IGNORED

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

No, that's not what I mean.  What I mean is that our laws should be based on what God says is right and wrong.  The OT laws are very helpful, in this regard, but countries nowadays are not OT Israel and the principles should include not only righteousness and justice but also compassion and a desire to rehabilitate, where possible (e.g. how Jesus dealt with the woman caught in adultery).

jesus didn't deal with the woman really, he dealt with her accusers.  they didn't follow the law and the woman could not be condemned because of what the accusers had done.  when he pointed out to them their problem her accusers all left and it takes three.  he did warn her about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, furrychristian said:

I think we've been over this point a couple pages back. "Don't murder" isn't only a religious principle, there is objective reasoning behind it that doesn't only rely on religious thought.

The objective reason behind it is that God has commanded it.  Without God's command, there is no OBJECTIVE reason to inscribe anything in law.  God alone has the prerogative to give and take life.  He might delegate the authority to take life to the civil powers, but they only have that authority because God gave it to them.

2 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

This might be a misapplication of a blase concoction to ease your conscience. Just face it. We are entrapped in the world even if we are not a real part of it. Make sure what you teach is supported well from scripture and not an out of context silly quote.

Make sure that pride and self-righteousness don't trip you up.

1 minute ago, other one said:

jesus didn't deal with the woman really, he dealt with her accusers.  they didn't follow the law and the woman could not be condemned because of what the accusers had done.  when he pointed out to them their problem her accusers all left and it takes three.  he did warn her about it.

Go now and sin no more...

1 minute ago, David1701 said:

Go now and sin no more...

thai is what i said

Just now, other one said:

thai is what i said

That WAS Jesus dealing with the woman.  He did not condemn her but told her to stop her sinning.

1 hour ago, furrychristian said:

There are people who believe we should bring back the OT laws

i don't think i would be happy there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, David1701 said:

The objective reason behind it is that God has commanded it.  Without God's command, there is no OBJECTIVE reason to inscribe anything in law.  God alone has the prerogative to give and take life.  He might delegate the authority to take life to the civil powers, but they only have that authority because God gave it to them.

The objective reasoning behind it is that we cannot live in a society where people are allowed to kill others, and still be safe.

The difference is, the purpose of government is to keep it's citizens safe. Not to force religious principles. The purpose of murder being illegal isn't to change the heart of a potential murderer, it is to keep him from harming others and have the means to stop and deter that kind of crime from occurring.

Sorry, but you're not going to change my mind. I was a libertarian for 7 years, and still largely lean in that direction. I'm only not a libertarian anymore because I'm more left leaning now. I am very familiar with the conversation we are having, I've had it many times.

Edited by furrychristian

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 6/25/2020 at 10:29 PM, Andy Maleh said:

“Jesus didn't ban it in the Roman empire, nor call on such.”

Jesus did ban homosexuality by affirming the Jewish religion. 

“But we live in a pagan culture.  This is not a the Christian nation it was founded on.   Most people are pagans.  Jesus didn't go around screaming at pagans.  In Luke 9, a Samaritan village refused to welcome Jesus because he was going to Jerusalem, and his disciples asked if they should call down fire to burn the villagers, and Jesus rebuked them.”

You’re not a Pagan are you? So, why do you speak like one?

You see a Christian that says they are Homosexual, you should make a point to correct them.  You should get in their face, and point to the Bible and say NO... the Bible says that is wrong, and you need to choose whether you are Christian or Homosexual, because you can't be both!.”

What do you think I am doing right now? 

“But the pagans are pagan.  They don't believe our Bible, nor our morals, nor our standard for living.  Leave them alone.”

That’s not what Jesus thought of them as they are God’s creation too. In fact, many eventually converted to Christianity with persistence as opposed to complacency. You sound more pagan with your comments than a Christian. It is not a bother to alert someone about what could prevent them from going to hell. It is a bother to leave them alone and let them burn in hell eternally, God willing. 

“And as far as Trump... I don't even know if Trump is a Christian.  He's a politician.  And reality TV star.  But Christian?  Who knows.  Do you know his heart?  I don't.”

Last I checked, President Trump said with his own words he’s a Christian. Also, last I checked, President Trump is no longer in Kindergarten, and in America, we hold people accountable to their word as their word is taken as good enough with the principle of everyone is innocent until proven guilty. 

You’re not a Pagan are you? So, why do you speak like one?

I am not, nor do I speak like one.

That’s not what Jesus thought of them as they are God’s creation too.

Jesus did not go around saying the government should ban pagan religions.  Nor did Paul.  Go read where he was in the city with all the pagan idols.  Did he tell them they should ban all those beliefs?

You sound more pagan with your comments than a Christian

I have no idea what you are talking about.   A pagan wouldn't care about Christian doctrine in regards to homosexuality or anything else for that matter.  A pagan would certainly not be using the life of Jesus as a reference for his beliefs, which is exactly what I did here.  In fact, a pagan wouldn't be on a forum for Christians, talking about Christian issues.

So I don't have any idea what your nonsensical statement was supposed to mean.

Last I checked, President Trump said with his own words he’s a Christian. Also, last I checked, President Trump is no longer in Kindergarten, and in America, we hold people accountable to their word as their word is taken as good enough with the principle of everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Trump is a politician.  All politicians say things to endear themselves to whatever group they are pandering to.

Clinton walked around with a massive Bible, when xxxxx  xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx!.

Do whatever you feel like in regards to Trump, it doesn't bother me.  But keep your expectations of politicians as low as possible.

Edited by Omegaman 3.0 @LonerAndy vulgar and graphic depiction of sensitive immoral behavior has not place on a site that has children in attendance, and especially one that is Christ centered!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 6/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, Andy Maleh said:

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he is Christian? It sounds like the only logical thing a Christian would do regarding the practice of homosexuality, let alone the fact that they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people. Could he or people he knows be benefitting secretly from giving privileges to practitioners of homosexuality? I sadly know a good number of people who falsely like homosexuals only because of the allure/cool/wow/pride/vanity factor they get from associating with them, none of which are important or Christian things, let alone some being sin (e.g. pride). Could the president or his aides be sadly caught up in that too? I think President Trump should ban homosexuality in the public immediately and work on having that happen in all countries in the world. That's what a true Christian who loves Jesus and God would do. May God bless him and bless us all.

Congress can do it. The President can not introduce new laws.