IGNORED

If you think its not safe to sleep in alligator's cage dont assume you are such holy that the virus won't affect you.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Gershom_young said:

What I have said, though, is that the symptoms blamed on coronavirus have never been proven to have been caused by a virus.

I think you need to do some more research. 

The scientific method is available to everyone. If you choose to waste the intellect that God 

Pardon me but I think You are the one who is choosing to waste your intellect by spouting  conspiracy nonsense. Eveything you have been saying has been shown to be untrue. With proven  facts. Which for some reason you refuse to accept. 

If it makes any difference to your beliefs, there are more than 100 doctors 

Give me some names of these doctors and I will look up info on this.  You don't have to post all 100 names. Just a few. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Once everyone gets through explaining how each other are idiots, it might become more interesting and even useful to actually look at what COVID-19 means, ask where did the name come from, has there been a COVID-18 and so on.

It was discovered in 2019. Thus the name Covid-19  I just posting a reply to Gershom on this explaining in more detail. 

Oh here! I found it. It was in another thread.  

Sit back and get ready to be educated. Here we go.   On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the  coronavirus outbreak, first identified in Wuhan China. Coronaviruses make up a large family of viruses.  These viruses have been responsible for several outbreaks around the world, including the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) pandemic of 2002-2003 and the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)  This Coronavirus was  discover  I believe in Dec 30 2019 maybe Dec 31. It was a new Coronavirus that had jump from animal to human. So it was given the name "Covid-19" The meaning of the name is from the name "Coronavirus". Because it is in the family of Coronaviruses. And "19" because it was discovered in the year 2019. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  974
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,911
  • Content Per Day:  5.07
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It was discovered in 2019. Thus the name Covid-19  I just posting a reply to Gershom on this explaining in more detail. 

Yes I understand that. I am simply looking  at resources for myself and sharing of one, not even advocating it just sharing that I think it to be a decent start.

While I wonder is it a new virus and if so how did it create or get created? Is it new in the sense that  it is another known virus that has mutated or been engineered by man?

At a practical level it doesn't matter, for people are sick  for real. Some maybe not all that many are dying. Maybe there will be a vaccine maybe there never will be a vaccine. Maybe  deaths are indeed being re-categorized as COVID-19 the primary cause that would have been Bone Cancer instead three months down the road from when death actually occurred. Whatever; the Statistics are iffy at best and perhaps deliberately distorted at worst.

Still;  cargo container ships of trade are not moving with cargo for lack of dock workers at China, where did they all go? They were supposedly back in mid march, but are gone again per the Wall Street Journal's tracking of shipping. Only Wuhan Port is open? How is it open? It is absolutely vital to it's survival that it remain open; but other ports at China have no refrigeration trucks  running, no portable power sources being moved, no longshoremen. Where have they gone? These are the practical matters that affect me personally.

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes I understand that. I am simply looking  at resources for myself and sharing of one, not even advocating it just sharing that I think it to be a decent start.

While I wonder is it a new virus and if so how did it create or get created? Is it new in the sense that  it is another known virus that has mutated or been engineered by man?

At a practical level it doesn't matter, for people are sick  for real. Some maybe not all that many are dying. Maybe there will be a vaccine maybe there never will be a vaccine. Maybe  deaths are indeed being re-categorized as COVID-19 the primary cause that would have been Bone Cancer instead three months down the road from when death actually occurred. Whatever; the Statistics are iffy at best and perhaps deliberately distorted at worst.

Still;  cargo container ships of trade are not moving with cargo for lack of dock workers at China, where did they all go? They were supposedly back in mid march, but are gone again per the Wall Street Journal's tracking of shipping. Only Wuhan Port is open? How is it open? It is absolutely vital to it's survival that it remain open; but other ports at China have no refrigeration trucks  running, no portable power sources being moved, no longshoremen. Where have they gone? These are the practical matters that affect me personally.

