• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

Do you mean lampstands?

No, you do not have that kind of power to fog my thinking.  I know what I am talking about.  What is confusing is why you make a conversation twist back to your favorite subjects instead of moving forward on the subject at hand.

I believe there is no more to be said about this subject.  You remain on the surface, which is an obvious reason why Cain's offer was reject, and for some reason, refuse to look at his behavior and see reasons why he would be in such a mindset.  We both agree that it was due to his offering not being a blood sacrifice.  That is where you stop.  I tried to bring it deeper, but you either don't want to go there or just can't see what I am saying.  It's like when a kid misbehaves.  There is a reason, a root cause to their behavior.  You talk about teh behavior, but don't seem to want to understand the root problem that makes him act out in such a manner.

I haven't changed my stance one bit.  I still believe a person can walk away from God if they so desired.  May it be that you are beginning to hear what I am saying instead of rewording it in your mind to compare it against what you believe?  Let me sum it up for you:

• Salvation is a gift from God.  Nothing anyone can do will ever change what Jesus did for us.  Nobody can add to or take away from His salvation plan.  It's a free gift waiting for anyone to accept it, according to His terms - Believe that Jesus is Gods Son, died and rose again - otherwise calling upon His name to be saved.
  • Those who continue in Him, He will continue in them, moving in their lives through the Holy Spirit to become more like Him.  During this process there are many lessons to learn, a lot of do and do not commands to contend with, all designed to bring them into maturity, which is a life long process.
  • Those who decide to refuse the corrections of the Holy Spirit eventually become like the branches on the vine that are dead and bear no fruit, they are cut off and thrown into the fire.  John 15:1-2 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit."

Hope this clears it up for you.

6 hours ago, Behold said:

Readers,

The most severe pride a person can have is to believe that they have the power to undo God's Authority..  And that is shown when  they believe that they are able to undo what God has caused, = Born again.

So, this type of pride, whereby a person believes that they are more powerful then God, and can take themselves out of Christ's possession, is a serious issue.

John 10:28

Jesus Said...: I give the born again eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of MY hand."

Consider the depth of the pride of a person who believes that they can take themselves out of Christ's Hand, when Christ says that noone can.......not even YOU, if you are born again...... 'NO ONE CAN"..... and that means YOU, readers......IF you are born again.

God's term for being born again, is crystal clear.   John 3:16.     or this one.. "all that call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved".

@OneLight....you  have continuing issues with understanding that you don't KEEP or EARN a GIFT.  "The GIFT of Salvation"...."The Gift of Righteousness"

I wrote a Thread recently......"pick your side, take your stand"......So, you certainly have continued to do so....

Also, why twist this verse ????  "those who continue in Him",   as Thats a work.. .   WE don't continue our salvation, God finishes it for us...... Philippians 1:6

Salvation is what Jesus did 2000+ years ago.....We don't earn that, we didnt cause it, and we can't keep it.  Its an APPLIED Blood Atonement that is eternally applied as "Grace Through faith, without works".

Try walking away from being BORN.. again..    That is exactly as impossible as walking away from being born of your Mother.

You literally seem to think you can.....

I copied both my post and you post so the reader can review both sides of the conversation.

Tell me, when Jesus said “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.  Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; " do you notice that they are in Him first before being taken away for not bearing fruit?  That means they believed in Him first, but did nothing to bear fruit, so they are removed.  I really don't know how much clearer this can be shown.  In your opinion, is Jesus wrong?

Edited by OneLight
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

27 minutes ago, Cornelius10 said:

Where Abel shed Blood, something God would not do.

God “ Shed  Blood” when he provided clothing for Adam and Eve after they sinned.

Later on, he provided a Ram for Abraham to sacrifice instead of Isaac

Its estimated that over 3 Billion sheep were sacrificed over the years by the Jews to obey the Laws that God was responsible for.....

Eventually, God Shed His OWN Blood...... 

