IGNORED

Will Christians who don't fully obey the bible go to heaven?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

The Masoretic text was a re-issue of the Hebrew text to the liking of the rabbis. The septuagint that the apostles and Yeshua read were heavily edited, so our modern 'bibles' are limited in this regard.  Go study for yourself and see.

If you do not study this you will never know. The Vulgate (by Jerome)was heavily influenced by Augustine. He had horrible ideas. This is what the textus receptus was based on for the KJV scriptures. This likewise has errors.

I reiterate: go study for yourself and find out.

lol dude why should i believe what men today think they did not exist 2000-3000 years ago to be sure. However, maybe they do have evidence for what they believe in. But i think that God purposefully left us the bible otherwise no one would know how to follow him. If he purposefully left us the bible i'm pretty sure a righteous God would guide the writers so there are no errors in the bible lest we have an excuse on judgement day. Doesn't that make sense?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

performance based anything toward holiness must begin with holiness... where in a world that is set aside for fire and cessation will you find the material of holiness to perform holiness with?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

May I suggest that we all do the same check: 2 Corinthians 13:5 "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified."

Only those who place their faith in Jesus are saved.  I guess the question is, how much faith in Jesus do you have?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

6 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

You know the bible says to repent of your sins, to be blameless before the lord, to be perfect as God is perfect, to be holy as God is holy etc

I see the vast majority of Christians don't fully obey the commands in the bible. For example in Ephesians Paul says that there shouldn't be any unwholesome talk or course joking among Christians because we are Gods holy people. Nor should there be any impurity, sexual immorality or greed. I was hanging out with about 10 young adults from church the other day and man, was it course joking galore. They also take Gods name in vain which is one of the 10 commandments. You know saying omg instead of oh my gosh. 

I have known Christians that swear to. Will these Christians go to heaven? They are not repenting of all their sins. I follow the bible 100% as is intended but i'm concerned about the majority of Christians that don't cos these are direct commands and to disobey is sin. I think that the problem is not enough bible reading and their opinion is corrupted by the worlds standards and Gods standard, the bible, is a weak voice in their head cos they neglect bible reading. 

Are they in danger of hell? What you think?

Many people think by saying God Dam this or dam that is taking his name in vain. How can that be taking his name in vain when that’s really not his true name? Taking his name in vain is acting like your doing service unto him when really it’s your flesh that’s prompted to do things out of guilt and duty.

When not doing things through faith and not by direct obedience prompted by the Holy Spirit is taking his name in vain because your acting like it’s being done through his name when really it’s just your religious duty doing it.

Another thing taking his name in vain is calling his name by another name when really that name is only 400 years old obtained through tradition which really isn’t truly his name. This is the height of taking his name in vain. To take his name in vain is to bring it to no effect or diminish it. 
Mark 7:13,

Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

His true name is Yahshua and it is up to you to find out for yourselves about his true name lest you take his name in vain through tradition. Many will say it doesn’t matter that God knows who your talking to. But the real question is do you know? If we are ignorant of the most basic things, what else are we ignorant of?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Yes--there are inconsistencies in various translations and one can even point to words being purposefully translated as words that aren't correct, due to a bias in the translators. This stuff can't be disputed--however, I am convinced that our Father made sure that the important things have been preserved.

And of course, our Father provided the 'Paraclete' to walk alongside and to Help us...we have all that we need 'In Christ' and He is at work in us.

Trusting Him is the key...simple.

Recall that a great many of His sons have either had little access to scriptures and or could not read them as we do today with all kinds of commentary and new source materials. Our Father took care of those souls.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @Ineedhugs

Good post and responses from you.

You are definitely on the right track my friend, so praise Yahweh. 

Now, there will obviously always be a crowd who will respond "no you can't keep any command, trust in Jesus alone". You're free to follow their advice if you wish. They seek only to love one another and give charitably - which are admirable traits but it also makes them no different to some Buddhists, Muslims and even Athesists who want and do the very same things.

But to avoid starting unnecessary conflict in the forum, all I will say is that the person's heart is vitally important on this matter of obedience, more than adherence itself... 

Firstly, let's suppose the commands were "impossible to keep" as some profess. Well then, the pretext needs to be accepted that God set us up for failure or didn't understand our limitations well enough. An odd assumption, which has to be accepted for this premise to be true. 

