• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

As I was thinking about this that phrase from a commercial came to mind. I think it is an ad for a 'credit card'.

'What's in your wallet".

What is it that we hold before God that is to our credit? Is it some value of our own doing or worth, or is it the sacrifice of Christ and His Blood and the Righteousness that He has imputed to us?

What's in your wallet?

If salvation is a Bank, then the Blood of Jesus is an endless deposit that keeps on paying out for eternity, on our behalf.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,372
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

17 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

In John 14:15, Jesus was not on the top of the mountain shouting those words to tens or hundreds or perhaps thousands of people....but he was talking to those who had call to be with him those three years, whom God had prepared from quite some time before Jesus had come into the picture...and had been God fearing people...and were exposed to John the Baptist message about the Messiah being revealed in their time...waiting for John to point to him....

As I'm thinking of your statement, and of what He had said, that this must be for all people, because of His commandments are for righteousness.

John 14:15 Commentaries, Context

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

3 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

As I'm thinking of your statement, and of what He had said, that this must be for all people, because of His commandments are for righteousness.

John 14:15 Commentaries, Context

What Jesus did in John 14:15, it is something that he did later with Paul, Barnabas, Silas...and many others in their due time...

The time came when Jesus gave them his command to each one of them...to Peter he asked him to go to Gentile Cornelius house...something that Peter wound not do on his own...and no one else from the other disciples at that time....

We see that Jesus as their commander, as their Captain he gave Peter the command to go to Cornelius house...

And Peter obeyed and he did....Peter found him self in the right place...he abided in the vine...as in John 14:15...

Peter remained in the vine...he was useful to the commander...he obeyed his command...

He may have had other plans...and may they were good plans...

But Peter obeyed Jesus and he produced a lot of fruit "the Gentiles" and their families...

Just as in John 14:15...

Jesus was please with him...and he plan the next mission for Peter...as he did also for Paul...he asked him to go to Philippi...and Paul did....here we see that Paul had to let go of his plans to go to a Minor Asia mission...and Jesus knew all about that mission...and he still asked Paul to go to Philippi...

Jesus commanded Paul to go there...he kept it from the Church...Paul was serving at that time...John 14:15, was fulfilled and Paul produced the fruit Jesus wanted him to produced...the Macedonian man...the warden of the prison in philippi...

Jesus as their commander asked both Peter and Paul to followed him...in those missions...

It is different when we ask Jesus to come with us to our missions...

This is not John 14:15...

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • This is Worthy 1

• Topic Count:  2,247
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,372
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

What Jesus did in John 14:15, it is something that he did later with Paul, Barnabas, Silas...and many others in their due time...

The time came when Jesus gave them his command to each one of them...to Peter he asked him to go to Gentile Cornelius house...something that Peter wound not do on his own...and no one else from the other disciples at that time....

We see that Jesus as their commander, as their Captain he gave Peter the command to go to Cornelius house...

And Peter obeyed and he did....Peter found him self in the right place...he abided in the vine...as in John 14:15...

Peter remained in the vine...he was useful to the commander...he obeyed his command...

He may have had other plans...and may they were good plans...

But Peter obeyed Jesus and he produced a lot of fruit "the Gentiles" and their families...

Just as in John 14:15...

Jesus was please with him...and he plan the next mission for Peter...as he did also for Paul...he asked him to go to Philippi...and Paul did....here we see that Paul had to let go of his plans to go to a Minor Asia mission...and Jesus knew all about that mission...and he still asked Paul to go to Philippi...

Jesus commanded Paul to go there...he kept it from the Church...Paul was serving at that time...John 14:15, was fulfilled and Paul produced the fruit Jesus wanted him to produced...the Macedonian man...the warden of the prison in philippi...

Jesus as their commander asked both Peter and Paul to followed him...in those missions...

It is different when we ask Jesus to come with us to our missions...

This is not John 14:15...

Amen! It is always better to obey His voice for all issues.

Love always, Walter

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

5 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Mar_2:17  When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Luk_5:32  I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

God is looking for bad people to repent, that is exactly what He is looking for.

Mathew 15:24 

He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

******......*****

It seems strange that Jesus would say a thing like that...and to use the word "sinners".

what he said is the same as "I have not come to Save those of of the house of Israel who are in right standing with the Law of Moses...whom Jesus called "righteous"...

Here in the context of time...Jesus said those things while the Covenant of Sina, which God made with the house of Israel was still in force...as he jesus had not die and. shed the blood of the New Covenant yet...

And for that reason Jesus also excluded the Gentiles....

After his death he said "I have come to save the whole world"....this way he declare that those who were righteous in the Mosaic Covenant are not righteous any more, and they are counted among the "sinners"...

