• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

6 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:
"He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!
Remember what he told you back in Galilee,
that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day.”

Indeed.  Blessed be the Most High forever and ever n the name of Jesus Christ the Lord! Shalom.

1 Corinthians 15: 20, 21, 22 - But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,391
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

9 hours ago, Daily verse and quote said:
"He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!
Remember what he told you back in Galilee,
that the Son of Man must be betrayed into the hands of sinful men and be crucified, and that he would rise again on the third day.”

Then they remembered that he had said this."
Luke 24:6-8 

"He is not here, He is risen.”  Upon that great fact hangs the entire plan of the redemptive program of God.  Without the resurrection, there could be no salvation.                                                                            Billy Graham

1 Corinthians 15:1-5

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

When Was the Resurrection? 

Was the resurrection, then, shortly before sunrise, Sunday morning?  John’s gospel says it was still “dark” when the women came to the tomb.  But Mark seems to contradict these facts.  The King James Version has it:  “And when the sabbath was past [that part is perfectly clear], Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.  And very early in the morning, on the first day of the week [so good so far!], they came unto the sepulchre at the RISING OF THE SUN” (Mark 16:1-2). 

Does this account contradict the other accounts?  Not at all!  

The Scriptures do not contradict themselves.  The word translated “at the rising of the sun” in this verse is panatela, meaning “to cause to rise,” “make rise,” etc.  The prefix is Ana in the Greek and could be translated “by” or “before.”  In other words, the women came to the tomb “by the rising of the sun,” or “before the rising of the sun.”  This would fit in with the clear statement in John that they came while it was still dark, before daybreak.    

To determine the time of the resurrection, it is very noteworthy that when Christ died on the stake, there was an accompanying earthquake – “the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom, and the earth quaked, and the rocks split” (Matt.27:51).  There was another earthquake early Sunday morning, before sunrise, as Matthew continues:  

“Now after the Sabbath [or “Sabbaths”], as the first day of the week began to dawn [not yet sunrise], Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.  And behold, there was a GREAT EARTHQUAKE; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone, and sat on it” (Matt.28:1-2, NKJV).   

It seems most likely that the resurrection of Christ occurred at the moment of this great earthquake!  The dead will once again rise when there is a great earthquake, at the second coming of Christ (Rev.11:18-19; 16:17-21; 11:12-13).  When Christ arose, a number of saints, also in their graves, also were resurrected, and entered Jerusalem and appeared to many (Matt.27:52-53).  An earthquake is often associated with resurrection!  Evidently, then, when the earth quaked at the coming of the angel to roll away the stone from the tomb is the very moment of Christ’s resurrection! 

A New Look at The  Birth, Ministry, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ! 

Love always, Walter and Deborah

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1,190
  • Topics Per Day:  0.67
  • Content Count:  1,742
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for the visual reminder that "He is not here...He is Risen!":hurrah:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,373
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7422-66376-gettyimages-1134712261-romolotavani1200.jpg.8f7421d90cd1af003add63dd5b750037.jpg

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Awesome image! Wow!:emot-wave:

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings in Christ!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

At the end of the Sabbath, this would Be Saturday Evening.

As it began to dawn toward the First day of the Week.

This would also be Saturday Evening moving toward Sunday Morning.

He is Risen, He rose Saturday.  It is Simple to Understand.

As long as you don't mis-understand the differences between the Jewish reckoning of time, and how others, especially in our day, reckon it. I do not know on which day Jesus rose, the text does not say. You are trying to use terminology that is not Jewish - you say things like Saturday and Sunday, those are pagan concepts or constructs of days.

We know that Jesus had not risen, when He was placed in the tomb, that would have been before sundown of the sabbath, Friday night by the reckoning of most of us.  By our reckoning, the sabbath would have ended on Sunday morning at sun rise, and the ressurection had happened by then. There is darkness, the sunlight, then darkness again, that all on the sabbath, but we do not know when the ressurection was in that sabbath. 

Where I live, and in my time, Saturday ends at midnight, and the first day of the week begins at that time. So to me, it is possible, but not necessary, that Jesus arose after midnight, early Sunday morning before dawn.

Now if we really want to confuse people, we could point out that Jesus said:

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea creature, so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

You all can wrestle that one out if you like, I am not sure why it is important to anyone, which day we memorialize the Resurrection. It is not as though this is some Holy day we are instructed to keep. I am with Paul on this:

"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind."

What matters is not the day that Jesus rose, but that He is risen indeed!

• This is Worthy 2

To me, your reasoning/logic makes perfect sense.

I pray you continue to share your thoughts (wisdom) with the rest of us.

Blessings in the name of our Risen Lord!

You referenced Jonah and the whale.

Here is one of my nature photos with the whale on dry land!:emot-LOL:

Web126.jpg.6b1fc9b4253657874df5d0bcb62f3987.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

"One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind."

What matters is not the day that Jesus rose, but that He is risen indeed!

:amen: MY REDEEMER LIVES:6:

• This is Worthy 1

What matters is not the day that Jesus rose, but that He is risen indeed!Yes!

Your statement: "What matters is not the day Jesus rose, but that He is risen indeed!
All I can add is..."Amen and Amen!"

• This is Worthy 1