IGNORED

Tearing Down Strongholds is not easy but they will come down....

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Your closest friendnt said:

You have taken Cicero's words out of context...

The Quote is from A.W. Tozer, Take your complaint to his family and ministry. I Do not think Tozer was trying to equate Cicero as a saint or anything like that. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The only Repentance That Saved me I underwent about 49 years ago, when I turned to God as a lost Sinner after the Holy Spirit convicted me as being a lost sinner

I never committed anything  to God other than my sins 

I don’t worry about “ Fruit” ...... it is a natural result of having God’s Spirit in me....

God bless.....

Not that the committing and recommitting of things to the LORD is unscriptural, we note... 

Psa 31:5  Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psa 37:5  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Pro 16:3  Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

2Ti 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Not that the committing and recommitting of things to the LORD is unscriptural, we note... 

Psa 31:5  Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Psa 37:5  Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
Pro 16:3  Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

2Ti 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Good stuff......thanks......The kind of “ Commitment” I always think Of is where somebody has determined “ to straighten up and fly right” as a condition of Salvation or keeping the same......like making a Commitment to keep all of the Commandments— stuff like that—- “ commitments that  invariably incorporate some type of grit your teeth and live the “ Christian Life”.......never  mentioning Grace......These  are the well- intentioned , yet doomed to fail types of Commitments that I am referring to......God Bless...  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Good stuff......thanks......The kind of “ Commitment” I always think Of is where somebody has determined “ to straighten up and fly right” as a condition of Salvation or keeping the same......like making a Commitment to keep all of the Commandments— stuff like that—- “ commitments that  invariably incorporate some type of grit your teeth and live the “ Christian Life”.......never  mentioning Grace......These  are the well- intentioned , yet doomed to fail types of Commitments that I am referring to......God Bless...  

Yes, I'm with you on the above score. I dislike the dogmas of institutional religion that bind people to a 6am prayer meeting, or a list of incantations , or a rigid set of observances whereby adherence to these things proves what committed Christians they are who maintain such works.

However, if anyone is committed to serving the Lord as directed in these verses, serving the Lord and not themselves, they do well: 

2Ti 2:24-26  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, (25)  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; (26)  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Flowersun said:

..I started to try and work it out in my own strength.....but I had to learn to let go of it and rest in the Lord......imo all meant to be......are you saying we are never handed over to Satan to play with our minds?

What you just said is exactly what i teach... Its what i said.   We can't resist to overcome.  WE overcome by resting in Grace and in this God gives us the deliverance.

Many believers are tied up in self effort that ties you up more.  They are trying to do the "freeing", and only God sets you free.

You can no more free yourself from a "stronghold" then you can use your own blood to save yourself.

Its ALL of Christ.........the delivering, the saving......the Keeping you Saved..

Holiness does not come by working hard to be better....as legalists teach.. as Grace Rejectors teach......But rather Holiness only comes by resting in God, and allowing God to live through us....as only GOD is Holy, and we receive it.   Its by letting God take control......."it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me"....Jesus said "apart from ME you can do NOTHING".... So, when we try to be good, we fall.  But when we rest in God, then His power frees us from falling.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

You said strongholds aren't  difficult to tear down.....I disagree...it took the Lord 28 yrs to tear mine down.

The Lord has taught me everything I know...only he could work in me to tear my stronghold down..which he has done.

No pain no gain....being born again is not a free ride...where one does nothing....

Yes i hear you.

But i'll again gently state that strongholds are easy for God to tear down.

For us, they are impossible to remove.  

The NT speaks of a "besetting sin"...

I wrote a song that is speaking to the person who is trying to fight off what can't be removed by self effort....

a few lines..

"oh Jesus.

Here i am again

To confess the same ole Sin

The one i said i'd never do again, 

All i have to offer

is a Broken heart for you to mend

and tears, that won't stop falling"..

So, yes, Sister, i know the misery of trying to stop, which  just makes it worse.

This is the "curse of the law. "

The curse of the law is that it has DOMINION when you are under it.. Its power is that it judges you then empowers your flesh to want to sin again.  Thats the CURSE.

"Jesus died to removed the curse of the Law".

"The born again, are not under the Law but under GRACE".

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Yes i hear you.

But i'll again gently state that strongholds are easy for God to tear down.

For us, they are impossible to remove.  

The NT speaks of a "besetting sin"...

I wrote a song that is speaking to the person who is trying to fight off what can't be removed by self effort....

a few lines..

"oh Jesus.

Here i am again

To confess the same ole Sin

The one i said i'd never do again, 

All i have to offer

is a Broken heart for you to mend

and tears, that won't stop falling"..

So, yes, Sister, i know the misery of trying to stop, which  just makes it worse.

This is the "curse of the law. "

The curse of the law is that it has DOMINION when you are under it.. Its power is that it judges you then empowers your flesh to want to sin again.  Thats the CURSE.

"Jesus died to removed the curse of the Law".

"The born again, are not under the Law but under GRACE".

This is such a blessing to read.

• Praise God! 1

22 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Misery of trying to stop what?

i have no idea what you are talking about?

i know I have been saved by grace........"Now"....

Hey Sister,

Its the misery of trying to stop sinning.. Trying to be good enough for God to be pleased with us.

Trying to get rid of a Stronghold.

= Regret, condemnation, guilt, living in the past, never feeling that God loves you, never feeling that what you do matters.. or is worthwhile.

All of THAT, is misery....And so many Christians carry ALL that around like a ball and chain from hell.

But Hallelujah !!! God has given us a new heart, a  brand new start, a beautiful new day, and its all a GIFT that never ends.

Edited by Behold

17 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

Amen, sister. Our Father started drawing me to His Son 24 years ago... I was born again last summer. For the longest time sharing what I endured was too much to bear, something you saw for yourself when I deleted another attempt at sharing my testimony. There are some who say we aren't to suffer but we know this isn't the truth: we're called to pick up our cross and follow Christ and so this Life God has given us as His new creation isn't easy by any means. Our Redeemer suffered and we do likewise.  

Everyone suffers.

You dont have to be born again to learn how to  suffer.

And your "Cross" isn't to find a way to suffer, ...   your "daily Cross" is to deny yourself the pleasures of this world that are contrary to Holiness.

"Be IN the world but not OF the World".....you do that...... and you are carrying your Cross daily.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Of course we are to suffer....and suffer we have....without suffering we have nothing.....suffering brings us closer to God....so Amen bro!.

Reader, Be careful that you don't blame Christ- God - Salvation,  for the suffering that the Devil is causing you to go through..

Edited by Behold