• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Behold said:

As a medicinal substance, i vote YES to CBD.

Its always best to go "natural" vs "pill" if possible ...to go Holistic vs pharmaceutical is keen, provided the "natural" is recognized for a LONG TIME as "safe".

Sometimes the side effects of a toxic pharmaceutical device are worst then the extant health issue, itself.

Go organic when possible, go to the gym for a healthier life, 4 certain..

When looking for the fountain of youth, you'll find it in eating more natural foods,  de-stressing, getting good sleep, drinking more filtered water, and going to the GYM.

Pick 2?   Water and Gym.

Well said, brother. I absolutely agree. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Gym? Dont think it's necessary. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Jesus not only drank, He used Wine to symbolize His blood.

The Op is about pot, which is Legal for those over 18 where I live. I do not smoke it and I find wake and bake people are not very intelligent, but it is a food that God has created.

Not all things are expedient.  Smoking anything corrupts the lungs.  While pot is legal in some states, it is not legal according to the laws of our nation.  Different people react much differently than others. That is why it was not legalized 60 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  11/18/2000

36 minutes ago, BlessedCreator said:

Physical fitness can be extremely important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

8 minutes ago, Willa said:

Not all things are expedient.  Smoking anything corrupts the lungs.  While pot is legal in some states, it is not legal according to the laws of our nation.  Different people react much differently than others. That is why it was not legalized 60 years ago.

POT is a plant, and like every plant, they contain Carbon. Inhaling Carbon is deadly for the lungs. More than that, it changes the neural structure of the brain. There are many models of how our brains interact with stimuli. If I take a radio that works perfectly according to its design, and then randomly disconnect or move even one "wire," the probability of the radio working as well as it did is far less than if it were left alone. My genius friend once answered a question I had after experimenting in my youth: "But look at all of the new things I have never experienced before." He replied, "Maybe we were never meant to experience them." There are other models I could identify, but I think the above serves the purpose. :)

Edited by Coliseum
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

Psychedelics and Drugs

6 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

The Op is about pot, which is Legal for those over 18 where I live.

I live in California too. No, the opster in this case is primarily the title above. That being hallucinogens. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is a huge and vast difference between having a glass or two of alcoholic beverages with a meal and drinking till one is DRUNK . . . two complete different actions. And for the record... I never said the bible says to not drink alcohol at all, and neither did beau, but to NOT GET DRUNK. It is possible to have a little bit of alcohol and not be DRUNK

There are no scriptures anywhere that teach we can't have alcohol,but what it does teach loud and clear is DO NOT GET DRUNK.  As for illicit drugs, one dose can inhibit a person's ability to make sound judgements

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

Our bodies are Temples. We live in there and God lives in there if we are born again...  Our Health is a Gift.  We are to be stewards of our bodies and of our health.

The sedentary lifestyle is the anti-health lifestyle.

A gym, using one wisely,  is the best way to keep yourself in top health.

Don't confuse "gym" with "bodybuilding", as most people who have never used a Gym, think its just a place to try to grow big muscles.

It can be that, but most people who use a gym do it for overall body maintenance and mental discipline.

5 hours ago, DustyRoad said:
7 hours ago, BlessedCreator said:

Never cared for it myself. Hauling water, digging fence posts, and performing labor to produce and harvest food is all the "workout" one needs. I'm amazed to witness people use a car to cover what has always been "walking distance" to me. Explains much.

I was never capable of that extreme, but have worked a few jobs that required some pretty heavy manual labor. And it was really hard on me. Especially my back. Man, did I suffer because it. I broke my body for the State and now they owe the disability rights I have coming. Okay, enough on that. 

Back in my mid 20's the decision was to build some musculature on my thin frame. A gym? Are you kidding me? All those "muscle boys" would have laughed me to scorn! So, I got a set of weights and began a light weight multi repetition routine. Three hours a day - three days a week. That worked. 

No, I never got massive. That would have taken anabolic steroids. Don't let anyone kid you on that. You want massive, that's what it takes. Instead my body took on more of a gymnast or swimmer's physique. Not too shabby. I did bolster with protein and a lot of vitamins. And gave up table sugar. 

At about 45 my workout days were shot. I couldn't go more than an hour a day anyway and wasn't able to push it like I was when younger. By that time my back was totally given out. Yeah, done. But it was nice while it lasted. My spine is in a state of deterioration. What a sad state of affairs. Oh well. 

Oh. I'm sorry. :b: 

This happened =:off-topic:

Back to the topic. If anyone is interested, I've got a little information. Not extensive, but one in Controversial Issues. Rather than derailing the thread here - oh, why not? It may be a surprise to some of you that LSD was not created just to have a groovy trip. No, it was an accidental situation. And here it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Im no expert but have experience with this and God convicting me. I just dont think the gym is necessary. If you get down to the proper weight and dont overeat you really dont need much exercise. If you start doing things where you need more muscle your body will let you know you need more calories and will grow the muscles needed. 

Edited by BlessedCreator