IGNORED

Tearing Down Strongholds is not easy but they will come down....

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

19 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

The blasphemy is highlighted so all may bear witness to it. The Law didn't empower flesh to sin, it convicted us of it so we might understand our need for a Savior! No man can keep the Law. The shadow pointed to the substance; if those who labored to keep the Law before the Word made flesh was revealed were justified, how is it an unholy thing? 

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans 7:12)

Blasphemy? Here is the context.

Rom. 7:7   What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Rom. 7:21   I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Gideon stated:

""Satan, during these last nineteen hundred years, has established a multitude of strongholds, twistings of the truth that have led God's sheep far off the path God wants for His own. .The attitude of "We have grace .... who needs holiness? """

So, let me explain exactly what he is talking about..

Its this.   Satan has a gospel, and its a Grace Denying perversion of the Real Gospel of Christ.  

The Real Gospel is defined by Paul as "my Gospel".  And that is, that there are no works or self effort involved, but rather the Gospel is the understanding that God does not accept you or receive you because of any lifestyle you keep, or any self effort you perform, as all our works as compared to God's holiness, are considered by God as.... filthy as a rag.  "filthy rags".

So, the Devil's gospel is..... "your works make you acceptable, and you must by SELF EFFORT, find your way to God and keep yourself there..  "You are to keep yourself saved"..

Here is how the Devil will sound if you asked Him....Does Jesus save ??  The Devil will then teach his Gospel..."yes, Jesus saves, as long as you DO this, and DO that, and KEEP THIS, and don't do that, and don't do that"......so, that is the Devil's Gospel....He teaches that Jesus dies for you and then YOU take it from there and work to  keep yourself saved.

That's the Devil's gospel.  It denies GRACE and that is why Paul said its a perverted Gospel, a perversion of the TRUTH.

----------------------------------------------

The Gospel of God is...."I came to earth, i shed my blood, i saved you with My Blood, i keep you saved with my BLOOD forever< and you will never perish". "No one is able to take you out of my hand" = INCLUDING YOU.

Salvation is a FREE GIFT from GOD TO YOU, and as you didn't earn it,  you are also not required to KEEP Yourself saved, as its THE GIFT of Salvation, and that GIFT is God  keeping you saved after HE saved you with THE  BLOOD OF JESUS.

Philippians 1:6.  ""God who began your salvation IN You (Born Again) will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL to complete it for you"..

You dont work for that, and you can't work to keep it.  As its GOD who started it for you as a Gift and HE ALONE will finish your salvation for you as a GIFT.

"The GIFT of Salvation". 'The GIFT of Righteousness" Justification BY Faith". You give God your faith ONCE< and God saved you, ONCE...= Born again.

There is no working for that, or keeping that, as Salvation is FINISHED BY GOD, exactly as GOD started it......Through the BLOOD of JESUS.

Whereas, the devil's gospel will aways deny the blood of Jesus as a PERMANENT and ETERNAL Atonement, and try to make you save yourself...= keep your Own SELF saved.   "self savor".. is a Christ Rejector.

So, LISTEN for that false gospel, because you will hear this false gospel  from many false teachers..  Learn to HEAR the false gospel of the Cross denier and Grace rejector =  who always teaches you to keep yourself saved by effort, by works....by SELF.   "self savor". = false gospel.

Edited by Behold
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

6 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Yes I have read some of Romans....I understood what I read..

Can you explain what testifying to ones spirit...that you are a child of God....how does God testify that to your spirit ?

Romans 8:16...The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

To me,that means testifying to my spirit .....which no one can explain how the Holy Spirit does that.

The Lord does it supernaturally ....can't be explained...my spirit recognised the Lords Spirit when he testified that to me....that is how I know I am born again...

i became born again without reading the bible....

You understand this plenty well, Flowersun.

I would only encourage you to read more of your bible and often.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34

10 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Salvation is a free gift...after being saved one wants to please God....for the gift he has given us..the Holy Spirit......so for me works come after salvation...it doesn't keep you saved....because once recieving the Holy Spirit into our spirit...we are saved...no more saving to be done.

This is Gospel Truth and beautiful.. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Alive said:

Blasphemy? Here is the context.

Rom. 7:7   What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death.

Rom. 7:21   I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

The following was meant to be in response to Dusty.....not Alive....Dusty made the following statement......

if those who labored to keep the Law before the Word made flesh was revealed were justified, how is it an unholy thing? 

