IGNORED

I think we should all use our real names as a username and maybe something next to it if your name is too common

Ervin P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Important Memo: Never tell anyone what nicknames you have been given if you don't want them resurfacing.

Yes, never ever ever.  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

19 hours ago, Ervin P said:

my real name is ervin and my surname starts with p. I am satisfied that i have got my username as my actual name. 
i think we should all do the same. 
what do the rest of you think about that.

Unfortunately we lived in a very screwy world.   For men, like myself, this isn't nearly as big of a problem.

However, I know of some women who said too much online, and they ended up having problems.  One specific lady, had a guy travel across the country, and camp outside her house.   She had to call the police, and she had him sent to prison, because he was really seriously stalking her.   And even in court, the man was very honest that he was there to protect "his" woman, and did not seem to understand why she was not thrilled with him following her.

For men this is far less common obviously.   However, I had a girl come after me.  Which is insane.  If there is any guy, that is not a catch, I'm that guy.

Nevertheless, this girl somehow got my home address, and sent me cookies.   Cookies from a girl in Texas, to a guy in Ohio.   And this girl was nuts.   She was already married.  She was already having an affair with someone else.  And she wanted me to split the air-ticket, so she could fly to Ohio, and live with me.

And she had my address.   For months, I was worried I would end up with a 20-something chick showing up at my door, asking for a place to sleep.

Wouldn't it be great if we lived in a sin-less world, where people are not crazy?   Would that not be amazing?

But we're not there.  This isn't it man.  People are fruity crazy in this world, so generally I do not use my real name :)

Now I have still sometimes used my real name online, but very rarely.   But women....

If there are any women on this forum right now, I have one bit of advice for woman specifically.... DO NOT.... DO NOT give out your personal information EVER.

That's my advice.   And FYI, don't be so quick to 'friend' people on facebook.  Only friend people you really really know.  Not friend of a friend, and such.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

If for instance I am praying for someone I would like to know their actual name. Also it’s promoting truth. Should we not strive to tell the truth.

i try to tell the truth as much as i can. Sometimes i twist the truth myself or I might tell a lie( so called white lie). And telling any lies is I think not good.

When I hide my former sins or tell a so called white lie( which I am still at times guilty of) I don’t feel good. I hope and I pray to Our Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ that i and all others can be good Christian’s who can always speak the truth.

Edited by Ervin P
Changed from a good Christian to good Christians

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,050
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  238
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

speaking the truth and being as good a person as you can doesn't actually depend on posting personal information on a public forum that can be used to harm you Even here you are not always in the presence of friends Those who have been here even a short time have seen some very disturbed people come and go As for praying God knows who and what so you don't need to do so 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

10 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

I've never gotten into Twitter ... probably won't get into parler either. But thank you for explaining. I remember when Facebook was a new thing. lol  I'm not huge into social media. :)

there are two new facebooks coming out, but i am not yet familiar with either of them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Content Count:  33,050
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  238
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

the only face book I have or will ever use is the book I hold in front of my face 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

6 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

Don't you believe God knows everything?  You can pray for someone using a nickname and God knows who it is. 

Of course God knows everything, but it’s about us being in truth, which I believe God wants from us.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

My name is real lol. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I would not use my real first name if I was beginning again. Too many trouble makers and untrustworthy people. 

Just now, ChickenCoop said:

Hi real lol.  Nice to meet you. I'm chicken. 

Lol I like fried chicken. 

• Haha 1