IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

142. αἴρω airo, ah´-ee-ro; a primary root; to lift up; by implication, to take up or away; figuratively, to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind), specially, to sail away (i.e. weigh anchor); by Hebraism (compare 5375) to expiate sin: — away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).

97 verses in the NT where this word occurs.

Matt. 4:6  and *said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written,

aHE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU’;

and

‘ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP,

SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.’”

Matt. 9:6 “But so that you may know that athe Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins” — then He *said to the bparalytic, “Get up, pick up your bed and go home.”

Matt. 9:16 “But no one puts 1a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for 2the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results.

Matt. 11:29 Take My yoke upon you and alearn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and bYOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

Matt. 13:12 aFor whoever has, to him more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.

Matt. 14:12 His disciples came and took away the body and buried 1it; and they went and reported to Jesus.

Matt. 14:20 and they all ate and were satisfied. They picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, twelve full abaskets.

Matt. 15:37 And they all ate and were satisfied, and they picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, seven large abaskets full.

Matt. 16:24   Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and atake up his cross and follow Me.

Matt. 17:27 “However, so that we do not 1aoffend them, go to the sea and throw in a hook, and take the first fish that comes up; and when you open its mouth, you will find 2a shekel. Take that and give it to them for you and Me.”

Matt. 20:14 Take what is yours and go, but I wish to give to this last man the same as to you.

Matt. 21:21 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, aif you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.

Matt. 21:43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a 1people, producing the fruit of it.

Matt. 24:17 1Whoever is on athe housetop must not go down to get the things out that are in his house. 18 1Whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak.

Matt. 24:39 and they did not 1understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the acoming of the Son of Man be.

Matt. 25:28 ‘Therefore take away the talent from him, and give it to the one who has the ten talents.’

Matt. 25:29   aFor to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.

Matt. 27:32   aAs they were coming out, they found a man of bCyrene named Simon, 1whom they pressed into service to bear His cross.

Mark 2:3 aAnd they *came, bringing to Him a bparalytic, carried by four men.

Mark 2:9 “Which is easier, to say to the aparalytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven’; or to say, ‘Get up, and pick up your pallet and walk’?

Mark 2:11 “I say to you, get up, pick up your pallet and go home.” 12 And he got up and immediately picked up the pallet and went out in the sight of everyone, so that they were all amazed and awere glorifying God, saying, “bWe have never seen anything like this.”

Mark 2:21   “No one sews 1a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; otherwise 2the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear results.

Mark 4:15 “These are the ones who are beside the road where the word is sown; and when they hear, immediately aSatan comes and takes away the word which has been sown in them.

Mark 4:25 aFor whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he has shall be taken away from him.”

Mark 6:8 aand He instructed them that they should take nothing for their journey, except a mere staff — no bread, no 1bag, no money in their belt —

Mark 6:29 When his disciples heard about this, they came and took away his body and laid it in a tomb.

Mark 6:43 and they picked up twelve full abaskets of the broken pieces, and also of the fish.

Mark 8:8 And they ate and were satisfied; and they picked up seven large abaskets full of what was left over of the broken pieces.

Mark 8:19 when I broke athe five loaves for the five thousand, how many bbaskets full of broken pieces you picked up?” They *said to Him, “Twelve.” 20 “When I broke athe seven for the four thousand, how many large bbaskets full of broken pieces did you pick up?” And they *said to Him, “Seven.”

Mark 8:34   And He summoned the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and atake up his cross and follow Me.

Mark 11:23 aTruly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.

Mark 13:15 aThe one who is on the housetop must not go down, or go in to get anything out of his house; 16 and the one who is in the field must not turn back to get his coat.

Mark 15:21   aThey *pressed into service a passer-by coming from the country, Simon of Cyrene (the father of Alexander and bRufus), to bear His cross.

Mark 15:24 And they *crucified Him, and *adivided up His garments among themselves, casting 1lots for them to decide 2what each man should take.

Mark 16:18 they will apick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will blay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Luke 4:11  and,

aON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP,

SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.’”

Luke 5:24 “But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,” — He said to the aparalytic — “I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home.” 25 Immediately he got up before them, and picked up what he had been lying on, and went home aglorifying God.

Luke 6:29 aWhoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your 1coat, do not withhold your 2shirt from him either. 30 “Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.

Luke 8:12 “Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.

Luke 8:18 “So take care how you listen; afor whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he 1thinks he has shall be taken away from him.”

Luke 9:3 And He said to them, aTake nothing for your journey, bneither a staff, nor a 1bag, nor bread, nor money; and do not even have 2two tunics apiece.