After his death Jesus said that he has come to Save the whole world...in other words he has come to save all the house of Israel....as they are not righteous people anymore in the house of Israel....they are all counted as sinners....all included all from the begining...including their Patriarch Jacob...who was not under the Law but he was righteous by another way through the bloodline of his Grand Father Abraham and the circumcision, and the blessing he had received to be the carrier of the blessings God had promised to Abraham...to Isaak and to him, and from him to all his children....

Jesus died for the whole world...this new blessing that came in the world through the death of Jesus sets aside all he other blessings...the Abrahamic blessing before the Law, the righteousness on the seed of Abraham through Jacob and the righteousness through the Law.. So the whole world can be found as sinners and in the need of the Savior Jesus Christ...who had inherited the new Heavenly promise Land....who gathers the people who believe in him...if they die in the faith to him...where he is in Heaven.  

Abraham knew and he was waiting and looking forwards to the death of Jesus Christ...as he had understood it was not the blood of his son Isaac God was looking for the blood of the knew Covenant.. But that honor was reserved for Jesus Christ the one with the Life....the New Covenant of Jesus Christ is the Covenant of Life...

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Mar_2:17  When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

God is looking for bad people to repent, that is exactly what He is looking for.

We are all bad...... “ ALL have sinned, all have fallen short of God’s Glory”........ “ There is  none that seeks  after God.... No.....not one !”

If , by “ repent”, you mean he is looking for “Bad” people ( and every unregenerate man is bad) people to become CONTRITE and “ Turn to Him” with Faith in a Christ......you are onto something....

The final Word would be this.... “What does God require of man but a broken Spirit , a broken and CONTRITE Heart” 

“ Contrite” is just another word for “ Repentant.” So If we are discussing a Repentant heart as opposed to a bad person turning over a “ new leaf”...... we are not that far apart.....

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,259
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, Debp said:
On 5/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, Flowersun said:

What do you mean lucky repentance?

Some here are teaching that you must repent of every sin each time it occurs, or else you are not forgiven.   So if you would die in between repenting of a sin, they are teaching you would be lost/damned.

I was raised in the RCC. That was just like I was taught, except the sin must be confessed to a priest.
If I died in a mortal sin (a 'really bad' sin determined by the RCC) I go straight to hell.
Venial sins (not so bad ) would only send me to purgatory, where I had to suffer awhile, before getting out.
Of course, if you had friends or relatives to pay for  Mass's to be said, enough of them would get me out sooner.
cool huh?
:(

• Well Said! 1

15 minutes ago, Sower said:

I was raised in the RCC. That was just like I was taught, except the sin must be confessed to a priest.
If I died in a mortal sin (a 'really bad' sin determined by the RCC) I go straight to hell.
Venial sins (not so bad ) would only send me to purgatory, where I had to suffer awhile, before getting out.
Of course, if you had friends or relatives to pay for  Mass's to be said, enough of them would get me out sooner.
cool huh?

The RCC is pretty messed up, but they are just the most obvious perverters of the Gospel.......Legalists and Tares are a part Of  Every Denomination......I wonder if Legalists and Tares are one and the same? Hmmmm.... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,325
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, Sower said:

cool huh?

Yes, that is terribly unScriptural.   Glad you know the truth now.

• Praise God! 1

8 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

You can not prove your theology using Scripture.

Scripture teaches us that Saul was a Bad Person, not that Saul had a Broken and contrite heart.

Paul says of himself that he is the greatest of sinners, not that his heart broke.

Your god breaks people down to the ground, mine rewards people whose heart is like unto His own, such as Enoch, Elijah and David.

David was not broken down to the ground before God choose him and raised him to be King of Israel.

In fact David was like I will kill this Philistine, and David took only 5 rocks with him.

Not a contrite and broken heart, but a Strong Man in God.

Saul and his men were of contrite and broken heart, trembling in fear at the Philistines.

“Proud” is the opposite of “Contrite”.....Remember the story Jesus told to the crowd? The “ Proud Pharisees” thought they were “ Good Enough” for Heaven—- boasting over the many “ good” things they had done, deluding themselves that they “ kept the Law.” They were nothing but “ self righteous”..... a  quality Paul assured us later in Romans 10 would guarantee an Eternity in Hell. The Man That was “ JUSTIFIED”, or made fit for Heaven, on the other hand, was CONTRITE to the point that he would not even look up to Heaven.All he could say in his humility ( Contriteness) was , “ Lord , have Mercy on me, a Sinner”.......THAT was the Man that went back to his home JUSTIFIED .......Every person in Heaven will have this Contrite Spirit......Every Person That is Proud to the extent that they see no need for a Savior will go to Hell

A Jewish English Teacher I had in college.....an unsaved man at that time...almost 50 years ago...was not a  Believer in  Jesus yet even HE had the smarts to know this .. “ Anybody who thinks that they are “ good enough” for Heaven is Damned”......