I think if I remember what I read or heard. That it was a virus that was carried by animals. Like maybe a bat?  And I think bats carry a lot of viruses but don't really get sick from them.  And that it somehow jumped to another animal it came in close contact with I think in the wet market in Wuhan China.  Then it somehow mutated and was able to infect humans.  There is talk that it came from a lab in Wuhan China  and got out somehow. But that has not been proven as far as I know right now.   I don't know everything. I just read stuff. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

How created? 

Made in China. 

Perhaps, seems likely.

As for me the practical effect of it is what I am more interested in, because that is where the rubber meets the road.

Right now someone is standing on the air hose of world trade, choking manufacturing,  commerce, all the way through internet and brick and mortar end user sales to deaths too. I have personal need to deal with how that affects me.

A Dr. Fucci and his theories on numbers of deaths become irrelevant if civilization dies.

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I just read stuff. 

Me too. And then I find it the why of it all doesn't matter, for the ships are not carrying goods, they are floating high, most are stopped altogether. The docks  do not have workers to bring the power for refrigeration to the shipping containers on the docks that are holding meats and produce. Other  materials including raw materials  needed in the USA are not able to get scheduled for shipping to the USA  for packaging here to be able to fill the few orders from USA stores and internet sales enterprises.

So, no one no one in that chain can pay employees,  rents, taxes, anything. As I say someone is standing on the air hose thinking if I get off someone might get sick  and or die, maybe many  someones. By  someone doing that the whole of civilization is being oxygen starved, many have already died in the world of commerce the entities gone they will not be back. The humans that were part of them are suffering, depresssed, ill for lack of medical care, and some are starting to commit suicide.

Society is dying in order to keep some, to many, from getting one specific disease.  That just isn't workingout, got to get back to work or we all die. Civilization is at great risk.

It is time to flatten the fear of one's own death and to embrace keeping civilization alive at all personal cost.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

52 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I was hardly living. Had family interest in a hotel,  entertainment lounge/ bar, restaurant and coffee shop.

Sounds like a pretty good setup. Nice profits. Sure, lots of hard work and many hours of doing shifts. Must have been a decent wage though. I worked for a Spanish kitchen restaurant/bar/catering outfit. They made great money, but had to work hard to earn it. I imagine you worked very hard also.  

53 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Trying to keep it all together. Almost never slept a night of rest, would roll on through 36 hours at a stretch catch an hour or two  of rest and be back at it. I smoked and so it was pretty easy to puff through 5 packs a day.

Ah! And you also did too much of this too! Right?   :coffee: =:101:

54 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Was usually out of my two pack limit by the time I got hungry and ate breakfast at the coffee shop after the breakfast rush. Then I would hit the cigarette machines at our own restaurant and hotel lobby.

Yeah. Very expensive even if you had a meal ticket. Smokes from a cigarette machine aren't cheap. 

And yes I would literally smoke in the shower. Stupid but that is the way it was.

Oh no! You did that? :shower: That must have been difficult! 

God took it away  in an instant, less than an instant, a personal  individual gift from the Holy Spirit to me. Happened the moment I said upon hearing a rather badly done call by a tv preacher " If that's true I want it".

Praise the Lord, brother. That's wonderful! Mom quit her 20 year 2-pack-a-day habit with Jesus' help. 

54 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

Made in China. 

I remember back in the days when so many things were = Made In Japan. 1430884360_laughingsmiley.gif.2eabc8fdc24abc757a3867eda8b4f75d.gif

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,644
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, other one said:

Don't put yourself in harms way expecting God to protect you....    Not even Jesus would do that.

Driving to work is being in harm's way. Being in the military or police is being in harm's way. Should everyone stop living to avoid being in harm's way? Being a medical worker is being in harm's way. Does this mean that they should all quit if they think God may allow them to be sick or die?

Some people seem to think that something like missionary work or doing God's will in some way is 'putting yourself in harm's way'. I can understand if someone like the former Howard Hughes wanted to stay in a room and grow fingernails and avoid germs. What I have some problem with is when such people want everyone else to also!

48 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

I remember when cousin Pearl looked on the bottom of a Ming Vase and told granny it's nice but the best ones say made in Japan on the bottom. 

The Beverly Hillbillies was one of the funniest sitcoms from the 1960's. I loved that program. :heart: