• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

LIGHT  BEARER  AND  ALL

what is it that grace has taught paul as well as all who love THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ACCORDING  TO  TITUS 2:12

denying ungodliness???  -- is not learning then what---GODLINESS  IS--- very very important

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, steve morrow said:

LIGHT  BEARER  AND  ALL

what is it that grace has taught paul

What is it that Grace taught Paul?

Grace, the Grace of God, which IS Jesus Himself , taught Paul in Philippians 3:8, that all self effort to try to gain righteousness or keep God's acceptance after you are born again ,  Paul says this is "dung".

The way i think of that word, as used by this apostle is..>"beyond worthless religious TRASH".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

Whatever this “ Pitfall” is that poor, deceived , Behold has fallen into.....I would consider it an honor and a Blessing from God to join him in it.....come to think of it, I think I am already there ! Behold’s Doctrine looks like one of those Doctrines where Jesus gets ALL of the credit, and I get NONE......just the way it “ Should” Be....Nothing But The Blood. I sure am happy that I don’t have to be the one arguing against that .....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brotha BB

Now I got the song "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus" stuck in my head:6:......I suppose its best there is no reply but maybe I missed something because I didn't catch where it went sideways,threw me off with the the old High School reading assignment,I don't see what it has to do with the Written Word of God,much better reading!:wub:                        With love-in Christ<kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.46
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Rom. 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

This is how Paul the Apostle drills down and cuts through.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

57 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Ever since I came here I keep hearing about these guys, yet NOT ONCE has anybody produced any evidence....” To say “ put up or shut up” would be a bit on the crude side, so I will just ask again, for the zillionth time—show me who is actually saying this......Guys Like Osteen are misguided to say the least, but I have never heard him or anybody else say anything even close to “Go out and Sin”

I Gave you a list of examples such as preachers endorsing gay marriage and allowing Homosexual Pastors in churches. The Ones teaching seducing spirits, Spiritual drunkeness, Pro abortion Pastors. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with these sorts of Preachers, but they are all over the Place. For example, Go watch a video entitled: Rob Bell and Andrew Wilson // Homosexuality & The Bible // Unbelievable?

For a good video on the heresies of Prosperity preachers watch a video called: FALSE TEACHERS EXPOSED: Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel | Justin Peters

Also Look up a video entitled Rick Warren Exposed (Documentary) By Doctrinal watchdog This last one will show you exactly what I am pointing you towards here in this post.

They are all turning the grace of God into Lasciviousness.  

6 hours ago, Behold said:

You can't actually define what you mean, so you just imply some fake innuendo against me, and then call me your "friend?

The Pitfall is a watered down Gospel that produces complacency, which is what I am seeing in your comments here. 

Complacency defined: a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements.

Spiritual complacency can be seen in the following: https://jimrenke.com/2019/06/11/4-signs-of-spiritual-complacency/4 Signs of Complacency

Here are 4 potential signs of complacency. I know these aren’t exhaustive, but maybe they will make each of us ask, “am I becoming complacent?”

1. We view ourselves higher than what God determines to be true.
In other words, we think we are doing okay spiritually when in fact, we are not. We compare ourselves with others, or even with our past failures and we sense success. Instead, Scripture encourages us to compare ourselves with the holiness of Jesus. (see Luke 18:10-14)

2. We live in an attitude of self-sufficiency. “I can handle life and what it brings me,” is what we say. Every day, we trust in our own ability to understand, decide and act, believing that constant dependence on God is either a dream or a nightmare. This kind of dependence is not a reality we should experience. (see Proverbs 3:5-6)

3. We are comfortable in the culture in which we live. A disciple of Jesus is never comfortable this side of heaven. When we align ourselves too closely with political philosophies, groups, systems, lifestyles, we stop thinking and evaluating critically and spiritually. If we are too settled, we no longer strive for the Kingdom of God. And then we miss out on what that Kingdom promises. (1 John 1:15-17)

4. We are spiritually satisfied without real spiritual awareness. Jesus saved us, but we don’t understand, or desire life with Him. Our faith is about who gets to go to heaven when they die, whether or not Jesus is there.  We live like forgiveness of sin is a one-time transaction, but we don’t live in constant repentance and confession. Our prayers are for shallow, tangible blessings, but not spiritual victories over the forces of darkness. (Ephesians 6:12-18)

Edited by George
Notice what is CROSSED through ... this would be a personal attack ... ... figure out a way to discuss it without the personal attack.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, dhchristian said:

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)

It has been said the Law was replaced by Grace, which is true. we are saved by grace kept by grace and sanctified by grace, by the Work of the Holy Ghost in us. But what is often overlooked is that we arrive at the Truth. When we are first saved we do not Know the whole Truth of what God has to teach us, but we must first drink the Milk of doctrine, before we can eat the meat and properly digest this more solid Spiritual Manna. The Problem arises in the life of a believer when they think they have arrived at the truth, they get to a point of complacency and no longer hunger for the Truth of the Word of God, and become unteachable and proud.... their hearts become hardened to the sweet savor of the Word of God being revealed to them and instead are complacent to remain wherever they are at on their journey. They are stuck in the wilderness of partial belief.

I encourage all who claim Christ as their savior to embrace not Just His Grace, But His Truth as well. By that I mean go to Him and pray and seek his revelation in your life. Paul has two powerful prayers in the book of Ephesians (1:17ff, 3:14ff) that will lead you into the Truth, and Open the door to Christ to come in and teach you, search those prayers out and pray them and He will reveal himself to you. He is not only the Way to salvation, He is the truth, and He is the Life. Allow Him to finish His work in you, as He is the Author and finisher of our faith.

God Bless.

Galatians 3:24–28 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I rather think of it as the laws of aerodynamics supersede the laws of gravity. 

Disbelieve in the laws of aerodynamics, you am gonna be subjected to the law of gravity p.d.q.

wile-e-falling.gif.e4d52d084355e002ddbd5f3268dce5bf.gif

Edited by JohnD

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Rom. 11:6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

This is how Paul the Apostle drills down and cuts through.

I Agree. We are not disagreeing about Grace, we are talking of Truth. Is the Truth something we automatically get when we are saved, or do we learn Truth by the Instruction of the Spirit of Truth as we live our lives. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. (John 16:13-14)

The Spirit of Truth is the answer to the pitfall of spiritual complacency. That is when we stop learning and growing in the Truth.  

Just now, JohnD said:

I rather think of it as the laws of aerodynamics supersede the laws of gravity. 

Disbelieve in the laws of aerodynamics, you am gonna be subjected to the law of gravity p.d.q

But we now have a new Law the law of the Spirit of Life, which is like a helium balloon that defies gravity, and enables us to soar. (See Romans 8:1-5)

• Thumbs Up 1