IGNORED

Where in heavenly Jerusalem do you want to live ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be happy to go wherever Jesus wants me to go, move wherever he wants me to move, and do whatever he wants me do.  It would be nice to be around clear mountain rivers loaded with trout and surrounded by 100 ft pine trees though.  And a couple golden retrievers would be great.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Cornelius10 said:

You have either made a very large mistake in your calculation or have misinterpreted Scripture.

What is describe in Revelation is approx 1500 miles cubed.

Revelation 21:16

The city is laid out as a square; its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed: twelve thousand furlongs. Its length, breadth, and height are equal.

One furlong is 0.125 miles long, or an eighth of a mile.  If you multiply 12000 by 0.125 you will get 1500 miles.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Cornelius10 said:

Yes, 1,500 miles, not 15,000 miles, as the first post states.

Personally I think is symbolic of something, but if not it is 1,500 miles not 15,000 miles.

Ah, yes.  I see the issue now that you mention it.  Good catch!

Interesting thought about it being symbolic.  I have always thought it to be literal.  Why symbolic?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I have always thought it to be literal.

That was also my understanding. I do like it when others do the math for me. Even if they don't agree. :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Sorry I did mean 1500. My mistake.  I was going by memory which is not so good anymore.in any case the important point was where and what you might be doing in the city of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 12:14 PM, Wayne222 said:

According to the measure of the Angel's the New Jerusalem is 15.ooo miles wide and 15.000 miles long. And 15000 miles high. 

The city of God is where the bride of christ is going to live with God the Father and Jesus Christ. The throne will be in the center of the city. I personally want to have my house right near the center. 

I think it matters where you will be. Your position will depend on it to. All places,will be good even though. 

Does anyone have good ideas what the rest of the city will be like. And what will be there ? Anything like earth now ? Markets maybe. Sports going on. Definitely worship and songs of praise. Will there be farms and things being produce ? 

Hi Wayne,

I`m certainly NOT looking for that city, as it was promised to the OT saints. (Heb. 11: 16) I personally am looking to what the Lord has promised the Body of Christ.`

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.` (Rev. 3: 21)

And I would never presume to place the Lord`s seat of power in all of God`s great kingdom down near the earth or even on the earth as some do. I believe the Father who placed Jesus -

`FAR ABOVE ALL principality and power and might and dominion and every name that is named not only in this age but also in that which is to come.` (Eph. 1: 21 & 22) 

` that in all things He may have the PRE-EMINENCE.` (Col. 1: 18)

Let us NOT pull the Lord down to our earthly way of thinking.

`

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with Wayne, except for the 15,000 miles, ...what I've heard is the mansion that Jesus is building for me, ...will be about 75 acres, ...knowing the desires of my heart, ...He could fill up the 75 acre cube, since He knows how much I love the forest, with mountains, streams, a small lake,  ...I wouldn't mind a log cabin either.

It's called the New Jerusalem, ...the Jerusalem of today is filled with houses, ...why would the New Jerusalem be any different?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, vic66 said:

If God is the builder and maker,You can be sure in will be great,wonderful, mind blowingly brillient .

As there is not limit to God, space want be a problem

No over crowding over there, in the new heavens and earth.

Sorry, my calculations were based on 15k x 15k x 15x, the OP numbers which are way off. 

In Rev. 21:16, the angel measures the city 12,000 stadia by 12,000 stadia at the base, and 12,000 stadia high. A stadion is usually stated as 185 meters, or 607 feet, so the base has dimensions of about 2220 km by 2220 km, or 1380 miles by 1380 miles.

Still, there will be plenty of space.

Edited by RonaldBruno
ERROR CORRECTED: Extra zero in calculations

12 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

Symbolic because the whole book of Revelation talks about things in Symbolic manner.

Do you actually thing there is a woman riding a dragon, it is symbolic.

Rev 12:3  And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

It is SYMBOLIC, there is not a real 7 headed dragon with 10 horns, OH Wearing seven Crowns.

I see the book of Revelation both literal and symbolic, depending on what you are reading.  Take the seven seals, trumpets and bowls.  It very well could be told to us in a way that we could understand, but I am sure that what comes out of them are 100% literal.  They may not be as we imagined, but they are real.

I have learned how to rightly divide the word of God, learning what is symbolic and what is literal.  This was the only way to understand what He is saying to His people.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 5/9/2020 at 2:10 AM, JustPassingThru said:

It's called the New Jerusalem, ...the Jerusalem of today is filled with houses, ...why would the New Jerusalem be any different? 

Apparently it isn't. ;)

John 14:2-3 KJV 2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Praise God! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1