• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/06/1988

Brethren please I wanna ask, How do you deal with friends/Neighbours with very bad habits and doesn't wanna change, but rather want you to always be around them and get upset when you stay away from them?? Knowing that the bible told us to flee from such people, how do we manage their feelings so they dont feel rejected ?? Please share your experiences. 

Thank you. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Just be honest with them and tell them you are obeying God's commandments to do so. Be honest, but kind.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 4/28/2020 at 1:36 PM, AustinIfeanyi said:

Brethren please I wanna ask, How do you deal with friends/Neighbours with very bad habits and doesn't wanna change, but rather want you to always be around them and get upset when you stay away from them?? Knowing that the bible told us to flee from such people, how do we manage their feelings so they dont feel rejected ?? Please share your experiences. 

Thank you. 

So this is unfair of me, because I have no problem hurting people's feelings.

Now you don't do it intentionally, but say what needs said, and let what happens, happen.

Part of being an adult, is understanding that we live in a screwed up world, and you are not going to be able to manage their feelings.  The world is too screwed up.  Human beings are too damaged.

You are not going to find a happy joy joy solution, to every problem.  It doesn't work.  Not in this messed up world.

If that was even possible, to find a happy solution to every single confrontation, then why didn't Jesus himself use it in the Bible?    Remember, he healed thousands of people, did endless miracles,  drove out demons even.   And yet they still killed him.

So why didn't it work for Jesus?

In my experience, if someone is doing something terrible, you simply explain that "as long as you keep doing X, then I can't hang around anymore".

Will he get angry?  Of course.  Well they be upset?  Yes.   But better to be honest in all things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 4/28/2020 at 10:36 AM, AustinIfeanyi said:

Thank you. 

Hi Austin, 

Many of us have faced these issues when we became born again believers and it's more common than you may realize. I was one of the first in the crowd I hung out with in highschool to become what they termed in those days as, "Jesus Freaks". I had to make the decision at that time not to associate with them when they were partying and the like, but still kept being on good terms and maintained being friendly. I chose a distance from them during those times when celebrating in the manner in which I once also did. They understood it fortunately for me. It left the door open for sharing the Lord's love by example.

Each one would approach me curious about my new found faith and wanted to know about it. That led to being able to witness to each at their level of understanding and how much Jesus loved them and wanted to save their eternal souls. They all had questions and the Holy Spirit guided me what to tell them. It didn't happen over night of course. It took some of them time as individuals. Over the years and one by one, they all came to Christ eventually. A couple of them even became ministers of congregations, which was cause for much rejoicing. Keep the faith and be what Jesus is to you for them. It works. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

17 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

Just be honest with them and tell them you are obeying God's commandments to do so. Be honest, but kind.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

Hi Austin, 

Many of us have faced these issues when we became born again believers and it's more common than you may realize. I was one of the first in the crowd I hung out with in highschool to become what they termed in those days as, "Jesus Freaks". I had to make the decision at that time not to associate with them when they were partying and the like, but still kept being on good terms and maintained being friendly. I chose a distance from them during those times when celebrating in the manner in which I once also did. They understood it fortunately for me. It left the door open for sharing the Lord's love by example.

Each one would approach me curious about my new found faith and wanted to know about it. That led to being able to witness to each at their level of understanding and how much Jesus loved them and wanted to save their eternal souls. They all had questions and the Holy Spirit guided me what to tell them. It didn't happen over night of course. It took some of them time as individuals. Over the years and one by one, they all came to Christ eventually. A couple of them even became ministers of congregations, which was cause for much rejoicing. Keep the faith and be what Jesus is to you for them. It works. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Thank you Sir 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

So this is unfair of me, because I have no problem hurting people's feelings.

Now you don't do it intentionally, but say what needs said, and let what happens, happen.

Part of being an adult, is understanding that we live in a screwed up world, and you are not going to be able to manage their feelings.  The world is too screwed up.  Human beings are too damaged.

You are not going to find a happy joy joy solution, to every problem.  It doesn't work.  Not in this messed up world.

If that was even possible, to find a happy solution to every single confrontation, then why didn't Jesus himself use it in the Bible?    Remember, he healed thousands of people, did endless miracles,  drove out demons even.   And yet they still killed him.

In my experience, if someone is doing something terrible, you simply explain that "as long as you keep doing X, then I can't hang around anymore".

Will he get angry?  Of course.  Well they be upset?  Yes.   But better to be honest in all things.

Thank you so much

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,579
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 4/30/2020 at 8:00 AM, LonerAndy said:

And yet they still killed him.

So sorry that you suffer no remorse when being unkind to people. As to Jesus it did work for him. It worked oh so well, perfectly for me because of Him.

Jesus willingly came to die for me. No one took his life,  He willingly gave it up to pay  the price of my sin so that I do not have to pay  for it. Seems to have worked wonderfully well!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So sorry that you suffer no remorse when being unkind to people.

Amen, brother! That severely lacks the love of Jesus He so dearly wanted for those who are His followers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

32 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So sorry that you suffer no remorse when being unkind to people. As to Jesus it did work for him. It worked oh so well, perfectly for me because of Him.

Jesus willing came to die for me. No one took his life,  He willingly gave it up to pay  the price of my sin so that I do to have to pay  for it. Seems to have worked wonderfully well!

Dumb comment.  I never said I did not have remorse when I was unkind.  Don't put words in my mouth.  Jesus didn't do that to people, and nor should you.