• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,864
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The devil has many more tricks up his sleeve than just attacking the cross.  His first trick was to cause Eve to disobey what God said.  Once he accomplished that, the results of such sin opened up Pandora's box and he is now able to play with our emotions as well the natural human desires.   Beware of them all, especially the little ones that would normally go unnoticed. 

In the NJKV, this passage is titled "Do Not Grieve The Spirit" - Ephesians 4:25-32

Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another.  “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, nor give place to the devil.  Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need.  Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. 

Above are a few examples of the many places the devil will work if given a chance.  Think of it this way: The beaver can take down a very large tree many times larger than itself.  With patience and determination, over time the beaver will conquer its enormous goal by removing one little wood chip at a time.  The beaver doesn't have to chew through the whole tree, it only needs to remove enough to make it unstable, then the tree falls. 

Remember - we are to give no place to the devil.

Is the Holy Spirit just like the beaver...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

6 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Is the Holy Spirit just like the beaver...

No.  The beaver needs to completely destroy the tree for it to gain its prize, causing the tree is cease to exist. The tree has nothing to say about it, no choice. The Holy Spirit does not destroy, but replaces the old man with the new man, bad for good, giving life, not taking it without permission.

Edited by OneLight

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

No.  The beaver needs to completely destroy the tree for it to gain its prize, causing the tree is cease to exist. The tree has nothing to say about it, no choice. The Holy Spirit does not destroy, but replaces the old man with the new man, bad for good, giving life, not taking it without permission.

Taking down a strong hold???

And Jesus who has all authority everywhere...he said there is no beaver that can take you away from me...

Some beavers may be seen chewing on a tree  but they cannot damage or chew on it...only it appears, they attempt but cannot take it down...

No one can take a tree from Jesus Christ...

A believer is one who believes...in his heart...

He is called a believer because he believes...Jesus can see in his heart...but what about...can we see as he sees...

2 Corinthians 5:21

The "may become" ..can only translate the Greek word in the totality of the context...the correct word is "by default".

We have Jesus righteousness by default....

When our sins are put on him by default his righteousness is put on us....

The one who put our sins on Jesus...the same one also puts Jesus righteousness on us...the moment we believed...

One time someone is in his sins...and when he believes in Jesus as the Christ...he is not in his sins till death...and then Jesus gives him a place in Heaven...and he is wondering why...

What Jesus would say to him...

Because when you believed you were born to me....

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

6 hours ago, Behold said:

Where is the Cross ?   Its missing.      Where is the blood of Jesus shed for you?   Its missing in your theology.

Anyone can love their neighbor.  But not everyone is born again.    Jesus said to you... That "YOU Must be BORN AGAIN".

No, we can't love our neighbors or our enemies without Jesus living in us i.e.being born again.  That is the first thing God showed me in Scripture and in life.  I lacked love.   For that matter, Do I truly love God as He loves us?  Do I really lay down my life for my friends, even those who believe they are Christians but refuse to believe the truth of Scripture?  I weep for them and pray for them.  Only God can save them from their deception.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Willa said:

No, we can't love our neighbors or our enemies without Jesus living in us i.e.being born again.  That is the first thing God showed me in Scripture and in life.  I lacked love.   For that matter, Do I truly love God as He loves us?  Do I really lay down my life for my friends, even those who believe they are Christians but refuse to believe the truth of Scripture?  I weep for them and pray for them.  Only God can save them from their deception.

No worries...this kind which you call deception and which is not a deception...in any case this state of being cannot be use by Satan to say this one because of this kind of ...is mind..and If dies this way I can take him/her to Hell, Ha!Ha!

Jesus will say eat his dust, that's the only thing of him is not going to Heaven....

Why do you not rejoys together with the Angels in Heaven because his/her names are written in the book of the slain Lamb....

No believer in Jesus as the Christ is going to Hell because they did not learn how to love!!!

When haters goes to Heaven because they believe Jesus is the Christ...

They will tell you that...Jesus has many kind of children....like Jacob had many kind of sheep...

And the mix up ones were his strength...

And Laban could not take them from him....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

All this talk about sin and repentances and this and that. How about we focus on the topic?

Let us see how we can approach the lost ones. Any ideas (no fire and brimstone will cut it).

How about the WITNESS of the Glory of God and His Righteousness, Goodness and Care.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Don19 said:

But you don't do that. No one does. There is none righteous (Romans 3:10). "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." (Rom 3:20)

Only Christ was without sin and fulfilled the entire law, dying in our place that His righteousness may be credited to us. You need to repent and believe in Him.

To love God and their neighbor is the New Testament, laws are the OT.

11 hours ago, Behold said:

Where is the Cross ?   Its missing.      Where is the blood of Jesus shed for you?   Its missing in your theology.

Anyone can love their neighbor.  But not everyone is born again.    Jesus said to you... That "YOU Must be BORN AGAIN".

According to the Word in 2 Timothy 3:12; Hebrews 11:25-26, and others, when we choose to leave off serving our carnal inclinations and choose to live a Godly life, then adversity from the enemy will manifest (the cross). This is the blood of Christ, shed for me, so that I can if I so choose, leave my bondage to sin and instead be bound with Christ in God, and thus born again, free from sin.

2 Timothy 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Hebrews 11:25 Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26 Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

11 hours ago, Behold said:

Actually,  when  the Devil is dealing with believers, He tries to negate the Cross by trying to replace the Gospel of Grace with the Gospel of Works/Self Effort.

Where Satan tries to change it, or to over-write it, is regarding what Keeps you Saved.  That is where He twists it.   See, He can't keep you from being born again, but he can ruin your understanding of God's Grace by causing you to believe that you have  the burden of keeping yourself saved for the rest of your life...   His deceived try to do this to you.  They would have Jesus off the Cross and you up on it trying to "complete" your salvation, or Keep yourself Saved.

They would teach you that.....The blood atonement is subject to your behavior, and has no power of itself to maintain your Salvation for eternity.   They sound like this..."well, you are saved, until you sin...and then, your relationship with God is broken...SO, you repent, and confess, and then YOU have restored yourself back into God's acceptance.

See how that denies "The Finished WORK of Jesus on the CROSS" ?

By my understanding, our atonement through the Lord's sacrifice, grants us the grace so that should we so choose we are then no longer bound to our carnal natures to continue sinning. Prior to accepting the Lord's atonement, we had no option to leave our sin, and were strictly bound to continue sinning.

I will continue to strive for this goal of being in the Lord who is Spirit, while I continue to leave my carnal inclinations, which is sin, behind me. The two cannot be together (Romans 8:5-6). If, however, I should choose to continue going after my flesh, the outcome according to the Word is then death, which I understand to mean spiritual death.

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

1 hour ago, luigi said:

To love God and their neighbor is the New Testament, laws are the OT.

To love God and neighbor is law, which God writes on the heart of His people. But it is not justification. By works of law *no flesh* will be justified (Rom 3:20). Put simply, you cannot be justified by loving God and loving your neighbors. Unless you do that perfectly, which it is certain that you don't because only God is good (Matthew 19:17), then you are still condemned apart from Christ's blood. As Jesus said, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48) You are not perfect, and the only way you can be justified is through Christ's death in your place.

• Thumbs Up 1