• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

People have numerous reasons for taking their lives, but the importance of motives are irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:
  2 hours ago, David1701 said:

The motive is always the most important thing. 

Motive is the most important thing.

God looks at the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7 King James Version (KJV)

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Edited by 1to3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Motive is the most important thing.

It all depends. I've had close personal friends who have taken their lives. Five relatives have also committed suicide. Some over heartbreak, others for some pretty foolish reasons. Some motives I could understand, while others were totally senseless. This troubles me to even think about it anymore. I've got to move on from the topic if you don't mind my doing so.  

10 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

God looks at the heart.

Yes, indeed He does. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Yes, OP, that is a form of suicidal ideation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 6/13/2020 at 6:42 PM, Addy said:

Before starting this conversation.... I think the question that needs to be asked is WHY are you personally asking this question??

Are you simply curious... or... ARE YOU CONSIDERING harming yourself?  I think this should be established before FURTHER discussion.

I am agree with you Addy.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I don't think I got to this stage of denial. If that is what you mean, but I have fallen into dangerous thoughts before. Weird part is I was really calm about it. So much so the emergency room just sent me home. Basically I was in a very dark place where I was convinced my life was without any reason to live. However, other than being extremely depressed I had no desire to end my life. Of course I was taken to the emergency room after the night God invaded my mind. To keep the story simple. If you all have not noticed I am infamous of walls of text. My family became concerned about my wonderland and my coping strategies. I found my imagination to be very helpful in solving my problems. I enjoyed my tulpas soo much that I made my wonderland sound real. Like people were convinced that I thought I could go there and talk to sentient beings. 

Basically I was pressured to give it up. It was annoying at first because people only trashed my FB posts about my wonderland. My public diary was on My Diary dot Org at the time. I switched to Blogger because I really wanted to include my art and projects. Back to the story though. In my diary I wrote my wonderland in kind of a story form. This is how I began with it in 2008 roughly. I wrote letters to my wonderland and pretended that I got letters back. Eventually I would immerse myself in my wonderland in the form of my babyfursona name LP2Lily or Lily for short. This scared people so I eventually got demoted from admin in the Christian Pony-fan group I helped out with. Then I was bombarded with messages saying I was living amongst demons. (NOT THE CASE) So, just to see what would happen I cleared my mind and mentally detached myself from my wonderland. Basically I created an imaginary void. Unfortunately this is where things turned very dark. This void filled with very depressing thoughts and I lost control of it. Out of desperation I tried to imagine my wonderland again, but I could only see the dark void. No stars, the feel of the cave home I had was gone, even the comfort of my tulpas thoughts were silent. Then God invaded and said, "I have everything under control." I fell asleep and woke up to my mothers call. 

I remember writing a wall of text about how my life became a void of meaninglessness not worth living and I was hurt by how she thought everyone was right. My father did not know of what was happening and this is one of the very few times he got angry with my mother. Like my parents are very close and still go out on some very romantic dates. My mother apologized to me and told me she realizes that this is part of my coping strategies. I obviously quit putting my wonderland out in the open. I only mention events every so often. For the most part though this became my private diary and my public diary now is just to write about my life as an imaginative hobbyist. It took a while before I could clearly envision my wonderland again. I still get with therapist every so often as a precaution. I kid you not though. This void was so emotionally painful that it was like a family member I was close to died. I now openly accept it as my calling in my imaginative craft. This is how I make my craft tell the most vivid of stories. I still have people tell me my story is destined to become a great seller, but I removed people from my life that tried to demonize my imagination. I only keep people who encourage me to improve it. Well I sort of kept this simple. SIGH! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 6/13/2020 at 10:31 AM, CaptWalker said:

Was just wondering if there were actually considered such a thing as passive suicide?? Such as one who purposely puts themself in a very precarious situation which may ultimately end up in them losing there life?? And as far as any scenarios go, well just use your imagination. Since i can think of some ways that someone might try to do this indirectly, or just by letting nature take it's course so to speak. But was mainly just wondering whether God would see it all the same regardless, and only be looking at an individual's actual intention. 

Get immediate counseling from a born again church if you're thinking of ending your life. PLEASE.

17 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Get immediate counseling from a born again church if you're thinking of ending your life. PLEASE.

Can we take this thread a little more seriously as a conversation? No one is planning to end their life. If they were, the certainly would not be talking about it here. Why risk some one finding it and talking them out of it. I certainly was not wanting to talk about it when I faced dark thoughts like, "my life has no meaning." Lets get back on topic shall we?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 minutes ago, LittlePebble10 said:

Can we take this thread a little more seriously as a conversation? No one is planning to end their life. If they were, the certainly would not be talking about it here. Why risk some one finding it and talking them out of it. I certainly was not wanting to talk about it when I faced dark thoughts like, "my life has no meaning." Lets get back on topic shall we?

It's vital to take people at their word, and given the same message again, my response would be the same. Suicide prevention is based on prompt response to cries for help.

I'm sorry you are having struggles/have had past struggles.

Just now, Billiards Ball said:

It's vital to take people at their word, and given the same message again, my response would be the same. Suicide prevention is based on prompt response to cries for help.

I'm sorry you are having struggles/have had past struggles.

In all fairness I am not questioning if.... I just find the non-stop of these responses to be a bit distracting. My therapist cost a lot because of cov-19 limiting me to online resources. If people are here to talk about their problems and or willing to open up about these dark thoughts then perhaps they don't have the money for a therapist. If they can talk about it then there is always hope. Faith the size of a pebble remember?

Just now, ChickenCoop said:

I told people I was suicidal before my suicide attempt.  And unlike taking a drug overdose or cutting wrists,  when you hang yourself there is no chance of changing your mind.  If the rope had not broken,  I would not be posting this now. 

Thats kind of my point. You were willing to talk about it. You had some one listen instead of being told to be silent and take it to a therapist. Are therapist more suitable? Most certianly, but if one does not know how or have the money to then they should be taken seriously and be allowed to voice their dark thoughts and be comforted.