• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

The title may sound a bit strange. I actually borrowed it from the title of an online commentary that in this day and age reflects a growing dissent and dissatisfaction within more and more churches as more and more people are seeking more legitimate and authentic spiritual leadership and experience, and truth, INCLUDING MYSELF.

In my circle of friends, neighbors, relatives and acquaintances, many of us have left our churches after decades of seeking a genuine, active faith in living for Christ, that is nowhere to be found anymore in my area of the world.

When you go on line and research the current activity of Christianity around the U.S., the story is pretty much the same about the devout believers being tired and fed up with the changes in their church doctrine and how the leadership is trying to draw people in with MUSICAL EXYTAVAGANZAS, coffee and cookies, side show antics, and watering down the faith and the Gospel , to make it more acceptable to non-believers, but an atrocity  and an abomination to the true Godly followers of Christ.

It's a growing exodus that continues to expand, as God is calling His own people out to Himself.

For me, over 40 years of faithful living and serving Christ in the church and the community, only to watch the churches I believed in begin to fall by the wayside of the path God calls "BROAD" in Matthew 7:13".

It's hard not having a church home, but I put all of this in Gods hands to take care of, and God has been faithful as I have prayed about it and been patient, waiting in faith confidently, believing God would provide, and slowly but surely God is bringing true believers into my life that share the same authentic GODLY faith of love, consideration and Christian charity, and loving kindness.

You wouldn't believe the joy I feel being around people with the loving Holy Spirit of Christ, and how I can feel His presence in their genuine hearts of true faith.

They just "Vibrate His presence" in their loving Spirits.

Like others, the Holy Spirit called me out as many others have been called out too, and I am so grateful to God that over time I learned to know His voice and feel Hid presence, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and chose to follow.

There is such a peace now in truly living for Christ and not feeling the pressure to be what others wanted me to be. Now I can be what Christ calls me to and have the freedom to respond in complete HARMONY with Gods word.

You may not feel the same as me, or see the things I do, or things I experience, and that's OK, this is just one elderly mans commentary on how he see's life and living it in this world with Christ.

Lastly, I'm not one to point fingers at churches or individuals, or to be a fault finder to cause dis-unity or cause division. Each person has the freedom to discover what works for them as they grow and become more like Christ as they are called to by the Holy Spirit.

God bless.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my post.

What you are seeing is the institutionalization of the church. when it grows beyond the point of personal accountability and becomes a force that binds rather than liberates the believer. The Church is the People, not the institution of church, and when it grows to this point it is no longer a church of the living God, but an institution of man that you are bound to. The Liberalism, the theocracy and the heresy of these churches will eventually lead to their demise as well. 

What you and your small group of believers are doing is forming a true church. That other thing you see as a church is not a true church any longer. A true church is a collection of individuals coming together to worship God and be led by the Holy Ghost, there is no formula, no prescribed sermon outline, no one man at the helm teaching everyone else, instead each individual as led speaks and the direction of worship is unplanned, and spontaneous.

@R. Hartono is right though, that old institutional church is your personal mission and calling. To speak up in them is to witness as this church is now your missions field. There are others there who are bound to this institution that need to be freed from its grip, and you by offering a contrast of what true church looks like can do so for them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

What you are seeing is the institutionalization of the church. when it grows beyond the point of personal accountability and becomes a force that binds rather than liberates the believer. The Church is the People, not the institution of church, and when it grows to this point it is no longer a church of the living God, but an institution of man that you are bound to. The Liberalism, the theocracy and the heresy of these churches will eventually lead to their demise as well. 

What you and your small group of believers are doing is forming a true church. That other thing you see as a church is not a true church any longer. A true church is a collection of individuals coming together to worship God and be led by the Holy Ghost, there is no formula, no prescribed sermon outline, no one man at the helm teaching everyone else, instead each individual as led speaks and the direction of worship is unplanned, and spontaneous.

@R. Hartono is right though, that old institutional church is your personal mission and calling. To speak up in them is to witness as this church is now your missions field. There are others there who are bound to this institution that need to be freed from its grip, and you by offering a contrast of what true church looks like can do so for them. 

It is best to leave quietly and to not take part in a division. It is not necessary to criticize the church (small c). What you propose is dangerous.

I won't argue with you on this, but it needed to be said.

Do not take part in a division....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

What fabulous responses from ALIVE, JustPassingThrough, and dhchristian.

The encouragement and advice has been SPOT ON and so much appreciated.