Luke 9:17 And they all ate and were satisfied; and 1the broken pieces which they had left over were picked up, twelve abaskets full.

Luke 9:23   And He was saying to them all, aIf anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.

Luke 11:22 “But when someone stronger than he attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied and distributes his plunder.

Luke 11:52 “Woe to you 1alawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; byou yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.”

Luke 17:13 and they raised their voices, saying, “Jesus, aMaster, have mercy on us!”

Luke 17:31 “On that day, the one who is aon the housetop and whose goods are in the house must not go down to take them out; and likewise the one who is in the field must not turn back.

Luke 19:21 for I was afraid of you, because you are an exacting man; you take up what you did not lay down and reap what you did not sow.’ 22 “He *said to him, ‘1By your own words I will judge you, you worthless slave. Did you know that I am an exacting man, taking up what I did not lay down and reaping what I did not sow?

Luke 19:24 “Then he said to the bystanders, ‘Take the mina away from him and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’

Luke 19:26 aI tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away.

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, “But now, 1whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and 1whoever has no sword is to sell his 2coat and buy one.

Luke 23:18   But they cried out all together, saying, “aAway with this man, and release for us Barabbas!”

John 1:29   The next day he *saw Jesus coming to him and *said, “Behold, athe Lamb of God who btakes away the sin of the world!

John 2:16 and to those who were selling athe doves He said, Take these things away; stop making bMy Father’s house a 1place of business.”

John 5:8 Jesus *said to him, aGet up, pick up your pallet and walk.” 9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.

aNow it was the Sabbath on that day. 10 So athe Jews were saying to the man who was cured, “It is the Sabbath, and bit is not permissible for you to carry your pallet.” 11 But he answered them, “He who made me well was the one who said to me, Pick up your pallet and walk.’12 They asked him, “Who is the man who said to you, Pick up your pallet and walk’?”

John 8:59 Therefore they apicked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus 1bhid Himself and went out of the temple.

John 10:18 aNo one has taken it away from Me, but I blay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. cThis commandment I received from My Father.”

John 10:24 aThe Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long 1will You keep us in suspense? If You are 2the Christ, tell us bplainly.”

John 11:39 Jesus *said, Remove the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, *said to Him, “Lord, by this time 1there will be a stench, for he has been dead afour days.”

John 11:41 So they removed the astone. Then Jesus braised His eyes, and said, cFather, I thank You that You have heard Me.

John 11:48 “If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our aplace and our nation.”

John 15:2 “Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He 1prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.

John 16:22 “Therefore ayou too have grief now; but bI will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you.

John 17:15 “I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them 1from 2athe evil one.

John 19:15 So they cried out, “aAway with Him, away with Him, crucify Him!” Pilate *said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”

John 19:31   Then the Jews, because it was athe day of preparation, so that bthe bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (1for that Sabbath was a chigh day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

John 19:38   aAfter these things Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but a bsecret one for cfear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate granted permission. So he came and took away His body.

John 20:1   aNow on the first day of the week bMary Magdalene *came early to the tomb, while it *was still dark, and *saw cthe stone already taken away from the tomb. 2 So she *ran and *came to Simon Peter and to the other adisciple whom Jesus loved, and *said to them, “bThey have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

John 20:13 And they *said to her, “aWoman, why are you weeping?” She *said to them, “Because bthey have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”

John 20:15 Jesus *said to her, aWoman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing Him to be the gardener, she *said to Him, “Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away.”

Acts 4:24 And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, “O 1Lord, it is You who aMADE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM,

Acts 8:33  aIN HUMILIATION HIS JUDGMENT WAS TAKEN AWAY;

WHO WILL 1RELATE HIS 2GENERATION?

FOR HIS LIFE IS REMOVED FROM THE EARTH.”

Acts 20:9 And there was a young man named 1Eutychus sitting 2on the window sill, sinking into a deep sleep; and as Paul kept on talking, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third floor and was picked up dead.

Acts 21:11 And coming to us, he atook Paul’s belt and bound his own feet and hands, and said, “This bis what the Holy Spirit says: ‘In this way the Jews at Jerusalem will cbind the man who owns this belt and ddeliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’”

Acts 21:36 for the multitude of the people kept following them, shouting, “aAway with him!”

Acts 22:22   They listened to him up to this statement, and then they raised their voices and said, “aAway with such a fellow from the earth, for bhe should not be allowed to live!”

Acts 27:13   1When a moderate south wind came up, supposing that they had attained their purpose, they weighed anchor and began asailing along bCrete, close inshore.

Acts 27:17 After they had hoisted it up, they used 1supporting cables in undergirding the ship; and fearing that they might arun aground on the shallows of Syrtis, they let down the 2sea anchor and in this way let themselves be driven along.

