IGNORED

Tearing Down Strongholds is not easy but they will come down....

Gideon

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Let us not forget that we are warned in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 that the antichrist must first be revealed before the end comes. Nobody is getting an escape card in these end times.

Also we are saved by faith which means our trust in God. But as James 2:26 tells us faith without works is dead. The works are God's will, His commandments and precepts taught in His word, the Holy Bible. Without obeying God your faith is dead.

That is why we are told in Matthew 7:14 that few will be saved. Because few take heed of the warnings. Such as that taught in Jesus' parable about the unprofitable servant being cast into outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth (Matt 25:30).

You cant trust in the Holy One if you live an unholy life.

John 2:17 KJB

"...he that doeth the will of God abideth forever"

Obey God and you can trust (have faith) in Him that He will save you. But if you live contrary to His will (anything contrary to His will is sin) you will perish.

Dont believe the easy to believe doctrines that you are saved merely by believing. This faith requires much more than.

Matthew 7:13-14 KJB

"

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Edited by BlessedCreator
  • Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

interesting perspectives here

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Sound impossible? I understand. But nevertheless, we have a wedding to get  prepared for, and our spots and wrinkles changes to the glory of holiness. 

Very  impressive sounding.

So, what are you actually doing to get ready for the wedding, Gideon?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

9 hours ago, Sower said:
10 hours ago, Gideon said:

Sound impossible? I understand. But nevertheless, we have a wedding to get  prepared for, and our spots and wrinkles changes to the glory of holiness. 

• Loved it! 1

You can't pick and choose what sripturecyou want salvation to be about. You have to look at the whole gospel and all of God's commandments and as Isaiah 28:10 says

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

This faith requires more than merely believing. You must live in strict obedience unto God's will which gives you access to the grace (favor) and faith (trust) in God. Without obeying God (the works spoken of in James 2:26) your faith is false, its dead.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

This faith requires more than merely believing

Yeshua gave an example of two He thought had the right faith. He was faced with unbelief in His hometown. Naaman, and the Widow. Neither had a bible and neither were Jews. 

Believing Loyalty is what we require to be saved.

What we could not get thru moral perfection we cannot lose thru moral imperfection. To say otherwise is a gospel of works.

Merit is a NON EVENT...

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

Their faith was judged according to the knowledge they had at the time, since Jesus had not finished His ministry yet, their knowledge was limited. 

Jesus Himself taught that the unprofitable servant will be cast out. (Matthew 25:30)

We are saved through faith. Faith means trust in God that He will save you. Faith without works is dead. You must obey God to have a living faith. 

Without obedience unto God your faith is nothing. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

12 hours ago, Sower said:

Presenting my body a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which in my (and all of our) reasonable service. 

Holding up my shield of faith, standing on the truth that I am a new creature and owe the flesh nothing, in order to quench all the fiery arrows satan throws at me.

Believing as well that God will not only insure I am not tempted above my ability to resist, but that He will also cause me to take the way of escape He promises to provide with each and every temptation. 

Walking in all the light I am  given and pressing in for more as I seek Him as to how I should walk and what He would  have me to share.

Letting His Word instruct me and respond to any corrections or chastenings God sees I need in order to grow up into Him in all things. 

Setting my affections on things above, not on things of the earth. 

Watching unto prayer so that these things approaching on the horizon do not catch me unaware.

Pretty much what all of us have been told is God's will for us to do to prepare for His return.

"If you know these things, happy are ye if you do them."

How about you?

Love you, sower

Gids

• Well Said! 1