• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I have never had any of the Bootlegs.......sounds interesting 

Have you ever seen the Simpsons Parody Of The Beatles?  “ Homers Barbershop Quartet”....... Watch it if you ever get the chance.....George had some cameos as Himself.....Like most stuff from the Simpsons first ten years........brilliant. 

Three of The Beatles have all appeared on The Simpsons. Each in separate episodes over the years. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

Yes.....” Lisa the Vegetarian” had Paul and Linda featured. Great episode..... Apu at the end was particularly funny, singing  Sgt Pepper

The Ringo  episode with Ringo in his office still answering  fan mail was hilarious......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43

12 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The remaining Beatles — these guys were always very smart—- referred to Chapman as “ The Man Whose Name Must Never Be Mentioned” to deny him of any twisted fame that he may have desired......smart thinking.....

They were all of brilliant minds. With such talent and determination they literally changed the entertainment industry of the 20th century without a doubt. The music was their thing. Acting wasn't really on the main objective of their agenda.

A Hard Day's Night was fun and frolicing. Spontaneous and a lot of ad lib one liners. Great music. 

Help was great, but the plot lacked a little. So did the production. Of course the music was excellent.   

Magical Mystery Tour was Paul's plan and making. Not the best, but had its moments. I did like the music. They were all in a peculiar frame of mind at that time. One hour long and zany as all get out. They aired on Boxing Day and was met with dismal reviews. That's television for you. Ringo was very apparently the Starr. 

Yellow Submarine was great, but The Beatles voices were not in the film. I wished they had wanted to become more involved by dubbing and that would have made it even better. It probably would have taken more work than they had interest at the time. Terrific music and the guys appeared in All Together Now at the end.  

Chapman. Yoko said she forgave him in a press statement. 

Edited by BeauJangles

18 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Ringo  episode with Ringo in his office still answering  fan mail was hilarious......

Ringo has made several one-time commercial statements on television. Here's a couple I remember.  

"No more fan mail, please. I love you all very much, but you can stop now. Peace and love, it's me, Ringo."

"No more handshakes, please. It's not safe now to do that. No Howie Mandel "fist to fist" thing either. Not even that's safe anymore. Let's keep it cool if we meet and give an "elbow-to-elbow" contact instead. That's good enough in this day and age. I love you. Peace and love, it's me, Ringo."

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

Ringo has made several one-time commercial statements on television. Here's a couple I remember.  

"No more fan mail, please. I love you all very much, but you can stop now. Peace and love, it's me, Ringo."

"No more handshakes, please. It's not safe now to do that. No Howie Mandel "fist to fist" thing either. Not even that's safe anymore. Let's keep it cool if we meet and give an "elbow-to-elbow" contact instead. That's good enough in this day and age. I love you. Peace and love, it's me, Ringo."

Years ago, my older brother was in the Navy.....he knew a guy that just happened to be in a fancy men’s clothing store n London and he saw Ringo doing some shopping .....he got near him , but did not talk to him....he said later that he could not believe how Good Ringo smelled! Haha!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Years ago, my older brother was in the Navy.....he knew a guy that just happened to be in a fancy men’s clothing store n London and he saw Ringo doing some shopping .....he got near him , but did not talk to him....he said later that he could not believe how Good Ringo smelled! Haha!

Wow. That is so cool! Yeah, I'll bet Ringo had the best flavor of the day on! haha! 

What year was this? I know they all lived in or near London at one time to be near Abbey Road Studios. 

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Wow. That is so cool! Yeah, I'll bet Ringo had the best flavor of the day on! haha! 

What year was this? I know they all lived in or near London at one time to be near Abbey Road Studios. 

My brother was on sub duty for four years in early seventies , but I don’t know when his buddy smelled Ringo.....lol....

• Haha 1

@Blood Bought 1953 What was it about George's right earlobe on With The Beatles/Meet The Beatles? 

Here's another good pic that was potential for the UK release. It didn't make it. Still excellent. 

OIPVGHC7E9D.jpg.cdb0f2b08fbe3658b9f327cb218c43f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That doesn't sound right. The Beatles were already pretty big in the U.S. the year Herman and the Hermits formed.

I assumed Kev was joking when he asked who the Beatles were......my response was meant as a pure joke :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,339
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Btw, I have several original Beatle albums.    When we came to California, my dad lugged them out here with alot of my other records.   I was leaving them behind otherwise.

Now the records all sit in the corner.   I thought maybe they would be worth something one day so I just kept them.   

• Loved it! 1