1Cor. 5:2 1You ahave become 2arrogant and 1have not bmourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be cremoved from your midst.

1Cor. 6:15 aDo you not know that byour bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? cMay it never be!

Eph. 4:31 aLet all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be bput away from you, along with all cmalice.

Col. 2:14 having canceled out athe certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and bHe has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

1John 3:5 You know that He aappeared in order to btake away sins; and cin Him there is no sin.

Rev. 10:5 Then the angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land alifted up his right hand to heaven,

Rev. 18:21   Then 1a astrong angel btook up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, “So will Babylon, cthe great city, be thrown down with violence, and dwill not be found any longer.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

• Branch being prunes - live branches bearing fruit, pruned to bear more fruit.
  • Branch not bearing any fruit - dead branch that no longer abides in Christ.

Its not our fault that you've never been taught the SPIRITUAL Distinction between the BODY OF CHRIST, and the Jews and the Gentiles.

Had someone taught you this at some point in your life., you'd stop trying to Jam the Born again into SYMBOLIC verses that speak of JEWS AND GENTILES.

Oh thats right.....I did teach you this, and you managed to not respond to the Post.

Typical.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Behold said:

He sees it.   You don't.

And. @OneLight... thanks again,  for always trying to turn every Thread you are on, into your hatefilled rant against "OSAS",, while you preach and preach that God's Children can go to the Lake of Fire with Jesus and the Holy Spirit in them.

I guess you have nothing better to do on a Christian Forum.

@Behold

The very same thing could be said that others see it and you don't.  Does that prove who is correct?  No, just that one person does not agree with another persons theology.

As for my "hatefilled rant against "OSAS"", as you put it, my words are not hateful by any means.  They simply point to an error I see.  Want to see hate fill ranting, reread your threads to others who appose OSAS or even talk about works after salvation, if they have not been deleted from the threads due to personal attacks.  Now, there are some hateful words.

• Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

@Behold

The very same thing could be said that others see it and you don't.  Does that prove who is correct?  No, just that one person does not agree with another persons theology.

As for my "hatefilled rant against "OSAS"", as you put it, my words are not hateful by any means.  They simply point to an error I see.  Want to see hate fill ranting, reread your threads to others who appose OSAS or even talk about works after salvation, if they have not been deleted from the threads due to personal attacks.  Now, there are some hateful words.

@OneLightGood afternoon.

Did you read through or at least a cursory examination of the verses I posted containing 'airo'. Does that cause you to reconsider your 'dead branch' proposition?

142. αἴρω airo, ah´-ee-ro; a primary root; to lift up; by implication, to take up or away; figuratively, to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind), specially, to sail away (i.e. weigh anchor); by Hebraism (compare 5375) to expiate sin: — away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

12 minutes ago, Behold said:

Its not our fault that you've never been taught the SPIRITUAL Distinction between the BODY OF CHRIST, and the Jews and the Gentiles.

Had someone taught you this at some point in your life., you'd stop trying to Jam the Born again into SYMBOLIC verses that speak of JEWS AND GENTILES.

Oh thats right.....I did teach you this, and you managed to not respond to the Post.

Typical.

Oh, now you are an expert about what I have been or have not been taught?  Amazing, as I would if remember you if we had met.

The Holy Spirit brings truth from scripture to those who are seeking His truth.  Man who have sold themselves to denominational doctrine are the ones who lead astray with their man based theology.  All of scripture lines up perfectly.  Man is the one who decides they don't like something, so they do their darnedest to find a way around what they don't like.

Interesting you even speak against symbolic verses and parables.  Didn't you just post a thread about two identical twins to prove a point about salvation?

There's that teacher/student mode again.  I take what people say and put them beside scripture to see if what I was told was true or not.  Don't point a finger at me if I find what you saying not lining up with scripture.

6 minutes ago, Alive said:

@OneLightGood afternoon.

Did you read through or at least a cursory examination of the verses I posted containing 'airo'. Does that cause you to reconsider your 'dead branch' proposition?