Church should be just as described here with encouragement and an atmosphere of relaxation, freedom, trust, kindness and MUCH LOVE from the heart.

BUT...all that being said - God has everything in His hands and has had a plan since eternity past.

We are just "CLAY" and God is the "POTTER".

God bless you all.

My name is OLIGOS

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

56 minutes ago, Alive said:

It is best to leave quietly and to not take part in a division. It is not necessary to criticize the church (small c). What you propose is dangerous.

I won't argue with you on this, but it needed to be said.

Do not take part in a division....

It is best to be a light to those who need to see the light in that false church. That they will see the way out. It is indeed a tight rope to walk on which easily can lead to division. The Holy Ghost will lead you in this regard.

God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

11 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

It is best to be a light to those who need to see the light in that false church. That they will see the way out. It is indeed a tight rope to walk on which easily can lead to division. The Holy Ghost will lead you in this regard.

God Bless.

Thank you dhchristian

That's exactly what I'm trying to be as I walk around my neighborhood and meet and talk to folks, and see where they are in their life. God may not use me for any more than a lifter of spirits and an  encouragement, and when there's an opportunity, share some words about faith as I have been given to me several times already . I'm a very relaxed east going person, a super friendly person and enjoy people tremendously, and love to hear about their lives, and joke around and laugh.

I let them talk mostly and don't say too much, as people really like to talk about THEIR LIVES, and get bored real easy if the other person talks too much.

God could be setting me up for more in the future, or he could be just putting me in a place where I'm available to talk when someone has need, or maybe something elase entirely I never thought of.

God does that sometimes, but whatever He wants is my hearts desire - I'M ALL IN :thumbsup:.

God bless you al for chiming in and giving me support, a place to be heard, a voice, and some wonderful feedback and hopefully there'll be more.

We all need all the help we can get and a few PRAYERS would sure go along way and be appreciated.

My name is OLIGOS

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

For me, the older I get, the simpler it gets.  Christianity is being a Christ man (or woman).  Individual denominations mean little to me and don't define me.  My denomination is Jesus.  He defines me.  I feel like I can walk into any church and feel at home with spirit filled people, and it is easy to know them.

A church that does not faithfully adhere to the Bible is not one that I will attend regularly, but I will almost always find good people there.  I don't try to rock people's boats, but when they ask my views, I tell them what I think and support it with the Bible.  The Spirit of God inspired prophets to write the Bible through the hands of prophets.  The Spirit of God is the true author of the Bible.  That same Spirit lives in us and will never contradict the Bible he wrote.  God doesn't change.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is the rock and firm foundation of life.  Carnal society changes whenever the wind blows, and usually for the worse.

It sounds to me like you are putting Jesus where he rightfully belongs, above everything.  And you are adhering to his word and following his Spirit.  You don't need advice or direction from me.  We're both on the same path and Jesus is leading the way.  Enjoy your journey.  We'll meet some day in a far better place.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I'm very happy with my church. It took me some goin' round checkin' things out. I used to go to a cowboy church back east, service was held at random spots of convieniance just to hear the word. I visited many here in Arizona when I came out in 2007, what a change! Out here they own property, an I was seein' politics out the wahzoo! Four years back I visited a Southern Baptist churches mens bible study ( cowboy church had none ) and enjoyed it so much I decided to check out their services. I had finally left church feelin' fed the word and ended up joinin' the church an bein' baptized. To this day I don't regret my descision, I found a home. 

Just my two bits,  JJ

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

On 6/9/2020 at 1:04 AM, Seasoned by Grace said:

The title may sound a bit strange. I actually borrowed it from the title of an online commentary that in this day and age reflects a growing dissent and dissatisfaction within more and more churches as more and more people are seeking more legitimate and authentic spiritual leadership and experience, and truth, INCLUDING MYSELF.

In my circle of friends, neighbors, relatives and acquaintances, many of us have left our churches after decades of seeking a genuine, active faith in living for Christ, that is nowhere to be found anymore in my area of the world.

When you go on line and research the current activity of Christianity around the U.S., the story is pretty much the same about the devout believers being tired and fed up with the changes in their church doctrine and how the leadership is trying to draw people in with MUSICAL EXYTAVAGANZAS, coffee and cookies, side show antics, and watering down the faith and the Gospel , to make it more acceptable to non-believers, but an atrocity  and an abomination to the true Godly followers of Christ.

