• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1987

I'm almost always shocked when I talk to my Catholic friends. They believe Mary is sinless and some actually believe she was another form of God. Mostof them actually pray to her instead of Jesus. Growing up Catholic myself I always knew there was something seriously wrong with that. Now I consider it blasphemous. Mary gave birth to Jesus. End of story. Was she mentioned in a divine way anywhere else in the New Testament besides the four gospels? God the Father is, Jesus definitely was, the Holy Spirit is but where is Mary? This should be a hint that Mary was just an ordinary woman who was chosen to carry the Messiah. There is nothing divine about her. There should be no prayer to her. The only link between God and man is Jesus no one else. Catholicism needs leaders who will go into the Bible and review these things and make them right. They shouldn't mislead people because their too afraid to admit they were mistaken which they have a history of doing. I apologize to any Catholics I might have offended but this has to be said. I worry too much about the souls of my friends who believe this nonsense.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

We need not be shocked by the world going full throttle away from God and sound doctrine. But when the church does it , it is cause for alarm. Since the reformation the RCC has been looked upon as Babylon and the Pope as an antichrist(for so his title - vicar of Christ) denotes him. As we plunge toward the very last days the nominal church will merge with the RCC and with all the religions of the world forming the last world religion that will be united under Antichrist. The Mary of the RCC is not the Mary of the bible but the mother-goddess Semiramis of Babylonian fame. This mother-goddess will be the uniting force of the one world religion. The visible church is getting in bed with the whore of babylon. And the bible said it would happen. These things were written for our understanding. The bible also tells us to come out of Babylon. If it is part of Babylon then we need to be willing to abandon it and come out.

Re 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

LT

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

She was a sinner saved by grace like the rest of us. Jesus is our mediator- we can pray to God or with other people- people living here on this earth- but how is asking dear departed Mary to pray for you any different than than consulting a new age spirit guide? :laugh: I don't get it.

46 And Mary said: My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, 47 and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior, 48 because He has looked with favor on the humble condition of His slave. Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed, 49 because the Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is His name.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Mary was the vessell, Jesus is Lord. Mary has not ever had any title given to her by God that could ever be taken as an indication for anyone to ever worship her. I find so many difficulties with the Catholiic church and Mary being the Mother just one, another one being the fact that they call their priests FATHER. Wow, that gets me cross, it really does.

JMHO

Faithie :laugh:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Yes, the Roman Church's official Marian stuff is horrendous enough, without all the 'folk religion' people have added to it. This is one area where Rome has really got their doctrine loused up!

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

they call their priests FATHER. Wow, that gets me cross, it really does.

JMHO

Faithie :laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Faithie: Paul told the Corinthians he was their 'father.' I hope you're equally cross with the Apostle Paul, and with the Holy Spirit, for including that RIGHT IN THE BIBLE!

I would be interested in how you feel about Paul's statement.

Fr. Onesimus

• Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Leonard can you quote me the verse?

Ta

Faithie

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 Cor 4:14-17

15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. 16 I exhort you therefore, be imitators of me. 17 For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord, and he will remind you of my ways which are in Christ, just as I teach everywhere in every church.

NASB

While Paul did use the term of Father to describe his relationship to some of the people in Corinth, he did not give them permission to make it his title. It also go against a direct order from Jesus Himself to use "father" as a title.

Matt 23:9

9 "And do not call anyone on earth your father ; for One is your Father , He who is in heaven.

NASB

Looks to me like either there is some Greek to English thing in Corinthians or Paul went against the wishes of the Lord again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Catholics deeply placed respect for Mary is something of which I can understand. Mary was after all, the mother of Jesus, and the woman of which followed Jesus even unto the cross. (If my understanding is correct, she like Mary Magdeline was there when Jesus died on the cross.)

At the same time, I can also relate to those of which feel uncomfortable about prayers being lifted up to Mary, or praying to Mary or the Saints. After all, Jesus did teach us how to pray.

However, although I do not mean to cause arguement or ruffle any feathers, I do not feel any member of any religion has the right to judge or label a member of another religion. For though a number will come to argue with me, I feel there is no perfect or divine religion. In other words, no man is felt to be without fault...including myself.

May God Bless You

Danielle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/02/1972

to say that praying to mary to pray for you is not bad...consider this

we ask people to pray for us all the time...and since mary was a person...who now resides in heaven...we dont pray to her like shes a god...we basically talk to her and ask her to pray for us....

i like it when people pray for me...dont you? so if i ask mary in heaven to pray for me or my friend mary on earth to pray for me what difference is it?

lets not also forget mel gibson is catholic and he made the passion of christ

....mary's role was unique.....

shes not god...she was just a good woman....a sinner yes...but a good woman