Since you did not quite me or use the @ sign to get my attention, I did not know you even posted .  I'll look at it during my breaks as I am in the middle of building an interior room in my attic.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Since "airo" G142 has many different meanings, and to save space by nor replying to each of the 97 times you found it in scripture, I removed these verses as they not all mean the same.  Instead, I will copy what it means from The Complete Word Study Dictionary New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates Th.D.  ISBN 0-89957-663-X

1. To Take Up
    1. To take up, to lift up, to raise.
      1. Particularly, as stones from the ground (John 8:59); serpents (Mark 16:18); anchors (Acts 27:13); the hand (Revelation 10:5) see also Sept.: Deut. 32:40; Is. 49:22.  Pass. artheti (Matthew 21:21)
      2. Figuratively, to raise, elevate, the eyes (John 11:41; also see Se[t.: Psalms 121:1; 123:1); the voice, meaning to cry out, to sing (Luke 17:13; Acts 4:24; see also Sept.: Judg 21:2; 1 Sam 11:4).  To hold the mind (psuche [5590]) or soul of someone suspended. i.e., in suspence or doubt (John 10:24).
    2. To take up and to place on oneself, to take up and bear, meaning to bear, carry (Matthew 4:6, :they shall bear you up" [a.y.] in the hands.  See also Sept.: Ps 91:12), my yoke (Matthew 11:29; see also Sept.: Lam. 3:27); the cross (Matthew 16:24; 27:32; Mark15:21); to take or carry with one (Mark 6:8; Luke 9:3; see also SEPT.: Gen. 44:1; 2 Kings 7:8).
    3. To take up or carry away, meaning to take away, to remove by carrying, spoken of a bed (Matthew 9:6; John 5:8); a dead body, a person, and so forth (Matthew 14:12; 22:13; Acts 20:9); bread with the idea of laying up, making use of (Mathew 14:20; 15:37; Mark 8:8, 19, 20).  Generally (Matthew 17:27; Acts 21:11).  Pass. artheti, "be thou removed" (Matthew 21:21).  In a metaphorical sense, to take away sin, meaning the imputation or punishment of sin (John 1:29; 1 John 3:5; 1 Sam 15:25); to bear the punishment of sin (Lev. 5:17; Num 5:31; 14:33); to take away by taking upon oneself (Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24).
    4. To take away, to remove, with the idea of lifting away, usually with the idea of violence and authority.
      1. Particularly (Luke 6:29, 30; 11:22).  The new piece tears away still more of the old garment (Matthew 9:16; Mark 2:21).  Of branches, meaning to cut off, prune (John 15:2); spoken of persons, meaning to take away or remove from a church, excommunicate (1 Cor. 5:2, in some MSS exarthe [1808]). To take away or remove out of the world by death, and so forth (Matthew 24:39).  In His humiliation and oppression was His sentence; He was torn away, meaning hurried away to death (Acts 8:33; Is. 53:8; 57:1, 2).  In the imper. aire or aron, away with, meaning to put out of the way, kill (Luke 23:18; John 19:15; Acts 21:36; 22:22).
      2. Figuratively (John 11:48, "and take away [destroy] our city and nation" [a.t.]' 1 Cor 6:15, taking away wrongfully the members which belong to Christ).  With the meaning of to deprive of the Kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 21:43); the word of GOd (Mark 4:15; Luke 8:12, 18); gifts (Mark 4:25); joy (John 16:22; asee also Sept.: Is. 16:10).  Spoken of vices, to put away (Eph. 4:31); of a law, to abrogate (Col. 2.14).

If you look as section 4.1 above, it covers "he taketh away".  which basically means "to both cut off" and  "prune".  Yet, both are different actions. When one prunes a branch, he does it for new growth.  If someone cuts off a branch, it is done to remove the branch.

Below is John 15:1-8 so we can refer to which words we are discussing and the Strong's number associated with it.

Shall we look at John 15:6 now where Jesus is talking about if a man abideth not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered, and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and are burned?

"he is cast" is ballo G906, which states for this verse, since it is followed by ek G1854, "away, forth, out, out of, to cast out or throw away, reject (Matthew 5:13; 13:48; Luke 14:35; John 15:6).

Jhn 15:1

G1473 am G1510 the true G228 vine, G288 and G2532 my G3450 Father G3962 is G2076 the husbandman. G1092

Jhn 15:2

Every G3956 branch G2814 in G1722 me G1698 that G846 beareth G5342 not G3361 fruit G2590 he taketh away: G142 and G2532 every G3956 branch that beareth G5342 fruit, G2590 he purgeth G2508 it, G846 that G2443 it may bring forth G5342 more G4119 fruit. G2590

Jhn 15:3

Now G2235 ye G5210 are G2075 clean G2513 through G1223 the word G3056 which G3739 I have spoken G2980 unto you. G5213

Jhn 15:4

Abide G3306 in G1722 me, G1698 and I G2504 in G1722 you. G5213 As G2531 the branch G2814 cannot G3756 G1410 bear G5342 fruit G2590 of G575 itself, G1438 except G3362 it abide G3306 in G1722 the vine; G288 no more G3761 G3779 can ye, G5210 except G3362 ye abide G3306 in G1722 me. G1698

