IGNORED

The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

BlessedCreator

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 4/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, BlessedCreator said:

The mark of the beast, is not a literal physical mark.
Just as the seal of God (Revelation 7:3) is not a physical mark on the people of God.

That seal we understood as spiritual, in the faith and in
the character; this evil brand we must interpret in like manner, being also
a spiritual mark.

I quoted the above, largely to help certain people here to stay out of trouble. Notice what the topic is? This thread in not about the merits or demerits of preterism, or millennial views, rapture timing, etc. There is no reason to close the thread because of the topic, but there is a practice here (on Worthy) to try to stay on topic, and not derail or hijack threads. So, KINDLY try to keep your posts relavent, and discuss these side issues in threads about them! The likely alternative, will be to bans certain members from this thread, and possibly other threads where the exhibit similar misbehaviors!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

I am open to....

...a polite and respectful, reasonable and rational, cogent and coherent topical case of well-rendered scripture.

That is the standard to which I hold everything I post and everything I right and I assume it is the standard by which every other Christian in this forum aspires. That alone persuades and anyone - you included - who assumes I have any other standard is arguing a straw man. 

No such case was provided. As I have already shown and subsequently summarized there is a lack of scripture for the position asserted, what scripture was offered was neglected or abused, and in at least two places the posts themselves contradict one another. This isn't personal; no one should be persuaded by such content

So unless and until those errors are corrected (and I did ask and I am open to such changes) the case presented fails miserably both scripturally and rationally. Unless and until those errors are corrected we'll have to agree to disagree. Whatever else is done, don't blame me for the flawed case presented. It is flawed whether my mind is open or closed. Scapegoating me is just bad form..

You could have fooled me! I thought you were trying to persuade me that my doctrine was faulty. you failed miserably at that! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Now concerning the Mark of the Beast, there is a important question that needs to be asked. What is the peoples mindset concerning this? Are you actually prepared to refuse to accept the mark of the beast?

I ask this because the impression I get is that when the times comes so many people who say they won't get it, they actually will.

I use this as a example, say those parents who have children, are they going to cave in and accept so they can feed their children? Now there is another area of concern, and that is the people who have this mentality "God understands, I had to feed my family" or some other excuse to justify accepting the mark of the beast. But the warnings given in Rev 14.9-11 are quite clear.

The question we really we need to ask ourselves, are we witnessing events leading up to the mark of the beast, and are we prepared to refuse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

Ah. The dreaded mark. Why does everything have to be about us in the 21st Century? Can we not read in contexts?

If suddenly we found out that all Christendom had in one way or another already accepted this mark, what would we do then?

The 'MOB'. Which one? The antiChrist? Which one? The Beast? Which one?

If you follow the RCC edicts and ignore God's Sabbath, is that not a mark?

If you ignore Passover in favor of 'easter', is that not a mark?

If your 'religious institution' is Anti Semitic, is that not a mark?

Think well and think clearly.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

If you follow the RCC edicts and ignore God's Sabbath, is that not a mark?

Jesus Christ is the Sabbath rest for Christians. That carnal ordinance of the Old Testament was fulfilled in Him.

Col 2:14-17:

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

We keep the Sabbath today by believing in Christ (Mat 11:28-30), Who is the Fulfillment of the Old Testament type and shadow. There is no "Christian Sabbath," but Scripture shows Christians celebrate the Lord's Day - i.e., Sunday.

https://letgodbetrue.com/sermons/index/year-2009/christian-or-sabbatarian/

52 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Christians celebrate the Lord's Day - i.e., Sunday.

Never. Just a modern construed idea to support the RCC.

You conveniently ignored the rest of my post...

Edited by Justin Adams

12 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Never. Just a modern construed idea to support the RCC.

You conveniently ignored the rest of my post...

Has nothing to do with the RCC.

Acts 20:6-7:

6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2:

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the first day of the week. We celebrate His resurrection, not the shadow of it in the Old Testament.

• This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Don19 said:

Has nothing to do with the RCC.

Acts 20:6-7:

6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2:

1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Jesus Christ rose from the dead on the first day of the week. We celebrate His resurrection, not the shadow of it in the Old Testament.

They never worked on the Sabbath. That is why they did the gathering on the first day. Understand the Hebrew and the methods they used. They never for ages worshipped on the first day. When Constantine and others passed laws they were constrained to do stuff on the SUN-day under pain of death etc. Later constantine relented, but the anti-Jew laws were still in effect for many years.

You gotta read your history brother.

Yeshua did NOT rise on the first day. He arose on the Sabbath.

3 days 3nights.jpg

miatonsabbaton2.doc   In case the doc is again deleted, see the text below.

