• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Amen Miss.  We are speaking to our Heavenly Father.  We are His Child.  He wants us to come to him in simple child like faith, not with fancy words.  We sit and talk to Him just as if He were sitting right next to us, and of course He is.  Talk to Him like would talk to a best friend.  Come to Him in jeans and T-shirts, jammies and slippers, whatever. He meets us right where we are at and He knows our hearts.  I love the fact I don't not have to put on  a fancy show of words and be all proper.  It's God and me.  Still can't grasp that I can talk to the creator of this universe and He hears me and loves me.

Yes :)

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 5/9/2020 at 11:57 PM, Ervin P said:

My understanding of what’s the proper way to pray is:

First you must say God Yahweh ( You say  God’s name Yahweh  because there are many other false gods)

Then you pray for whatever you want to pray for. Just came to mind that Lord’s Prayer would be a good guidance for what to pray for.

Then in the end you must say in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I believe we must say in Jesus Christ’s name so that the prayer would be “heard”, obviously I don’t mean literally heard since God Yahweh knows everything about us, not just what we say, but think, feel, intend, etc.

Thanks

Bless you... I see nothing wrong with what you said. You first honer the Father. I always try to make sure that what I pray for is somehow inline with His word. Always reminding Him of what He said. There is a reason for this. DUH He knows His word. The key in this is to KNOW not wonder not guess but KNOW He always hears us. I think it would be hard if we regard sin in our hearts.

And yes.. in JESUS name. In my name "Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." John 14:13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son." to show .. IN HIS NAME!

Just know He always always hears you. And know if you doubt.. you will not receive anything from Him. Faith.. with out faith we can never please Him.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

YOU  CAN  BELIEVE  IN  MAN  OR  IN  JESUS  CHRIST  ---  BIG  DIFFERENCE

JOHN 5:34 but I receive --NOT  THE  TESTIMONY  OF  MAN -- but these things I say that you might be saved 

EPHESIANS 2:2  wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world according to the prince of the power of the air -- THE  SPIRIT  THAT  NOW  WORKETH  IN  THE  CHILDREN  OF  DISOBEDIENCE --

PSALM 66:18  if i regard iniquity in my heart  THE  LORD  will not hear me 

PROVERBS 28:9  he that turneth away his ear from hearing the law --- EVEN  HIS  PRAYER  SHALL  BE  ABOMINATION ---

JOHN 3:35  THE  FATHER  loveth  THE  SON  and hath given all things into  HIS  hands

JOHN 14:13  and whatsoever you shall ask in  MY  name that will I do that  THE  FATHER  may be glorified in  THE  SON

JOHN 14:14  -- IF -- you shall ask any thing in  MY  NAME  I will do it

1 JOHN 5:14  and this is the confidence that we have in  HIM  that if we ask anything -- ACCORDING  TO  HIS  WILL -- HE  HEARETH  US

1 JOHN 5:15  and if we know that  HE  hear us whatsoever we ask we know that we have the petitions that we desired of  HIM 

LUKE 21:34  and take heed to yourselves lest at anytime your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting and drunkenness and cares of this life and so that day come upon you unawares 

LUKE 21:35  for as a snare it shall come on all them that dwell on the face of the earth 

LUKE 21:36  watch you therefore  -- AND  PRAY  ALWAYS -- that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before  -- THE  SON  OF  MAN  --

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 5/10/2020 at 6:57 AM, Ervin P said:

My understanding of what’s the proper way to pray is:

First you must say God Yahweh ( You say  God’s name Yahweh  because there are many other false gods)

Then you pray for whatever you want to pray for. Just came to mind that Lord’s Prayer would be a good guidance for what to pray for.

Then in the end you must say in the name of Jesus Christ amen. I believe we must say in Jesus Christ’s name so that the prayer would be “heard”, obviously I don’t mean literally heard since God Yahweh knows everything about us, not just what we say, but think, feel, intend, etc.

Thanks

I dont think you need to say Gods name when you pray but i believe prayers should always be finished in Jesus Christ name.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Starting with the Lord's prayer as a guide as long as you are seeking God's will and asking for all things in Christ's name there really is nothing else to consider.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

Not getting all technical just a REALLY simple summary.  