Secondly, let's the suppose the commands don't need to be obeyed in order to achieve salvation (which I believe, as salvation is a gift of grace). Well then, how should we act in our new life of freedom and liberty? And how should we think of His commands He kept recorded for us diligently in the Word?  Should we say "Nah, I don't need to do anything because I'm free"?  Or should we say "Now I am free, I choose to walk the ways He commanded"? 

If you fail at keeping the commands, it's expected and provision has be made for your failures. However, it will surely be credited to you for good if you attempt them and are willing to try to obedient - when you're free NOT to be. 

However, if you won't even try and say "none of His commands matter when you have the free gift of grace" or "no one can follow His commands" then how should we imagine that person to be recieved? 

Finally, imagine you had two children whom you instructed in a certain ways before you left the house for a short trip.  Throygh the house's security camera, you saw one child try to follow your rules with effort but occasionally mess up. Nevertheless, the would preserve to obey you with diligence.  However, the other child doesn't obey you at all and says "he is my father and, even if i don't obey, i will still be his son regardless".  Now, who would you reward upon your return? 

Love & Shalom 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

18 minutes ago, Alive said:

Yes--there are inconsistencies in various translations and one can even point to words being purposefully translated as words that aren't correct, due to a bias in the translators. This stuff can't be disputed--however, I am convinced that our Father made sure that the important things have been preserved.

And of course, our Father provided the 'Paraclete' to walk alongside and to Help us...we have all that we need 'In Christ' and He is at work in us.

Trusting Him is the key...simple.

Recall that a great many of His sons have either had little access to scriptures and or could not read them as we do today with all kinds of commentary and new source materials. Our Father took care of those souls.

I agree that the Holy Spirit certainly does help us to discern the truth.  I remember when I was very young in the faith; I bought a Good News translation and was reading Exodus, which I'd not read before.  I kept getting a witness (not in words, but an intuitive knowing) that it was not right.  This kept getting stronger and stronger, the more I read, until I couldn't take it any more and had to put the Good News translation down.

Later on, I discovered that the "Good News" translation is very bad news and has gratuitous changes throughout (e.g. it has been nicknamed the "Bloodless Bible", because the author frequently changed the word "blood" to "death", in the New Testament).

The same goes for the positive side, the Lord is well able to give you a witness in spirit, as to whether a translation is generally reliable or not.  Of course, we should also study the issues involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Firstly, let's suppose the commands were "impossible to keep" as some profess. Well then, the pretext needs to be accepted that God set us up for failure or didn't understand our limitations well enough. An odd assumption, which has to be accepted for this premise to be true. 

It is important to know the Scripture
Gal 2:21

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV

It is that simple....

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

5 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Yeah but the bible says to repent of sins to. Like if our sins were so bad that the son of God had to be nailed to a cross for us to be forgiven then you can't seriously think it's alright to go on sinning? Your mocking what he did.

Don't get me wrong. If you convert at 20 and die at 85 there might be countless times you sinned in between, because your right we have a sin nature, but for every sin you do you must confess it and genuinely repent. 

1 John 3:9,

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Romans 6:1-2

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

The Bible is true whether we want to believe it or not. We don’t sin if we are truly born of God. Our idea that we are born again must be wrong if we think we can still sin. Many think they are saved and born again just because the church led them through a so called sinners prayer.

But I say allot of those so called conversions were not true conversions because these souls were being reaped prematurely before their hearts were truly ready.

A pastors persuasive words of guilt and condemnation sometimes has prompted these souls prematurely to make them feel like they had a true experience but this experience was based on the emotions instead of the heart. Sometimes people get their hearts and emotions mixed and intertwined where they think their emotions are truly their hearts when they are deceived. 

Our idea about what we think sin is wrong. Sin can only exist under the law. 
1 Timothy 1:9,

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

In the New Testament we are not under the law but under a love relationship with our creator. With true love if we mess up we get right up and learn from it and better ourselves by not doing the same things again.

This is true repentance when one turns from things that would hurt the one that they love and do otherwise. Repentance isn’t about physically repenting of everything you do by speaking out verbally every time you mess up. Religion teaches us this but the Bible doesn’t make Salvation to be some religious formula to be saved or born again. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

May I suggest that we all do the same check: 2 Corinthians 13:5 "Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified."

Only those who place their faith in Jesus are saved.  I guess the question is, how much faith in Jesus do you have?

How much faith in Jesus do YOU have (since you are asking others)? 

How do you quantify it? 

How much is enough?

Do you think that you are saved because of your faith, or by grace through faith?  What does the Bible say (Eph. 2:8-10)?