• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

56 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I think so but pls remind me? 

Well, the hunt guide told the hunter he would get the bear and it was up to him to kill and skin it. Ok said the hunter.

Off went the guide and got a bear's attention. He was careful to leave the cabin doors open. The hunter was having breakfast when the guide came running in with the bear chasing him. As the bear came into the cabin, the guide shut the both doors buy running around and closing them with the bear and the hunter inside. "There ya go", says the guide. "He is all yours!"

In this way we might attract the humanists, but it is up to God to capture them. In a way (inglorious as it sounds) we are the bait!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

There are calls for these. 

Along with offers of completely God-free funerals, how utterly misguided, this is yet another way for separation of people from God. The foolish go with their own feelings, set store on themselves and fellow humans only. 

Usually even the emptiest of person's realises deep down there is something missing. 

But a wedding centred on everything other than God is unbearably miserable. Separation from God feels like hell and eventually most certainly is. 

Not everyone is a Christian. Not every believes in God. We can not order others what to believe.  We can make sure that we ourselves are following the path that God has set out before us. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Indeed the foolish emptiness of marriage blessed only by humans. Of death without hope or meaning. 

Apparently now are renewed bayings for the right to an marriage ceremony totally stripped of any reference to God's existence. So fools can merely bless one another. Not knowing that they turn their faces against their own creator. 

these have always been available for many many decades. What is different now? I do not call my fellow humanity fools, God loves them, Jesus died for them.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

wowww I disn't know such weddings excisited,  what a shame,  it's sad when people choose to leave God out of the celebration,  preety sad

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

There are calls for these. 

Along with offers of completely God-free funerals, how utterly misguided, this is yet another way for separation of people from God. The foolish go with their own feelings, set store on themselves and fellow humans only. 

Usually even the emptiest of person's realises deep down there is something missing. 

But a wedding centred on everything other than God is unbearably miserable. Separation from God feels like hell and eventually most certainly is. 

They have made their choice of where they want to spend their eternity. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

great perspectives here

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Very few of earth's inhabitants know Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior, including at least some if not many Christians that have  Christian based wedding ceremonies that their families mortgage their homes to afford.

And what  is it half or less than half these Christian ceremonies end up in a covenant that binds  two individuals together  unbroken for all that long? I guess there  are some survey results that indicate Christians divorce at a slightly higher rate than all other people - so whoopie doo on the ceremony having some extra zing or merit.

Funerals have changed over the last half century. Today's so called Christian funeral is a happy talk session, a few testimonials about the goodness  of the person and old stories retold and recorded, and then  in some sects an evangelical  "tract" call to Jesus which  is assigned to a pastor of some sort to present, often by a man almost no one at the ceremony  knows nor will ever meet again.

All those that have never yet took time to give testimony to their family and friends  and strangers want the preacher to give a good call to Jesus at the funeral of their own departed loved one. Whoa really? Where is the consistency in that, where has the conviction the following of duty as a Christian been  all the time the now dead beloved was alive?  

The most wonderful of preacher led calls to a captive audience is nowhere near as powerful as each Christian's daily  claim  of Jesus being their Lord as they share of that in word in literature in passages  of the Bible shared and in all that is done being done to the glory of God.

Putting down wedding and funeral practices of those that do not have ceremony familiar to  some seems errant thinking to me for nothing in that so called Christian ceremony would interest me in Jesus, as I look around me at the ceremony, nothing at all. I would run fast away from such  people and the presentations they assign to others to make, instead of sharing  of our Lord  in all that  they do.  - Fact I did run away from such people in my 20 years as a funeral director and atheist. God had to remove me from all that pomp and ceremony in order to be able to get my attention, the Holy Spirit turning me about in a split instant.  

Today I am lifted not by a $50,000 dollar wedding nor a $20,000 funeral  and the assigned to a pastor speech making at such occasion.. I am awed instead by the daily sharing of any and every testimony by common bond-servants of our Lord and savior Jesus. For in their testimony I am lifted in spirit by God the Holy Spirit to a hallelujah maranatha and amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2020 at 12:15 PM, Neighbor said:

Hi, I suggest that is a fallacy an errant thinking many Christians just do not see for Christians are different from non christians. "Others" do not miss not having Jesus in ceremony, in fact most prefer not to have it because it is meaningless to them.

Plus there is little joy in  the physical death  of one's beloved  regardless of one's faith. Death hurts the survivors. The idea that is so popular among Christians today that  there must  be a life memory happy talk ceremony complete with a table of life's trinkets and merit badges and old pictures seems not to be Christ centered either, but it has become the happy ceremony that is an American funeral today  among many sects.

Death hurts, grieving is normal and actually a must. Trying to deny it prolongs the agony of it and often causes horrific after effects! Jewish tradition recognizes  that, and  it has it's process it's calendar of events related to grieving times and it's assigned time period for grieving - and it's official end. I find it  good thing, especially over the idea that hey it is all joy. No no it is not. May count it as such even though it hurts- yes, but it is very very pain filled and needs to be tended to and dealt with.

As to marriage hey that is mostly a civil contract today and not a convenant relationship. God or not. It sets rules of order and consequences on most everything a married person may do. It encompasses way more than a relationship under God.

I certain do not mean denial of the death and being joyous. Absolutely not. Through Christ we have hope and eternal life. The deep joy of that is totally different to any joys of this miserable world. 

I am saying a Christian funeral is soothing, enriching, comforting. In contrast to the utter emptiness and meaninglessness of an atheist or humanist funeral. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,708
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

In contrast to the utter emptiness and meaninglessness of an atheist or humanist funeral. 

Glad you so enjoy a good funeral! We used to put on over four thousand of 'em a year.

Historically my own Lord didn't seem especially interested one way  or another. Perhaps preferring his own disciples to not take time out to tend to such things, instead let others do it. Let the dead bury the dead....

The Holy Spirit actually ripped me away from all that so that I might actually "hear" the gospel of my Lord. Funny how life works out.

As to which kind of funeral ritual may be soothing. Hmmm? I'll say all those that do not try  to mask the hurt the real loss and instead recognize it and address it over time in a very direct manner, more than by a funeral alone.  I suppose  I'd think and say; much as does the grieving process along with funeral and other rites  of sorrow grieving and recovery that is part of both reformed and orthodox Jewish rite and custom.

I ended up dealing with so many individuals that did not allow themself to grieve and acknowledge their hurt, that I am very sensitive to this day I guess,  and very much against the idea that oh all is well it is a soothing and happy time for after all  the dead one is with God; know Jesus and be just as happy as I am about losing a loved one. seems to me that is not a great presentation. 

The loss the hurt has to be dealt with not smoothed over.

Weddings,  ha that's a whole can o worms of it's own. I think the concept - he knew her  and they were one - might be the very best concept. All the other rites get pretty much perverted in today's  pressure cooker world of oneupmanship.  

Maybe just sing a duet of  "I Got You Babe" and be done with it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I agree, God is my rock.