• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

13 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The owner of Worthy Christian Forum, …George, …has told us, …he has created, provided this forum to be understood as a feast where all are invited to come and dine, …to discuss topics “always” in the spirit of Love, fraternity and comradery  in Christ.

When we are invited to dine with someone we practice good table manners, …we don’t shout, through food and/or  burp at their table, …so as brothers and sisters in Christ, …should not we practice good table manners here at Worthy?

When we’re are at George’s table here in cyber-space we need to practice good table manners and “correct” when bad table manners are observed.

One of the most flagrant examples of “bad” table manners we all observe here is, …the “constant” hijacking of threads, …that is, …posting some topic that does not have any connection with, reference to, … or is of the same subject with the Original Poster’s topic in the thread they started, …which disrespects the original poster, …our brother or sister in Christ, …derails their thread and sometimes causes the thread to be closed, …which is “selfishness” on the part of the hijacker.  

So, …we have a means of “correcting” this unchristian like behavior at the table, …just like our parents “corrected” our bad table manners as children!

The REPORT BUTTON, …it’s simple, easy and anonymous, …it’s found in the upper right hand corner of the invitee’s response that is hijacking the thread, …just click it, …then the “report” post option, …and in the dialog box just type in, “Thread Hijack.”

In doing this we will be helping the mods who generously donate their time and can’t possibly read all of the volumes of threads here at Worthy,

…and we will be respecting George's intention of dining at his table he has provided for us, ...and correcting an erring child in Christ, hopefully they will “receive” the correction and learn “Good” table manners in/with the Family of God.

Lord bless

A very thoughtful post and an excellent reminder of a simple thing.

I suspect many of us can improve. I include myself.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

I suspect many of us can improve. I include myself.

Me too, ...it's written in response to Father convicting me...

Lord bless 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,269

50 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The owner of Worthy Christian Forum, …George, …has told us, …he has created, provided this forum to be understood as a feast where all are invited to come and dine, …to discuss topics “always” in the spirit of Love, fraternity and comradery  in Christ.

When we are invited to dine with someone we practice good table manners, …we don’t shout, through food and/or  burp at their table, …so as brothers and sisters in Christ, …should not we practice good table manners here at Worthy?

Thank you JPT, for reminding us. It may be too late for those who have left.
Practicing good manners any time should be the norm, especially on a 'Christian' forum.
We should consider our testimony to the visitors and seekers, if there is any sense of sharing the good news.

I've heard it said,
One way to learn good manners,
is from those who have none.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979

5 minutes ago, George said:

In my Spirit, the Lord spoke to me that the next true revival will be ushered in by those who people only see the Jesus in them.  It wasn't about them ... it was all about HIM!   

Exactly my point dear brother,

Thank you for saying it, ...coming from the "steward" of Worthy Forum,...

We are at the "table" with Jesus, talking "about" Him, ...hijacking draws the "attention" of the guests away from Jesus, ...and "focuses" it on to the hijacker...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

great perspective here

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Showing  others respect despite the fact  we show  people respect here or at  home is needed. A toddler who can say chips etc  can say please and thank you...  Proper manners are not used anymore which is so sad.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

10 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

When we’re are at George’s table here in cyber-space we need to practice good table manners and “correct” when bad table manners are observed.

One of the most flagrant examples of “bad” table manners we all observe here is, …the “constant” hijacking of threads, …that is, …posting some topic that does not have any connection with, reference to, … or is of the same subject with the Original Poster’s topic in the thread they started, …which disrespects the original poster, …our brother or sister in Christ, …derails their thread and sometimes causes the thread to be closed, …which is “selfishness” on the part of the hijacker.  

So, …we have a means of “correcting” this unchristian like behavior at the table, …just like our parents “corrected” our bad table manners as children!

The REPORT BUTTON, …it’s simple, easy and anonymous, …it’s found in the upper right hand corner of the invitee’s response that is hijacking the thread, …just click it, …then the “report” post option, …and in the dialog box just type in, “Thread Hijack.”

In doing this we will be helping the mods who generously donate their time and can’t possibly read all of the volumes of threads here at Worthy,

…and we will be respecting George's intention of dining at his table he has provided for us, ...and correcting an erring child in Christ, hopefully they will “receive” the correction and learn “Good” table manners in/with the Family of God.

Lord bless

The Only Problem I see with this is it makes everyone a moderator and stifles dialogue. Let the Spirit lead the discussion where the discussion is meant to lead.... A reminder of John 3:8.... The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 

In My time here I have reported I want to say 2 Posts by two posters Can't remember exactly the number. I My self am not easily offended, and interaction both positive and negative is vital to growth. We all Know in Part and we all have "baggage" that needs the fellowship of brethren in order to clarify that we can grow. Use the following verses as a guide and you will see fruitful dialogue.... Ignore them and this will descend into Chaos. 

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. (Proverbs 9:8-10)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

38 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Only Problem I see with this is it makes everyone a moderator and stifles dialogue. Let the Spirit lead the discussion where the discussion is meant to lead.... A reminder of John 3:8.... The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 

Most people don't seem to be following the Holy Spirit when they hijack a thread, they do so for fun, to make a point to some other member for what they said, or for personal reasons.  I am not saying this happens 100% of the time, but very few people do so because they are led to do so.  If it was from the Spirit, His fruit would be in their words.  If the subject is worth discussing, just start your own thread.

38 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

In My time here I have reported I want to say 2 Posts by two posters Can't remember exactly the number. I My self am not easily offended, and interaction both positive and negative is vital to growth. We all Know in Part and we all have "baggage" that needs the fellowship of brethren in order to clarify that we can grow. Use the following verses as a guide and you will see fruitful dialogue.... Ignore them and this will descend into Chaos. 

Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. (Proverbs 9:8-10)

The effect of a thread full of personal attacks causes much more chaos than a report ever could.  Hijacking causes confusion and disrespect for the OP and the subjects participants.  Nobody likes to scroll through posts that have nothing to do with the OPs subject in order to find the next response to the OPs subject.  I have seen this far too many time when I was in this ministry.  Those in ministry have more than their share of stuff they do in the background to have time to read every thread to ensure it is going properly.  It is a tremendous help when reports happen, as long as the reported post is not just something you don't like or disagree with - personal reasons.  If it is indeed a violation, then those in ministry will decide if it needs to be addressed or not.