Why I left the church to find Christ!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,954
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

How will the church people learn to love if you leave them, you need to b more friendly n greet people with Jesus love.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,954
  • Content Per Day:  3.05

10 minutes ago, Debp said:

Sometimes Christians have to leave a church due to the extreme liberalness of the pastor.   I once had a pastor tell me the Bible was proven wrong in many ways by Science!   This after I questioned him saying a Bible verse is wrong in a sermon!  I  left that church the next week.   I couldn't see attending there if he didn't even believe in God's word.

Instead you'd better remain there n tell people that the sermon was wrong, it Will b like cat n dog between u n the pastor but don't fear him, instead rebuke him n challenge him openly. So people may know the truth. Don't run. Be brave. Ask people's WhatsApp n contact them.

Just because u r no pastor there doesnt mean u r not the light, raise ur hand n rebuke him.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

Instead you'd better remain there n tell people that the sermon was wrong, it Will b like cat n dog between u n the pastor but don't fear him, instead rebuke him n challenge him openly. So people may know the truth. Don't run. Be brave. Ask people's WhatsApp n contact them.

I did confront him after that service.   It was a large congregation, and they all thought he was so wonderful.    They thought he was a Biblical  scholar!   I hardly knew anyone there.   This happened about nine years ago.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Great input and mixture of idea's and opinions.

I'm so content where I am in my life and all of you sound the same - PRAISE GOD :101:

My name is OLIGOS

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

10 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

In my circle of friends, neighbors, relatives and acquaintances, many of us have left our churches after decades of seeking a genuine, active faith in living for Christ, that is nowhere to be found anymore in my area of the world.

Brother, I know just how you feel, ...I'm all alone spiritually here, ...not any like minded brothers, 

but, ...that doesn't keep me from Church.

I have online fellowship with both English and French speaking Churches of my Lord all across this planet, ...going east from Australia all the way to Israel where His Word is faithfully taught by the Holy Spirit and He is Glorified by and in His children.

What about considering, ...since you say the Lord has brought like minded saints into you circle, ...you "are" a church when two or three are gathered in His Name, start fellowshiping together in someone's home, ...putting aside any denominational  differences and just concentrate on the Word, putting 1 John 2:27 as the guideline for study:

But the Anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as His Anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in Him.

And agree together that any "supposed" contradiction in the Word is simply because of not being taught their meaning and intention by the Holy Spirit. 

Maybe try it and see what the Lord will do with it...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, I know just how you feel, ...I'm all alone spiritually here, ...not any like minded brothers, 

but, ...that doesn't keep me from Church.

I have online fellowship with both English and French speaking Churches of my Lord all across this planet, ...going east from Australia all the way to Israel where His Word is faithfully taught by the Holy Spirit and He is Glorified by and in His children.

What about considering, ...since you say the Lord has brought like minded saints into you circle, ...you "are" a church when two or three are gathered in His Name, start fellowshiping together in someone's home, ...putting aside any denominational  differences and just concentrate on the Word, putting 1 John 2:27 as the guideline for study:

But the Anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as His Anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in Him.

And agree together that any "supposed" contradiction in the Word is simply because of not being taught their meaning and intention by the Holy Spirit. 

Maybe try it and see what the Lord will do with it...

Lord bless

You know PASSINGTHRU my bother, you are in my "WHEELHOUSE".

I have been invisioning such a scenario and put is in God's hands and have left it up to Him to bring the right people together, if He wants, as I go on my walks in my neighborhood.

I have so many people in the near vicinity who have left their church or have other similar circumstance, and I just met 2 more yesterday to add to the number.

We even have a sort of rec room in our neighborhood. The scenario is so obvious, you'd almost have to be blind not to see it, BUT....

Everyone has an amazing heart for the lord and are so easy to talk to....BUT, I have learned not to get out ahead of the LORD and just stay in peace and wait on Him for HIS design and plan.

I have learned to stay out of His way and just pray for wisdom and discernment, but keep my eyes open for what He is accomplishing. God always makes sure His plans are very  obvious so He can accomplish His will in and through us.

Thank you for your response and great encouragement. God bless you.