It's a growing exodus that continues to expand, as God is calling His own people out to Himself.

For me, over 40 years of faithful living and serving Christ in the church and the community, only to watch the churches I believed in begin to fall by the wayside of the path God calls "BROAD" in Matthew 7:13".

It's hard not having a church home, but I put all of this in Gods hands to take care of, and God has been faithful as I have prayed about it and been patient, waiting in faith confidently, believing God would provide, and slowly but surely God is bringing true believers into my life that share the same authentic GODLY faith of love, consideration and Christian charity, and loving kindness.

You wouldn't believe the joy I feel being around people with the loving Holy Spirit of Christ, and how I can feel His presence in their genuine hearts of true faith.

They just "Vibrate His presence" in their loving Spirits.

Like others, the Holy Spirit called me out as many others have been called out too, and I am so grateful to God that over time I learned to know His voice and feel Hid presence, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and chose to follow.

There is such a peace now in truly living for Christ and not feeling the pressure to be what others wanted me to be. Now I can be what Christ calls me to and have the freedom to respond in complete HARMONY with Gods word.

You may not feel the same as me, or see the things I do, or things I experience, and that's OK, this is just one elderly mans commentary on how he see's life and living it in this world with Christ.

Lastly, I'm not one to point fingers at churches or individuals, or to be a fault finder to cause dis-unity or cause division. Each person has the freedom to discover what works for them as they grow and become more like Christ as they are called to by the Holy Spirit.

God bless.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my post.

My name is OLIGOS

There are some good responses to your post, I agree with many. But to give up on assembling with other believers in Christ when you are able to is an mistake. Frankly, when I am left to myself, I just get weird. I become my own pastor, prophet, teacher, and never am challenged about what I believe and why I believe what I do.  The local church is part of God's plan for born again believers. And as the old saying goes - "If you find the perfect church, please don't join it because you will make it no longer perfect". There are believers I love who 'cannot' attend church due to physical limitations. Then, God meets them where they are at for their situation. In every church I have gone to, there are believers who have a 'sweet spirit' and will encourage you. You just have to take the time to find them.

I could go on and on about my experiences over the years, but, let me encourage you to find a local church, attend and take time to develop relationships with people there. You might be pleasantly surprised at what Jesus does in your life as you learn to love the brethren, making allowances for their short comings. If it is a liberal church, find another Bible believing church.

Remember the #1 rule of ministry: People are crazy.  And the 2nd rule of ministry is: I also am a people. LOL Make allowances for each other and allow love to rule in your life.

Grace and Peace . . . Ray . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1952

I find little faith in most churches - what I find is comfort.  Put God in this box and all is good.  

I am not a ok that is fine kind of soul when it comes to the Bible and my faith.  Those nice pastors 

that make a living off keeping a couple of 100 souls happy will not be standing with me as my 

works burn up in front of me.  The hay and wood means little to heaven and nothing to me.  The 

deep richness of His Word and the Glory of His Spirit Truth is what I seek.  The social club of being

part of a group brings little joy to me. The strife conforming to the shallow water of flesh folks of faith 

has little to offer to me. Getting to know a bunch of souls that care little for prayer and 

the truth of the Word vs the standard message of I am good you are good and we are all waiting on 

the Rapture to take us home to a smiling Jesus.

This church and this bunch have little desire to understand the Gospel of Jesus Chris and the Kingdom Message

Most of this feel good and all is well is very much reflected in this forum.  You as a living soul need to challenge 

yourself and your pasted down sin of lack of obedience in your walk to the truth given by Jesus our Lord and the 

founding Fathers of our Faith.

1 John 1:5-7 - New English Translation (2005)
5. Now this is the gospel message we have heard from him and announce to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. 6. If we say we have fellowship with him and yet keep on walking in the darkness, we are lying and not practicing the truth. 7. But if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 

If we say we have fellowship with him and yet keep on walking in the darkness, we are lying and not practicing the truth

This was written by John - pure truth yet a mystery to those in the faith of this day 

BC

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1952

Don't think I am a awful Christian because I walk in this new heart given.  I love people that share the 

walk of this new heart.  What I don't like is people walking foolish lives of faith with no truth.  You have 

to share the truth of that given to you from heaven on a forum like this for me to gain hope that the 

truth you have is pure.  Being a parrot of repeating a message means little.  

John 3:5 - New English Translation (2005)
5. Jesus answered, "I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 

unless a person is born of the spirit / the spirit in you reflects the truth you have