For God,  the Father, Our Father to hear us, we must be without sin.  That is why we pray TO GOD, THROUGH the name of the Son as it is the blood of Jesus shed on the Cross that takes away our sins so that GOD can hear our prayer.  When we pray in the name of Jesus, we are acknowledging the SACRIFICE MADE FOR US AND GIVEN TO US SETTING US FREE FROM THE "laws" through which forgiveness once came.   

Was a time when the only way sin was forgiven was through a long process of taking the very best of the flock (most likely one of the one you loved best) taking it to a priest, and YOU killing it, YOU shedding its blood for YOUR sin and a PRIEST TALKING to God for you. 

CAN you imagine??  Not being free to speak to our Father anytime you needed to but having to go through a ritual???  Not having the Holy Spirit to wash over you, not feeling the Spirit in your life, not speaking with the Father all the time?  How free indeed the Lord has set us from that heavy yoke.  To have to carry sin around with us until by that ritual we could be washed clean of it.  I know I would have really followed the law much better but much of it would come from the not wanting to sacrifice the best of my flock and NOT as it should be, as it is now, to walk closer with God just because of my deep love for Him and all He stands for.   

So we "GO through Christ, our Lord and Saviour to be without sin so that God can hear our prayers.  GOD TOOK the "formula" out of it.  He wants our love.  When your heart is breaking because you have "seen" the error Gods Word points out with you yourself now "feeling", we go to the Lord in repentance with our heart full of love.  THAT is who God is looking to see and hear.  

How do you pray?  Pretend you are the parent of a loving child who has done something wrong.  How would you like that child to speak with you?  How would you like that love and communication to go?  THAT'S OUR FATHER.  

God sacrificed himself so that we could come to Him as easily as possible.  God tells us to "remind Him of his promises", a way for God to know that HIS Word and His ways are our ways.  

We pray in HIS WILL.  We are not only children but we are also His servants,  here to do a job.  We are to continue to change our inner man, our spirit, to seek to walk holy,  as we are to show Gods love to any and all who are seeking His love also.    

Gotta go  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

In the story of Two men who went into the temple to pray we see how not to pray and how to pray.

God delights to hear the humble and contright in heart.

We have no need of ritual or set formula of words, our heavenly Daddy is listening for us , an aid in praying is A.C.T.S where:-

A = adoration

C= confession

T= Thanksgiving

S= supplication.

If one makes that formula a guide then one won't glaring in one's prayers.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

The following I posted on other site as well, so here is the paste:

I just wanted to update that I pray a bit differently now. Yes I still believe and I do address God first, but now I say Our Heavenly Father, first, the I pray for whatever I pray for, then in the end I finish with, In The Name of Jesus Christ Nazarene Amen.

Thanks

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/08/1978

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, etc.”

Matthew 6:9

This prayer begins where all true prayer must commence, with the spirit of adoption, “Our Father.” There is no acceptable prayer until we can say, “I will arise, and go unto my Father.” This child-like spirit soon perceives the grandeur of the Father “in heaven,” and ascends to devout adoration, “Hallowed be thy name.” The child lisping, “Abba, Father,” grows into the cherub crying, “Holy, Holy, Holy.” There is but a step from rapturous worship to the glowing missionary spirit, which is a sure outgrowth of filial love and reverent adoration—“Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” Next follows the heartfelt expression of dependence upon God—“Give us this day our daily bread.” Being further illuminated by the Spirit, he discovers that he is not only dependent, but sinful, hence he entreats for mercy, “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors:” and being pardoned, having the righteousness of Christ imputed, and knowing his acceptance with God, he humbly supplicates for holy perseverance, “Lead us not into temptation.” The man who is really forgiven, is anxious not to offend again; the possession of justification leads to an anxious desire for sanctification. “Forgive us our debts,” that is justification; “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil,” that is sanctification in its negative and positive forms. As the result of all this, there follows a triumphant ascription of praise, “Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever, Amen.” We rejoice that our King reigns in providence and shall reign in grace, from the river even to the ends of the earth, and of his dominion there shall be no end. Thus from a sense of adoption, up to fellowship with our reigning Lord, this short model of prayer conducts the soul. Lord, teach us thus to pray.

• 10 months later...

• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

What’s the proper way to pray?

Serving Jesus in a pleasant way to Him with reverence and holy fear.