• Well Said! 1

49 minutes ago, Cornelius10 said:

Actually God provided Adam and Eve Coats of Skin, get naked and you can see this.

I sure hope you are not serious.  What makes you say they had no flesh?  You do realize that a tunic is a coat or undergarment as in a long shirt, yes?   Look up H3801

1 hour ago, Cornelius10 said:

What make you think they had flesh before the fall?

Adam did not know his wife until after the fall.

Perhaps you should reread Genesis 1-3 again.  The scripture below is before the fall.

Genesis 2:21-25

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place.  Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cornelius10 said:

And when did Adam come to Know in the biblical sense his wife?

What does that have to do with a blood sacrifice?  Where are you even going with this and why?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

This is a truth statement supported by: 

Genesis 4:1, 

1. Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain.[b] 

She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth[c] a man.”

the above event took place after...

Generis 3:23 

23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden...

***and this even took place after this...

Genesis 3:21 

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them...

According to Genesis 3:21...This even which took place in the Garden of Eden...after the disobedience of Adam and Eve...is the first act of violence Adam and Eve witness...

It also shows that a discretion is been made between the creation, Man and the animals..

" and in the more specific group in the category of "mammals"...

It was not a fish, or a bird that God slaughtered to make "coats of skin" for Adam and Eve...

And according to 3:23...  and the next verse which is Genesis 4:1...and connected by "and"...

If may read the events in this way..3:23 and 4:1..

""So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden. And Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain.[b] 

****it's clear from the events in Genesis that Adam and Eve matured in the desires of the "FLESH" when were out of the Garden...not just after the "FALL", but after the "FALL" and when (time context and place context) they were expelled and out of the Garden...

Note: in Genesis 3:16, God foretold what is going to happened...while they were in the Garden right after the fall...

Adam and Eve were eating and they ate the fruit... Besides the descriptive events of how God created Man...

If someone who has read Genesis makes a claim about "flesh", he had the desires of the flesh in mind....as in the maturity and the need even found in the animals...to reproduce and motherhood...which follows but it was not seen in any other human by Eve...but she show that in the Kingdom of the animals.  Eve she had a model of motherhood...or how to feed the new born!!!

16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
    with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
    and he will rule over you.” 

11 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Actually it kind of has Everything to do with it.

Care to explain?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Behold said:

Here is a verse about works that you should do.....>"present your body a living sacrifice".   Here is another...."Give to the poor".    Here is one..."be ye holy as God is holy".

Also, Cain was not rejected for his Pride, he was rejected for not bringing Blood, whereas Abel was accepted because he brought blood.

And i really dont even think about candlesticks or pre-trib or mid.   Got other things to do.., @OneLight

Genesis 4:2-5

2 Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 

And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock.

The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

.......*****......

And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flocks. 

The scripture only support that Abel offered a burn offering of fat portions of the first born of his flocks...

What Abel did it has nothing to do with the book of Leviticus, the need for the Priesthood...

Anyhow someone can put it....

Abel lived before Abraham Isaac and Jacob and MOSES...

they did not have forgiveness of sins...the way we know it in the Law of Moses...

in Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the house of Jacob till the Law ....God did not hold their sins against them...

He only had given them the circumcision...

think of Moses who was not circumcised till very late in his adult life...and he grew up guess where?? And he was taught what and by whom....

Before the Law we did not have "the lost sheep of Israel" there was no judgement upon the Israelites....

They were circumcised as infants...they found them selves circumcised...God did not loose anyone of them...because of their actions or words...or unbelief...they were the Lord's inheritance without their will...born unto the Lord...

The way the sheep was born unto Jacob...

The Devil could not take anyone from the Lord God Almighty...the Creator of Heaven and Earth...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

I read this idea before on here, in a thread. I will try to find it. There were some scripture to help you understand better about this.

Peace and blessings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Cornelius10 said:

Someone said it was desire of the flesh after the Fall.

So God saying,

Be Fruitful and Multiply was somehow a desire of the flesh?

Adam did not know his wife until after the fall,

Why?

You tell me.