• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

25 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Nevertheless, Lennon's comments in a 1980 interview in reference to Bob Dylan's conversion are pretty damning. So, as it stands, Lennon would be "he that received the seed into stony places" (Matthew 13:20).

You're cherry picking statements from his extensive Rolling Stone publication which was later released as a book. Lennon Remembers was the title. I read the interview in 1970 when Rolling Stone was still in a newspaper type of issue. Long before it became a slick and polished magazine. John was just recovering from years of amphetamines, cannabis, LSD, cocaine, and finally heroin. Yeah, he and Yoko became junkies after a tragic auto accident coming home from Scotland. They were both in tremendous pain having endured serious injuries.  

John lashed out at everyone in this lengthy interview and no one was safe from his anger. Attempts at Primal Scream therapy didn't exactly help either. That only added to the confusion. He finally mellowed out a little bit a year later and did the album, Imagine. In that was the line, "and no religion too" Well, still struggling with who God was and Jesus is. When he moved to the US, things were still a problem. The busts for marijuana haunted him here and President Nixon wanted him and Yoko out of the country. He finally got his green card. 

You are lacking in knowing your stuff here, Don. Stop quoting me, please.  

• Group:  Royal Member

10 minutes ago, Don19 said:

Okay, I found that here (WARNING, there is foul language found at the linked webpage) : https://www.beatlesbible.com/people/john-lennon/songs/serve-yourself/

Heard it and know the lines. It was an angry "answer song" to Bob Dylan's, Serve Somebody. He did a lot of these "answer songs", some to Paul McCartney after the breakup of The Beatles. Paul lashed back also as well. Too Many People, was one of McCartney's songs to John and Yoko. Look, this proves nothing. Stop now, it is becoming senseless. If trolling is your purpose, it's a violation of the ToS = Terms of Service. Please don't go there with continued wasted efforts. You won't win this one.   

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Just saw that Astrid Kircherr ( sp) died today at 81...... she’s was responsible for  the Beatles haircuts....she cut their hair in that “ mop top” manner in the early sixties when they were in Germany .....a very sweet woman by all accounts.....

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

John sang in the song “ God” ...... “ I don’t believe in Jesus”.  Many of  us loved John Lennon .Only God knows if he found Salvation......The evidence is not good.....An extremely gifted man, yet ultimately it appears he was also a Spiritually Blind man......lets hope that God opened his heart before died...  

14 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Just saw that Astrid Kircherr ( sp) died today at 81...... she’s was responsible for  the Beatles haircuts....she cut their hair in that “ mop top” manner in the early sixties when they were in Germany .....a very sweet woman by all accounts.....

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that. She was a tremendous German photographer. Yes, she did encourage the guys to go from pompadours to the "pudding basin" cut they adopted. They came back from Hamburg with this new style and away from the tough Teddy Boy look. 

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

John sang in the song “ God” ...... “ I don’t believe in Jesus”.  Many of  us loved John Lennon .Only God knows if he found Salvation......The evidence is not good.....An extremely gifted man, yet ultimately it appears he was also a Spiritually Blind man......lets hope that God opened his heart before died...  

Yeah, I was really disappointed in John when he came out with the first solo, Plastic Ono Band LP. That's probably why I veered more towards George Harrison's music. He became my favorite then, but I always loved George's Beatle songs. Think For Yourself and If I Needed Someone were great songs and others. Should we list our favorite choices on Harrison's tunes? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Yeah, I was really disappointed in John when he came out with the first solo, Plastic Ono Band LP. That's probably why I veered more towards George Harrison's music. He became my favorite then, but I always loved George's Beatle songs. Think For Yourself and If I Needed Someone were great songs and others. Should we list our favorite choices on Harrison's tunes? 

"Something" and "Isn't it a Pity"

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I always thought George was under appreciated.

John and Paul, unfortunately, eclipsed a great talent.

• Well Said! 2

12 minutes ago, Behold said:

"Something" and "Isn't it a Pity"

Oh, indeed yes. 

Taxman and All Things Must Pass (the title track)

13 minutes ago, Alive said:

I always thought George was under appreciated.

John and Paul, unfortunately, eclipsed a great talent.

Very much agreed. They never did give George his rightful chance as a Beatle. He probably wanted to call it quits long before John and Paul did. Paul wanted to hang in there the longest. Big bucks for the boys. 

Edited by BeauJangles