ForHisGlory37

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Wow!  Thanks everyone for your input, there is a lot of words...LOL..... A LOT!!! It will take me hours just to read all your input and then get back to you all!  Appreciate the discussion though and I like that we can do that because iron sharpens iron!  Thank you all!  blessings!  :D

• Loved it! 1

7 hours ago, Jostler said:

Justin can we establish from Scripture whether or not that Rev 12 battle has already culminated in satan being cast to earth?  Or is that a yet future result of that battle?  I don't know the answer for certain, but is suspect that final result of that  battle is still to come.  It appears to me the saints have a role to play in that final casting down, and I don't think we've stepped up and done our part yet.  But I think it might be close to time now....

I believe brother Jostler that satan has not been cast down to earth yet..... because in the Book of Job, he came to God saying he had been roaming the earth...and I believe he still has access to the courts of heaven.  In Scripture, it also says that he is the accuser of the brethren, he has to be present before the Lord to accuse us in the courts of heaven.  Just my thoughts, but I believe you are right, the time is very close to when he is going to be cast down and no longer have access to heaven and he will be mad!  very mad indeed!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

7 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

I believe brother Jostler that satan has not been cast down to earth yet..... because in the Book of Job, he came to God saying he had been roaming the earth...and I believe he still has access to the courts of heaven.  In Scripture, it also says that he is the accuser of the brethren, he has to be present before the Lord to accuse us in the courts of heaven.  Just my thoughts, but I believe you are right, the time is very close to when he is going to be cast down and no longer have access to heaven and he will be mad!  very mad indeed!

That is the very thing that makes  me question whether that battle described in Rev 12 has reached it's conclusion yet.  I do think that battle likely began shortly after the resurrection, which I honestly don't think satan was expecting at all.  He panicked.....when the Heir rose up out of that place satan thought would trap him forever and let him take over the vineyard...well...it couldn't keep Him :)

But, if satan is still appearing before the court to accuse the saints, and he loses that access after the Rev 12 fight reaches it's conclusion, then it's not finished yet, in spite of the fact it's likely been being fought for 2000 plus years.  The conclusion of that battle is going to represent a *very* significant milestone in satan's defeat.....and the giants will finally be removed from our promised land.

"Heaven dwellers" will be rejoicing....and earth dwellers ...look out.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Now we approach a dichotomy. If the denizens are confined to the lake of fire eternally - I.e. one of the sentences mentioned in the scriptures. Then what happens when HELL (hades, underworld etc etc) is destroyed? It says this also in the scriptures that death (and the place of death) will be forever destroyed - I.e. implying that the 'place of torment' will be also destroyed. So how can torment be 'forever'?

This seems an easy thing to gloss over, but maybe it is not so simple..?

From the beginning there was one inheritance for mankind...

It was a default inheritance....

Abel was the first one to died...

(Thinking of it this was the first inheritance for Man...the descending inheritance). 

How did Adam found out? As no one had died before...

At first God acknowledge the right of the Devil to have taken the first pair, and his right on their offsprings....

When he said the "seed of the woman will put an end on the rein of death on mankind...

God said "The seed of the woman", knowing that one day he will leave everything and through the power of the Holy Spirit he will enter our world....born from the woman...and he would look like the same as the man he had just created....

And at the time of Abel's death....first God said...no one will hurt Cain...not even himself...and then he said "the revenge is mine"...

He excluded Cain from the object of his revenge and included the one who deceived Adam and Eve....who took Abel when he died....

We see God mourning for Abel...he said Abel is crying unto him...

God knew that he had to go to the Cross for that to happened...he had to died first to shed the blood of  New Covenant...for the forgiveness of sins of the whole world....so  can include Abel in  the Redemption...From the Bossom of Abraham he had to preach the Gospel to everyone till  he get to Abel..

Jesus died for all....

To end the default rein of the Devil on mankind...and go to Abel and take him out of his holding place....

The longest prisoner of all...he served the longest term waiting for the Christ Jesus to get him out from Hades and be together...in Jesus Christ inheritance...the ascending one the Heavenly....

Jesus Christ the life giver gave him Life and took him to his new inheritance the inheritance of the children with the Life...

Jesus made it clear...WHERE I WILL BE YOU WILL ALSO BE....

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE IS EVERYONE WHO DIES WITH THE LIFE....YOU NEED TO FIND JESUS FIRST...THEN YOU WILL FIND THEM...in their Heavenly inheritance....

God gave Heaven to Jesus as his inheritance and not only for him but also for his children...

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Spellings

On 4/11/2020 at 12:09 AM, missmuffet said:

1 Peter 3:18-19

It is mentioned that sometime between Jesus' death and resurrection Jesus made a special proclaimation to some imprisoned spirits. No where in the Bible are we told that Jesus visited hell. We are told very little about this. 

Romans 8:5-9

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Thank you for your input missmuffet.  But in 1 Peter 4:6 it says For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God. 

How was the gospel preached to the dead if someone didn't go there?  And if there is no chance as we have all been taught, that once you die, there is no repentance, why did Jesus preach to the dead?

On 4/11/2020 at 12:53 AM, Justin Adams said:

Tartarus, where the watchers are imprisoned. Telling them again it was all finished and they were doomed. Their machinations to kill Him had just given God the opportunity to show His wonders thru the crucifiction and resurrection.

'Had they but known, they never would have killed the Lord of glory'. So says the apostle.

Hello Justin, could you give me the Scripture reference for the above info please?  thanks.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

By default it includes everyone who believes in him...we give the faith to our children....and the everyone else who goes beyond family.....

Hello Your closest friendnt,   I thought it was God through His Holy Spirit gives us faith?  Without the Holy Spirit, we would not have faith or even seek Him.

Romans 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.  I don't think we give faith to our children.  We train them up in the way they should go.  It is God who draws us. 

On 4/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

The mission to preach the Gospel to the dead it was given to Jesus Christ...

Again, why did Jesus preach the Gospel to the dead if there was no hope for them?  Is there hope for them?  If so, where does it say in the Scriptures?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

20 minutes ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Thank you for your input missmuffet.  But in 1 Peter 4:6 it says For the gospel has for this purpose been preached even to those who are dead, that though they are judged in the flesh as men, they may live in the spirit according to the will of God. 

How was the gospel preached to the dead if someone didn't go there?  And if there is no chance as we have all been taught, that once you die, there is no repentance, why did Jesus preach to the dead?

The Bible does not say why Jesus Christ preached to the dead. 

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible does not say why Jesus Christ preached to the dead. 

So my question is missmuffet, why do YOU think Jesus preached to the dead?  From all the knowledge of the Scriptures, leading of the Holy Spirit, why do you suppose Jesus preached to the dead????

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

So my question is missmuffet, why do YOU think Jesus preached to the dead?  From all the knowledge of the Scriptures, leading of the Holy Spirit, why do you suppose Jesus preached to the dead????

Do you want my human opinion or what the Bible says? I will go with the latter.