• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  26,052
  • Content Per Day:  5.88
  • Days Won:  176
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

As it happens, this was a thought that struck me as I got up this morning. Always nice to get confirmation. This puts together my thoughts around this so well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,110
  • Content Per Day:  6.05
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I am reminded of this:

Heb. 1:1   God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, 2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb. 7:19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

Heb. 7:22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.

Heb. 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

that's true Christianity is not a relgion u's a relationship with Jesus

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  1,103
  • Topics Per Day:  0.39
  • Content Count:  15,265
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Debp said:

"Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will." -Robert Farrar Capon-

I suspect I disagree with this former Episcopal Priest turned writer.

For I find my Lord Jesus  on about every page of the Bible, from the left side throughout the right side, OT and NT.

My Lord Jesus did not change religion, as example not one jot nor title did He change from the Law. He fulfilled it. He was seen at the temple prayers daily multiple times daily. He read studied lived and loved His Father's word. He lived and honored the Bible He read.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  380
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I agree completely.  Christianity is not a religion.  Religions are defined by rites and rituals performed by its followers.   We don't have rites and rituals.  We have Jesus.  The finished work of the cross negates the need for any rites and rituals on our part.  What Jesus did and continues to do is sufficient for everything we need.  If we try to add to it, we actually subtract from it.  We are called on to be holy, and to love God and our neighbors.  But this is not hollow ritual, it is active participation in the kingdom of heaven.  We do not engage in symbolism.  We engage in life as God intended us to live with him and each other.

Christianity is not a religion.  It is reality.  Jesus really created the universe.  He really saved us from the wages of sin by his work on the cross.  He really is the eternal King of Kings and Lord of Lord's.  And he really does love us.  It's a wonderful reality.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  54
  • Topic Count:  1,310
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  13,348
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  92

27 minutes ago, Logostician said:

I agree completely.  Christianity is not a religion.  Religions are defined by rites and rituals performed by its followers.   We don't have rites and rituals.  We have Jesus.  The finished work of the cross negates the need for any rites and rituals on our part.  What Jesus did and continues to do is sufficient for everything we need.  If we try to add to it, we actually subtract from it.  We are called on to be holy, and to love God and our neighbors.  But this is not hollow ritual, it is active participation in the kingdom of heaven.  We do not engage in symbolism.  We engage in life as God intended us to live with him and each other.

Christianity is not a religion.  It is reality.  Jesus really created the universe.  He really saved us from the wages of sin by his work on the cross.  He really is the eternal King of Kings and Lord of Lord's.  And he really does love us.  It's a wonderful reality.

You  have stated that so beautifully.    If anyone asks me what religion I am, I tell them being a Christian is not really about religion...rather it's about our faith in Christ as our Savior.   Having a personal relationship with God through Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

On 5/28/2020 at 3:38 AM, Debp said:

You  have stated that so beautifully.    If anyone asks me what religion I am, I tell them being a Christian is not really about religion...rather it's about our faith in Christ as our Savior.   Having a personal relationship with God through Christ.

I can really relate to you because many so called Christians or organizations have asked me what church do I go to or what denomination am I? I always tell them I’m just a believer in the truth in the Bible. Even the name of a Christian you can get the stereotypical views of others. Names and titles are only divisions that people can define you by this title or this denomination.

Belief in Jesus can be the only thing that defines us. Man judges on the outward appearance but God judges our hearts and true motives. It’s definitely our relationship to a person and not our relationship to a creed or church.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  2,024
  • Topics Per Day:  0.47
  • Content Count:  48,896
  • Content Per Day:  11.45
  • Days Won:  227

On 5/27/2020 at 3:40 AM, Debp said:

"Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is the proclamation of the end of religion, not of a new religion, or even of the best of all religions. If the cross is the sign of anything, it's the sign that God has gone out of the religion business and solved all of the world's problems without requiring a single human being to do a single religious thing. What the cross is actually a sign of is the fact that religion can't do a thing about the world's problems - that it never did work and it never will." -Robert Farrar Capon-

Is a genuine born again Christianity a religion or a relationship with Christ?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  115

I agree that it is not what the religious people would make it, but in a sense:

James 1:27

Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1