My name is OLIGOS

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

11 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

The title may sound a bit strange. I actually borrowed it from the title of an online commentary that in this day and age reflects a growing dissent and dissatisfaction within more and more churches as more and more people are seeking more legitimate and authentic spiritual leadership and experience, and truth, INCLUDING MYSELF.

In my circle of friends, neighbors, relatives and acquaintances, many of us have left our churches after decades of seeking a genuine, active faith in living for Christ, that is nowhere to be found anymore in my area of the world.

When you go on line and research the current activity of Christianity around the U.S., the story is pretty much the same about the devout believers being tired and fed up with the changes in their church doctrine and how the leadership is trying to draw people in with MUSICAL EXYTAVAGANZAS, coffee and cookies, side show antics, and watering down the faith and the Gospel , to make it more acceptable to non-believers, but an atrocity  and an abomination to the true Godly followers of Christ.

It's a growing exodus that continues to expand, as God is calling His own people out to Himself.

For me, over 40 years of faithful living and serving Christ in the church and the community, only to watch the churches I believed in begin to fall by the wayside of the path God calls "BROAD" in Matthew 7:13".

It's hard not having a church home, but I put all of this in Gods hands to take care of, and God has been faithful as I have prayed about it and been patient, waiting in faith confidently, believing God would provide, and slowly but surely God is bringing true believers into my life that share the same authentic GODLY faith of love, consideration and Christian charity, and loving kindness.

You wouldn't believe the joy I feel being around people with the loving Holy Spirit of Christ, and how I can feel His presence in their genuine hearts of true faith.

They just "Vibrate His presence" in their loving Spirits.

Like others, the Holy Spirit called me out as many others have been called out too, and I am so grateful to God that over time I learned to know His voice and feel Hid presence, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and chose to follow.

There is such a peace now in truly living for Christ and not feeling the pressure to be what others wanted me to be. Now I can be what Christ calls me to and have the freedom to respond in complete HARMONY with Gods word.

You may not feel the same as me, or see the things I do, or things I experience, and that's OK, this is just one elderly mans commentary on how he see's life and living it in this world with Christ.

Lastly, I'm not one to point fingers at churches or individuals, or to be a fault finder to cause dis-unity or cause division. Each person has the freedom to discover what works for them as they grow and become more like Christ as they are called to by the Holy Spirit.

God bless.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my post.

My name is OLIGOS

I suspect that what we have seen happening for decades now, is the Lord's doing---or something that He will use as time progresses.

I also believe that it is very important and good for us to avoid participating in divisiveness. One practical and vital to fellowship example, is to avoid using our common departure from organizations as a glue for fellowship. In other words, to avoid basing our fellowship on our issues with organizations. Instead, simply focus on the Headship of Christ in our midst. This will very much please the Lord and allow the Spirit to operate.

Years ago, during a breakup of a local body the Lord told me to leave, but to not do or say anything divisive. To avoid it at all costs. A young man came to visit me and essentially 'told me off' in a very unkind manner. The Lord kept my mouth shut.

When that fella left my house, the Lord spoke to me saying, "do not build a case against your brethren and beware of the root of bitterness".

That word has served me well. Its my hope that it will help others.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

2 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Everyone has an amazing heart for the lord and are so easy to talk to....BUT, I have learned not to get out ahead of the LORD and just stay in peace and wait on Him for HIS design and plan.

Yes brother,

I learned that lesson 29 years ago when I first came here and tried and failed to start a ministry.

When I asked "why," Father gave me these two verses,

Not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit say he Lord of hosts.

and,

Unless the Lord builds the house, the laborers build in vain.

Over the years I have sat back and waited on the Lord and watched many come here and start a ministry only to go home confused, dejected and burned out.

So, ...since everyone is "talking" about the same subject, ...not having a church, ...why not talk about meeting in the rec-hall to "talk" about it all together, ...and see where the Lord takes it, ...in every move of the Holy Spirit there is one who leads,

...and since you have learned the lesson of not running ahead of the Lord, ...see the need, ...and I'm certain you feel not qualified to do it, ...that makes you the prime candidate to "serve" the others.

Lord bless

• Loved it! 1