MIA TON SABBATON

April 7, 2012

The key to understanding Yehoshua’s (Jesus’) resurrection day phrase from the inspired Word of God for the Greek text verses of Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, St. John 20:1,19; Acts 20:7, and 1 Corinthians 16:2 follows somewhat as ‘μια τῶν σαββατων’ which is transliterated as mia ton sabbaton and is translated to literally mean as; ‘one of the sabbaths’.

This phrase has been traditionally perceived, interpreted, and understood to read as ‘the first day of the week’ or less commonly as ‘the first of sabbaths’ in anidiomatic fashion where Hebrew weekdays are determined in a referenced order from one weekly Sabbath to the next weekly Sabbath. 

However, the resurrection day phrase the ‘first day of the week’ could have appeared in the Greek as;

‘πρώτο ημέρα του εβδομάδας’ of the original texts and transliterated as ‘prote hemera tis hebdomata’ but does NOT literally exist anywhere in any shape or form.

Consider specifically in all of the resurrection day passages stating the Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων which is transliterated as sabbaton where the literal English rendering is translated as ‘sabbaths’ and is plural of meaning in line with Greek Syntax rules.

In the key resurrection verse of Matthew 28:1 the original Koine Greek word ‘σαββατων’ appears twice in the same sentence being plural in a literal meaning at both instances, i.e. MTH 28:1.

“οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιανσαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον”
GREEK TEXT – STEPHENS (Editor) 1550 – TEXTUS RECEPTUS

The full sentence of Matthew 28:1 would render closely like;
“Late (οψε) but (δε) sabbaths (σαββατων) to the (τη) lighting-up (επιφωσκουση) into (εις) one of (μιαν) sabbaths (σαββατων) Mary (μαρια) Magdalene (μαγδαληνη) and (και ) the (η) other (αλλη) Mary (μαρια) observed (θεωρησαι) the (τον) sepulchre (ταφον).”

What could this possibly mean according to Greek Syntax where the contrasting ‘sabbaths’ in the very same sentence have a duality of definement with a co-existance between one and another?

Hence, Matthew 28:1 may be describing details in meaning like ; ‘Late (adverb) (post-after-end) (genitive of seperation) more-over (the annual Passover) sabbaths (plural) as it was lighting up (twi-lighting) on one (a cardinal number) of the (a partitive-genitive case function) sabbaths (plural)….’ etc.

Thus we are given a description of time pertaining to an interval when the Passover period was complete and had already finished. e.g. >>>

‘End (opse-adverbial) the 2 High sabbaths (Nisan 15 & 21  i.e. EX 12:16) of the Passover period onto a weekly sabbath ( 1 0f 7 ) or one sabbath from a ‘week’ of sabbaths within the 50 day counted duration between Passover (from the sheaf offering LEV 23:11,15,16) leading up to Pentecost.’

Thus, Yehoshua (Jesus) would have arrived at Bethany on Friday Nisan 8th being six days before the Passover on Thursday Nisan 14th A.D. 34. He was crucified on Wednesday Nisan 20th in the Passover preparation day (JHN 19:31) to Thursday Nisan 21 (Holy Convocation Day) and would resurrect 3 days and 3 nights later (Sign of Jonah/MTH 12:39, 40) on the weekly sabbath late afternoon of Saturday Nisan 23rd. This day being one integral sabbath in a week of sabbaths (7 weekly sabbaths) within the counted 50 day period leading up to Pentecost i.e. LEV 23:15.

* To clarify the original intended meaning furthermore behind the mia ton sabbaton phrase, you may view a Word Press article entitled;

A TREATISE ON THE LORD’S DAY

>>> 

http://pmary65.wordpress.com/

by The Consolidated Christian Commemoration

consolidatechristcommemorated@aim.com

* May God Bless You immensely with a sound Biblical understanding regarding the mia ton sabbaton resurrection phrase.

https://miatonsabbaton.wordpress.com/2012/04/07/the-resurrection-of-yehoshua-on-mia-ton-sabbaton/

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Roar said:

Exactly where are the Bible Scriptures that says the Sabbath became Sunday found? Sunday worship was mandated by the RCC and Roman Law not by any Biblical Mandate.

Christ is the fulfillment of the Sabbath for Christians. That carnal ordinance was nailed to His cross. Sunday is not the Sabbath for Christians, and neither is Saturday. There is no "Christian Sabbath day." (Col 2:16-17, Galatians 4:9–11). We keep the Sabbath by resting in the finished work of Christ.

Edited by Don19
  • This is Worthy 1

6 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Christ is the fulfillment of the Sabbath for Christians. That carnal ordinance was nailed to His cross. Sunday is not the Sabbath for Christians, and neither is Saturday. There is no "Christian Sabbath day." (Col 2:16-17, Galatians 4:9–11). We keep the Sabbath by resting in the finished work of Christ.

So why does every church seem to meet on SUN-day?  As the RCC is fond of saying, "the protestants acknowledge the Pope's authority by worshiping on sunday".

Or did you not know that?

Edited by Justin Adams