• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

I can relate, I have only been going to my church  for a few months till the government used the "Plan-demic" to close it, and so far, I havn't been there enough to base an assumption but if all I hear is basically "God loves us" then it might be time to look else where. I already know God loves me, what I need is assurance of salvation, what I need to learn are things about God and how I tie in to His plan. I didnt start to go to church to feel good or be told something I want to hear, or free lunch. I started going to reconnect with God, to find out more about salvation. If I am not getting that, all the rebukes in the world are of no use. I learn more here on this forum (as long as I stay away from OSAS topics and pre, mid, and late trib rapture topics) than I have at any church, church is NOT a building, I really doubt God will condemn me for a avoiding churches that are afraid to speak out on Homosexuality or "give me half your paycheck and God will make you rich" churches or a feel good Happy church. There is a lot of "Bread" here on this forum. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

I  love the differing views here and all your diversity of beliefs,

and I'm grateful you stopped by to offer your advise and opinions.

What I love is that there's been no harshness between people here on this thread.

You've all been very kind and considerate unlike on many other topics here where there's

been a lot of devisiveness.

Thank you so much for all of your kindness's.:101:

My name is OLIGOS

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

1 hour ago, Ray12614 said:

Frankly, when I am left to myself, I just get weird. I become my own pastor, prophet, teacher, and never am challenged about what I believe and why I believe what I do. 

Thank you and well said.  Those are words to reflect on think a bit deeper on.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Yeah.. the word is clear about this. We never forsake the gather of our selfs together. My self.. I don't care what the INTERNET said about Churches. Takes a few hours maybe days to go to Church to Church and you find.. no one ever came to them asked them anything. No surveys nothing. Sorry in love.. God never tells us to leave the Church. That one.. for another yes.

See He gave you something others need. And they have something you need. You don't grow more in the lord by leaving the Church. We always need someone over us or we can be easily deceived. Now some leave and have home Churches. But even that.. unless you ONLY have your friends come and not anyone they will grow. Where you will need to go somewhere else so MORE people can come. HELLO CHURCH!

So going to Church is not a view.. its His word. Who are we thinking about? Them? or just me? Again.. God does not tell anyone to leave the Church.

20 hours ago, Logostician said:

For me, the older I get, the simpler it gets.  Christianity is being a Christ man (or woman).  Individual denominations mean little to me and don't define me.  My denomination is Jesus.  He defines me.  I feel like I can walk into any church and feel at home with spirit filled people, and it is easy to know them.

A church that does not faithfully adhere to the Bible is not one that I will attend regularly, but I will almost always find good people there.  I don't try to rock people's boats, but when they ask my views, I tell them what I think and support it with the Bible.  The Spirit of God inspired prophets to write the Bible through the hands of prophets.  The Spirit of God is the true author of the Bible.  That same Spirit lives in us and will never contradict the Bible he wrote.  God doesn't change.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is the rock and firm foundation of life.  Carnal society changes whenever the wind blows, and usually for the worse.

It sounds to me like you are putting Jesus where he rightfully belongs, above everything.  And you are adhering to his word and following his Spirit.  You don't need advice or direction from me.  We're both on the same path and Jesus is leading the way.  Enjoy your journey.  We'll meet some day in a far better place.

Logostician :thumbsup:

I so appreciate your encouragement, support and belief in me.

God knows He owns my heart, and that my life is surrendered to Him for any calling He chooses to place on my life.

I have served Him for many decades, and have learned how to place my life and situations in His hands to do as He wills.

I so believe Jesus words, "Not my will but thin be done" in everything, and God has been faithful.

I have taught my oldest son how to apply that to his life to, and the Lord is blessing him beyond description, as he applies trusting our LORD as I do

What a joy to be a father right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before I was a believer I set my own coarse in life, even after I became a believer, for a while, but God is gentle and patient, and led me to a different way of living in Him.

It's so easy to choose your own coarse in life, and life can get really hard when we do, or we can choose to let God lead

and it may still get hard, the difference is we are in training, and God has a plan and He wants to give our lives a value, and purpose we could never accomplish for ourselves,

and bring to others the AWESOME gift of ETERNAL LIFE.

My name is OLIGOS

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 6/10/2020 at 2:06 AM, Logostician said:

Christianity is being a Christ man (or woman).  Individual denominations mean little to me and don't define me.  My denomination is Jesus.  He defines me. 

I think you're on to something. This reminds me of churches/organizations I used to attend or associate with. One was all about spiritual warfare, battling the devil, and that theme came to define me, without my ever making a conscious decision about it. Another one was a very political, Christian Right group, and so I saw everything through that family-championing, liberal-hating filter despite having no family myself. 

In the years since, I've realized that what it's all about is becoming like Christ. (Making a tree good, so its fruit can be good?) And that only one who can do that in us is Christ. In my experience, these other themes and definitions and whatnot, don't help this so much as hinder it, and that's unfortunate. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:15 PM, TheBlade said:

. God does not tell anyone to leave the Church.

TheBlade my friend:thumbsup:

Try reading 2nd Corinthians 6:14-18, and try to get past just applying this message to marriage as many, many churches teach that it only applies to.

If you can get past the legalism and rule keeping of most every church in America, and get to the heart of

what God is saying in His word, God would never, and has never commanded us as believers to stay in a DEAD CHURCH.

In the group of verses I quoted above, verse 17 says, "come out from their midst and be separate , says the LORD".

In this context of the meaning of the word separate, which also means to be sanctified, Holy, or set apart, is the Greek word hagiasmos,  which, when you refer to the scripture being quoted in 2nd Cor. 17 above, is Jeremiah 51: 45, Jeremiah is saying, "Come out of her my people! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. RUN from the fierce anger of the Lord."

The connotation in the Greek language here in this context, is the idea of running for your life as you'd run from a burning building.

The Greek word aphorizo  also means to separate, but can't be used in this context, a different application, so don't get the 2 confused if you study both.

I hope that helps clarify your understanding in the statement you made above that I quoted :t2:

God bless you as you continue on your path of Godliness.

My name is OLIGOS

Edited by Seasoned by Grace

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 6/8/2020 at 10:04 PM, Seasoned by Grace said:

leadership is trying to draw people in with MUSICAL EXYTAVAGANZAS, coffee and cookies, side show antics, and watering down the faith and the Gospel , to make it more acceptable to non-believers,

I would be interested in the collective wisdom of the group.  I too have noticed a growing trend of activities that are much more social, than Bible-based located at churches.  For example, in the parking lot there are hay rides, petting farms, face painting for children, food being offered, etc.  I know that these social offerings are a way to entice others to attend church, but I wonder how much seems Biblically reasonable.  In other words, what seems like a balanced approach?  How far should Christians go to make church appealing?

15 minutes ago, BibleStudent100 said:

I would be interested in the collective wisdom of the group.  I too have noticed a growing trend of activities that are much more social, than Bible-based located at churches.  For example, in the parking lot there are hay rides, petting farms, face painting for children, food being offered, etc.  I know that these social offerings are a way to entice others to attend church, but I wonder how much seems Biblically reasonable.  In other words, what seems like a balanced approach?  How far should Christians go to make church appealing?

In the comment of mine that you quoted I was referring to the intent of the heart.

That should be the standard we live our personal Christian lives by.
Are we not only true to God, but are we true to ourselves also ???

My name is OLIGOS

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.51
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

46 minutes ago, BibleStudent100 said:

Is it possible that along with the spiritual aspect of a church, the elders are wanting to provide social things for the folks and their kids as an alternative to the secular and even unhealthy activities and or environments that exist in the world?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1