• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Why does Satan hate holiness?

Firstly can I establish whether we should discuss the hatred Satan has for all things holy, because I have known people to become uncomfortable discussing this topic.

What do you think...discuss why Satan hates holiness or leave it alone?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

27 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Firstly can I establish whether we should discuss the hatred Satan has for all things holy, because I have known people to become uncomfortable discussing this topic.

I don't see why it is a problem to discuss why Satan hates holiness. First of all pride got Satan thrown out of heaven. Satan wants to be better than God. Satan wants to rule the world and everything in it. Satan is evil. Satan is everything opposite that God is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't see why it is a problem to discuss why Satan hates holiness. First of all pride got Satan thrown out of heaven. Satan wants to be better than God. Satan wants to rule the world and everything in it. Satan is evil. Satan is everything opposite that God is. 

Thanks for your quick reply, missmuffet. Yes, we should be aware of Satan's agenda, as Scripture indicates.

2Co 2:11  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

I think Satan hates holiness because he couldn't restrain his pride in favour of it and now delights to cause the same problem in others. I watch leaders on the world stage increase in power, popularity, and wealth in something I call "apexing", which means once they get a taste of these they want more, and obedience to God goes out the door.

Quote from Satanology at Bible.org

Satan will seek to reduplicate his sin in us by seeking to get us to attempt to live life independently of God as though we were gods ourselves.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  0

proud and wicked

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Traveler said:

When you draw near to God then obviously God will be nearer to you.

Yes, and I think Satan tries to drive a wedge between God and those who draw near to Him by making false accusations about them, and stirring up controversy for those who are zealous for God. The whole of Psalm 69 speaks to the persecution of the godly, the suffering it causes, and the praising of God that overcomes it. In 1 Peter 2 it is the good works of God's holy people who praise Him and take care about how they live, that wins the day.  

Psa 69:7-9  Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame has covered my face. (8)  I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my mother's children. (9)  For the zeal of your house has eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached you are fallen upon me.

1Pe 2:9-12  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: (10)  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. (11)  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (12)  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

On 5/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, Michael37 said:

Great thread.

people become uncomfortable with the subject.

Imo this is a telling sign of where their loyalty lies.

i have come across it an awful lot among ‘believers’, if you could call them that

“he who sins is of the devil” :/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

Because he who sins is of the devil. He who falls short or misses the mark is of the devil. If we're in Christ, we do not sin. We sin after the flesh, but we do not fall short because the blood of Christ washes away all our sins. That's why Satan hates the people of God, because he doesn't have this and is consigned to eternal condemnation. It's because he is reprobated, or rejected by God. That's why John said in his first epistle that Cain hated Abel, because his own works were evil and his brother's righteous. God accepted Abel but rejected Cain. And Jesus said, that He has chosen us out of the world - therefore, the world hates us. So you see here (John 15:19)Jesus identified His choice of us as the reason the world hates us. The people of God are called, chosen, justified, loved, secured - and the children of the devil, like their father, are not. Therefore, they hate holiness, just like their father the devil.

• Thumbs Up 1

anynmsfmly said:

Nobody makes it out of this life alive, Including Jesus !

@anynmsfmly Technically Jesus overcame death in this life and was in every respect alive when He ascended to heaven. Enoch and Elijah likewise did not die before being translated to heaven.

Gen 5:24  And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

2Ki 2:11  And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Otherwise some good thoughts anynmsfmly.

7 hours ago, Don19 said:

Jesus identified His choice of us as the reason the world hates us. The people of God are called, chosen, justified, loved, secured - and the children of the devil, like their father, are not. Therefore, they hate holiness, just like their father the devil.

Hi Don19, You have worded this very well. God has all eternity at His disposal to pick and choose the elements of His Creation to accept and reject. I have a strong sense of Satan's antagonism towards everything that accords with God's Will, that antagonism intersecting in Christ crucified. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/12/2020 at 5:54 PM, Michael37 said:

It seems to me Satan's goal is to force us to kneel down to him. Our holiness allows us to not kneel down to him.

• This is Worthy 1