“ Be The Works Of The Law, no Flesh will be Justified”

“Abraham  BELIEVED God and it was counted as Righteousness”

“ The Publican returned to his home JUSTIFIED”....... what did this man do? He simply cried out to God, “ Lord,have Mercy on me, a Sinner”......He turned to God in Faith........FAITH was always the Way......all the-Law could ever do is condemn... 

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Alive said:

You understand this plenty well, Flowersun.

I would only encourage you to read more of your bible and often.

Flower......I do not question your Salvation or even your  “ means”  of getting there . In fact , I had the same experience ......after years of being “ Taught” by the Methodist Church that my family attended , the night I was Saved , I knew Nothing about the Bible and I was not hanging on to any Promises Of God .....Everything was kinda “By The Gut”. I was scared.....I asked God for Forgiveness, thinking I was “ Good Enough” to get my Prayer answered and by nothing of myself , The Holy Spirit gave me the “ Eyes to See” that I was NOT “ good enough”......I was nothing but a Lost Sinner, on my way to a well- deserved Hell.I was reduced to the point that all that  was left for me  to do was , like the sinful Tax- Collector, cry out,  “ God, forgive me”

Things have never been the same since ....

All I was trying to convey in my post to you was the fact that Salvation is FREE and you need to get onto Scripture for your “ own” good........

God bless you, fine woman .... 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

If you hold to the position that Salvation is  “ not” a free gift, the source of your position is mistaken.....whether one mistakenly thinks it came from the Bible or If came from one’s life experience. There “IS” an ultimate right or wrong .....God's Word is the ultimate Truth and no matter what the reason....If your Beliefs do not line up with what the Bible says.....you are in error......the Bible could not be more clear....Salvation is a free gift, given to those who do NOT work for it.A thorough reading of Romans will prove to you that this is true.....have you ever read it? You seem reluctant to Study the Bible as God desires His Children to do. Becoming a “ good student” is for YOUR benefit? I understand your reluctance....it is difficult to read and hard to understand......Getting my hands on “The Living Bible” ( VERY accidentally, btw) was one of the best things that ever happened to me.It is a paraphrase and some criticize it, but for anybody that reads it—— it will get the job done .It worked  for me .Thanks to bad teaching and versions of the Bible too confusing to read,  many people kinda have a “ hodge podge” Of Bible Knowledge and wind up with a brain full of Mush.It does not have to that way....

To say Salvation is a free gift can confuse a lot of people....if you do not make clear what Salvation is, what do you mean or include in this statement..can you please clear up this matter...tell us what Salvation is, so we can recognize the free gift...

58 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

To say Salvation is a free gift can confuse a lot of people....if you do not make clear what Salvation is, what do you mean or include in this statement..can you please clear up this matter...tell us what Salvation is, so we can recognize the free gift...

I would be happy to do my best to clear this up....Rom6:23.... “ For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE GIFT Of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 

2Cor9:15..... “ Thanks Be To God for His indescribable GIFT”

The most important thing in regard to Salvation is the fact that without it you are Damned. I have heard it preached that the Greek Word from which we get “ Salvation” goes much farther than that.Salvation includes taking a person and making them full and complete and like Paul , a man with a heart of joy and love, content in ANY circumstance and “ wanting for nothing.” Paul was turned into a guy that could be thrown into a prison and break out in song.Paul was truly the “ coolest” man who ever lived......Cool In Every situation, no matter how terrible it was......The Spirit of God desires to get us all to that point.All Of That In this lifetime and following that.....Heaven.All we have to do to enter this wondrous existence is to sincerely ask for it......God Bless..

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ALL  YOU  HAVE  TO  DO  IS  BELIEVE -- TRUE -- AND  THERE  IS  MUCH  THAT  NEEDS  TO  BE  BELIEVED

DEUTERONOMY  13:1  if there arise among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams and giveth thee a sign or a wonder  ---13:2--- and the sign or wonder come to pass whereof he spake unto thee saying let us go after other gods which thou hast not known and let us serve them 

---13:3--- thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams -- for  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  PROVETH  YOU -- to know whether you love  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  with all your heart and with all your soul 

---13:4--- you shall walk after  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD ---AND  FEAR  HIM  AND  KEEP  HIS  COMMANDMENTS  AND  OBEY  HIS  VOICE --- and you shall serve  HIM  and cleave unto  HIM

LUKE  24:25  THEN  HE  SAID  UNTO  THEM  O FOOLS  AND  ---SLOW  OF  HEART TO  BELIEVE---ALL  THAT  THE  PROPHETS  HAVE  SPOKEN--- 

