IGNORED

My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said those words. I repeat them.

My pain is unbearable and I cry out to my Lord but hear no answer.

He said that anyone who prays in his name shall have their prayer answered.  But He does not answer my prayer, nor that of many billions of others.

I pray to be led to someone I can assist with what I know and have learned, for example to a traffic accident where I can render medical assistance.

Nothing.  I can't even help others in a material way.  So I pick up trash, and report electrical hazards and tell other motorists when they have a burned out brake light.  I know there are worse hells by far than mine, but mine is bad enough - almost intolerable.

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

According to Expert Aramaic Translators

"The four first Gospels were written in Aramaic, not Greek. Jesus and His disciples spoke Aramaic and Hebrew, not Greek. Here are the true Words Christ spoke on the cross: Jesus really cried out, "My God, My God for this I was kept" (Matt. 27:46, Orig. Text)."

It is an eastern way of committing oneself to God's care. It is often used on deathbeds in the east. A kind of 'goodbye'.

"All versions of the Gospels have retained these words in the original tongue. They have, however, given them a different meaning. Matthew, according to the Eastern version, does not translate them. This is because he wrote to the people who had seen Jesus and had heard Him preaching. It also seems probable that the later writers did not agree on the exact meaning of these words when they translated them into Greek. Aramaic is a very obscure language, and they didn't know it as well as they should have before they laid their translation into the scriptures. This term, even at present, is only used by the Aramaic-speaking people in Assyria, who speak the same language the Galileans spoke at the time of our Lord. This phrase in Aramaic means, "My God, My God, for this I was kept [this was My destiny-I was born for this]."

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Gospel_literature/Jesus_Never_Said.html

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I hear you brother!

I live on an island of 133,00 people, ..over half of them are "religious," but lost, ...we have all of the cults here spewing their poison, ...and the other half are going back to the "old" traditions of blatant devil worship at their "maraes."

I've been praying for Revival for 29 years, ...I mean, ...there's Holy Spirit revival all over the world, ...Father, ...why not here?.

Dear brother, ...Father hasn't "forsaken" you, ...you are a voice crying out in the wilderness, ...a Light set on a lamp stand, ...Father "is" using you here at Worthy to speak "His" Truth and "the" truth.

Don't let the naysayers discourage you, ...because the Truth "is" being taught here at Worthy, ...the enemy is sending his minions to spread confusion, ...I've been here for about 1 1/2 years, ...the "heresy" is growing/becoming much worse.

Remember, ...Jesus stared His public ministry with a Bible Study, and He ended His public ministry on the Cross with a Bible Study, ...Jewish custom at that time was for a Teacher to announce the first verse of where in the Old Testament and what he was going to teach on, Jesus announced the first verse of Psalms 22, ...His crucifixion Psalm, ...there were only 3 people that understood why He had come, Simeon and Anna when He was presented at the Temple and Mary when she anointed His body for death, ...so brother we are in good company, ...very few believed Jesus and now, today there are very few who "hear" the Holy Spirit speaking through "His" Church, ...remember the Church is looking for that 153rd fish that will signal the net is full, ...the "catch" is complete and then the Church will be taken home.

Here's the third verse of Psalms 22, ...I hope that it will comfort, encourage and strengthen you:

But Thou art Holy, O Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Father knows your despair and pain, ...He is listening to your cry, ...He is with you at this very moment, ...He had to be separated from His Son for our Salvation, ...but now that we are "His" children He promised He would never leave us or forsake us...

Lord bless and keep you brother in His Love

Edited by JustPassingThru

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, ChemEngineer said:

I have no idea how well you understand scripture as we have not discussed anything yet, so allow me to ask; Do you realize that this is the only time in the bible Jesus is separated from the Father?  Why?  Because Jesus had taken all the sins of the world and placed them on Himself to be the final sacrifice for sin.  For the first time in Jesus life, He became sin and lost the connection with the Father due to the sin He took upon Himself for our sake.

He said that anyone who prays in his name shall have their prayer answered.  But He does not answer my prayer, nor that of many billions of others.

I hope you are only goading others with these statements and don't really believe them.  Prayer, asked amiss, is not answered.  Pray not asked amiss usually has three outcomes: yes, no and not yet, to be as simple as possible..

I pray to be led to someone I can assist with what I know and have learned, for example to a traffic accident where I can render medical assistance.

Nothing.  I can't even help others in a material way.  So I pick up trash, and report electrical hazards and tell other motorists when they have a burned out brake light.  I know there are worse hells by far than mine, but mine is bad enough - almost intolerable.

When seeking to do His works, you need to follow His directions, not the other way around.  You mention the worldly skills you have to help others.  What do you have pertaining to God that you can share with others?  Do you tell them about God and His plan for mankind?  Do you explain to them what sin truly is and how it separates us from God and that Jesus is the only way to the Father?  What gift from God do you have to share with others?

Answered above in first response.

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?

2 hours ago, ChemEngineer said:

You have me blocked. I know that. But here's something perhaps a few may be able to convey to you. Having the education, degrees, and training of your lofty user, good heavens, brother! You've got one bad attitude towards the Lord God Almighty! Why do you pray like this? It's ridiculous to assume such a demeanor of prayer. You think God is going to forsake you? C'mon! 

Hey man, you think YOU'RE in pain? You probably don't have a degenerative spine, deteriorating hips, knees, joints and bones. Stricken down with crippling osteoarthritis and further issues with tendonitis. Or do you? I do and I know what pain is ALL about. Many of us have chronic and debiliating pain. Think you're the only one? 

He said that anyone who prays in his name shall have their prayer answered.  But He does not answer my prayer,

With a bad attitude like that, I wonder why. Wait. No, I don't. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, ChemEngineer said:

You say;     "He said that anyone who prays in his name shall have their prayer answered"
Only if you are His child, and the prayer must be according to his will...

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us" 1 John 5:14

We have to ask according to His will, ChemEngineer, before He will hear us, not asking amiss, or for own pleasure.

And if we know that he hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him1 John 5:15

We do not always know His will, so I would ask Him to show what He wants you to pray for, that HE wants, and not you.
His ways are not our ways, and how He accomplishes His will through you is for Him to decide.

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.  Romans 8:25

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Romans 8:26

Pray for God's will  be done, and wait patiently.  He knows all about your burdens.
His ways are not our ways.....nor His timing.
Believe you have received it, by faith....(then get out your umbrella....:))
(
‘I believe; help my unbelief’)

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, ChemEngineer said:

But He does not answer my prayer, nor that of many billions of others.

Indeed, He answer our prayers. The problem is that we only consider as answer a "yes". However, "no" or "wait" is an answer too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, ChemEngineer said:

Jesus wasn't forsake you; it is us who forsake Him.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,427
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 5/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, Justin Adams said:

"The four first Gospels were written in Aramaic, not Greek. Jesus and His disciples spoke Aramaic and Hebrew, not Greek. Here are the true Words Christ spoke on the cross: Jesus really cried out, "My God, My God for this I was kept" (Matt. 27:46, Orig. Text)."

seeing not a scrap of the originals exist... How do you know this?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, ChemEngineer said:

Answered prayer can be yes / no / wait.