Jhn 15:5

G1473 am G1510 the vine, G288 ye G5210 are the branches: G2814 He that abideth G3306 in G1722 me, G1698 and I G2504 in G1722 him, G846 the same G3778 bringeth forth G5342 much G4183 fruit: G2590 for G3754 without G5565 me G1700 ye can G1410 do G4160 nothing. G3756 G3762

Jhn 15:6

If G3362  a man G5100 abide G3306 not G3362 in G1722 me, G1698 he is cast G906 forth G1854 as G5613 a branch, G2814 and G2532 is withered; G3583 and G2532 men gather G4863 them, G846 and G2532 cast G906 them into G1519 the fire, G4442 and G2532 they are burned. G2545

Jhn 15:7

If G1437 ye abide G3306 in G1722 me, G1698 and G2532 my G3450 words G4487 abide G3306 in G1722 you, G5213 ye shall ask G154 what G3739 G1437 ye will, G2309 and G2532 it shall be done G1096 unto you. G5213

Jhn 15:8

Herein G1722 G5129 is G1392  my G3450 Father G3962 glorified, G1392 that G2443 ye bear G5342 much G4183 fruit; G2590 so G2532 shall ye be G1096 my G1699 disciples. G3101

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

@OneLight

Friend, are you ignoring me, ...or you can't answer?

I'm still waiting for your verses that "prove" the branches are dead and the death of Jesus on the Cross is not sufficient to pay for my sins.

Please just verses and no diatribe, ...just verses, ...book, chapter and verse(s), ...that's all.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Alive said:

Luke 8:12 “Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.

default_thumbsup.gif.2e8de30f6f11ae746ee4d4594f61388d.gif
I came in a little late, Alive, and just read the last four or so pages, and found you had taken the air out of my balloon.
John 15 is one of my most favorite chapters in the bible, and have studied it more than most any chapter.
My understanding:
John 15 is about fruit bearing, and not salvation. I first read it in the KJV and the verse uses the word  purge, and not prune.
I couldn't understand why God would purge me if I was bearing fruit. By accident I had a small paperback NT living bible for witnessing,
and I saw the word purge was written prune. KER BOOM!!! I got it immediately.
God the Father is the Husbandman, the pruner of the branches (believers) that are grafted into the true vine, His son.
Where I live in the country, we have wild mustang vines with branches going sometimes thirty feet up in the trees.
But they have very little fruit if any, and they are some kinda sour. No good for eating. (they're not grafted like most good fruit trees)
I realized that the commercial orchards I saw had short heavy vine trunks, and branches on each side only 6-8 feet or so. And huge grape clusters.
I realized the vine dresser is the important one, as he cuts off all the unnecessary branch growth that gets too big/long etc. (Or doesn't bear fruit)
Just like me, a grafted on branch. The Father cuts off anything that sucks all the nutrients from the (true) vine, like things that in my life
that doesn't produce any fruit, the job or friends, hobbies or entertainment etc. So there is less me (branch) and more fruit.
The fruit is for others. And I just hang out, (abide) empty, as the nutrients flow and and I just bear fruit. Jesus produces it, not me.
So the life from Jesus is shown by my bearing as I abide. Not I, but Christ. 
"As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine"
Another thing. When things seem to be going wrong, loss of a job or friend, truck breaking down etc, isn't always a result of sin.
It could simply be a blessing, from our Father, who loves His branches, pruning me again.
That job I lost may have steered my bad, or that friend. God had a better friend and job.
His ways vs our ways. (His is better, seeing the end from the beginning)
As far as the branch that bears no fruit being cut off, what that really means is..........
it is cut off. It is taking up nutrients  that could have born fruit,
and so worthless (for God's use), not even good for cooking it is burned.
As verse two says, the now worthless (to bear fruit) branch (in the vine, Christ) is burned.
Not lifted up and a rock placed under to help it as some commentators say, and so many other explanations of this subject.
You stole the scripture( I quoted above^^) I use for explaining this, 'taken away" in your long list. TAKEN +  AWAY
Concerning salvation, I believe where vs 2 says
"Every branch in me" means just that, in Christ, believers.
So, what happens to those believers that did not produce fruit and were cut off and  burned?

"If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire1 Corinthians 3:15

These are my beliefs, till the spirit tells me otherwise. Adios.....

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, OneLight said:

It doesn't matter to me if I stand alone or with an army, the truth has to be told

I agree, and may I be the first in line  to thank Behold, Alive, Kev, Deb  , Coliseum , Passing Thru and all the others here who devote so much time to getting the Truth Of The Gospel Of Grace out there.....I am far to humble to mention my own name......lol....

• Loved it! 1