EZEKIEL 3:18  when I say unto the wicked thou shalt surely die --- AND  THOU  GIVEST  HIM  NOT  WARNING --- nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way to save his life the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity --- BUT  HIS  BLOOD  WILL  I  REQUIRE  AT  THINE  HAND

---3:19-- YET  IF  THOU  WARN  THE  WICKED-- and he turn not from his wickedness nor from his wicked way he shall die in his iniquity but thou hast delivered thy soul

---3:20---AGAIN-- when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness and commit iniquity and I lay a stumbling block before him ---he shall die--- BECAUSE -- thou hast not given him warning -- he shall die in his sin -- and his righteousness which he hath done -- shall not be remembered --- BUT  HIS  BLOOD  WILL  I  REQUIRE  AT  THINE  HAND

---3:31--- nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man that the righteous sin not and he doth not sin ---HE  SHALL  SURELY  LIVE---BECAUSE-- he is warned also thou hast delivered thy soul

ACTS 3:22  for moses truly said unto the fathers a prophet shall  THE  LORD  YOUR  GOD  raise up unto you of your brethren like unto me  HIM  shall you hear in all things whatsoever  HE  shall say unto you 

---3:23--- and it shall come to pass that every soul which will not hear --THAT  PROPHET-- SHALL  BE  DESTROYED  FROM  AMONG  THE  PEOPLE 

ACTS 20:26  wherefore I take you to record this day that I am pure from ---THE  BLOOD  OF  ALL  MEN---

---20:27--- for I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of  GOD

2 THESSALONIANS 1:7  and to you who are troubled rest with us when the  LORD  JESUS  shall be revealed from heaven with  HIS  mighty angels 

---1:8---in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that --KNOW  NOT  GOD--AND  THAT  OBEY  NOT  THE  GOSPEL  OF  OUR  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST---

---1:11--- wherefore we pray always for you ---THAT  OUR  GOD  WOULD  COUNT  YOU  --WORTHY--  OF  THIS  CALLING--- and fulfil all the good pleasure of  HIS  goodness ---AND  THE  WORK  OF  FAITH  WITH  POWER---

ACTS 3:18  but those things which  GOD  before had showed by the mouth of all  HIS  prophets that  CHRIST  should suffer  HE  hath so fulfilled 

--3:19-- REPENT  YOU  THEREFORE  AND  BE  CONVERTED  THAT  YOUR  SINS  --MAY  BE  BLOTTED  OUT--  WHEN  THE  TIMES  OF  REFRESHING  SHALL  COME  FROM  THE  PRESENCE  OF  THE  LORD

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I would be happy to do my best to clear this up....Rom6:23.... “ For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE GIFT Of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 

2Cor9:15..... “ Thanks Be To God for His indescribable GIFT”

The most important thing in regard to Salvation is the fact that without it you are Damned. I have heard it preached that the Greek Word from which we get “ Salvation” goes much farther than that.Salvation includes taking a person and making them full and complete and like Paul , a man with a heart of joy and love, content in ANY circumstance and “ wanting for nothing.” Paul was turned into a guy that could be thrown into a prison and break out in song.Paul was truly the “ coolest” man who ever lived......Cool In Every situation, no matter how terrible it was......The Spirit of God desires to get us all to that point.All Of That In this lifetime and following that.....Heaven.All we have to do to enter this wondrous existence is to sincerely ask for it......God Bless..

*First paragraph...

"I would be happy to do my best to clear this up....Rom6:23.... “ For the wages of sin is death, but the FREE GIFT Of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ".

I have to acknowledge that you took the time to respond to my request, it was important to me for more than one reason...

I am not ignoring the statement..."the wages of sins is death", and the reference to Romans 6:23...I will have my say in due time....

What got my attention is the statement that...

"but the FREE GIFT Of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”". 

**the free gift is "ETERNAL LIFE"...

And it is from God to everyone to the whole world, and no one had it before Jesus Christ...simply Jesus Christ comes first and he brings the FREE GIFT TO MAN...THE ETERNAL LIFE...

It should be at the time when he said "it is finish when he died on the Cross, not before he said I am thirty, but right after he drunk the wine vinegar...the last prophecy to be fulfilled...before his death....the last opportunity the powers of the devil had to prevent it from happening...

Which it tells us that Jesus won all the battles with the Devil, and fulfilled all the prophecies written about him before his death....

There were also prophecies written about him that remain to be fulfilled after his death...