IGNORED

Afraid God will leave me-- I have good reason to be afraid to...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So. Ive been sexually active(sinning ) with my current bf.

Its always in the back of my mind that God will leave me as Sexual sin is done to the body instead of outside. He dwells inside. 

I just feel like I keep failing every test I come up against as a christian. Idk with him ( my be) I feel I cant let go bc I just don't want to be alone and not in the sense of not having a man.. Just alone as in having no one to really talk to aboit stresses ans stuff. 

That and I dont wwnt to deal with the shame after I break up.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

You hv freedom to choose God or lust.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest theElect777

God loves you!   He desires for you to be with Him.   He created you and understands and knows your weaknesses.   He died for you because He cares so much for you.   He absolutely does not want to lose you.   I understand where you are.   Not specifically, but understand feeling ashamed.   And how I am reading your post, it would seem your boyfriend is pushing you to have sex while making it seem if you don't he will leave.   That's not love.   Don't you want to be loved?   God is the One who loves you so much He doesn't care what you've done.   Stop beating yourself up.   You are in my prayers!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

Its always in the back of my mind that God will leave me as Sexual sin is done to the body instead of outside. He dwells inside. 

I just feel like I keep failing every test I come up against as a christian. Idk with him ( my be) I feel I cant let go bc I just don't want to be alone and not in the sense of not having a man.. Just alone as in having no one to really talk to aboit stresses ans stuff. 

A promise from our Lord Jesus Christ: 

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30). 

Your sin is forgiven: 

My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world.” (1 John 2:1-2). 

Finally, 

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39). 

Ask the Lord to help you with temptation, that He can strengthen you to turn from the sin and find a person who is best for you.  

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hello my Beloved Figure Sister,

I am totally understand your situation and I appreciate you for being open about your situation. It means you are struggling already because the truth of the word of God in you is more louder than the flesh. I believe your spirit is willing to be delivered but  your body is weak. The good news, even we are not faithful to our God the Father, He will remain faithful to us..as the Lord says, I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Just imagine the Prodigal son, how messed he did to his father…and yet when he realized and he came back. The Father forgot everything what he had done.

Just like us, no matter how big sins we did…the important is … come boldly to the throne of grace, our God the Father is merciful and just to forgive us. Remember, He is our God the Father and no one can pluck you out from the Father’s hands…He loves you unconditionally.

To balance with:

1.       Take note the Prodigal son was forgiven and accepted,  because he realized, came back along with his repented heart.

2.       Remember, God the Father gave to us a Free will and it’s up to us to choose, but the Lord says “CHOOSE LIFE” and have it more abundantly.

Lastly, if you need someone to talk just PM me my Sister.

Edited by Refresher
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  712
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  05/24/1970

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Ive been sexually active(sinning ) with my current bf.

I believe, based on Scripture, what Jesus would likely say is...leave your life of sin. It is possible that the Holy Spirit is convicting you in this particular area.

John 8:11- She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

"go, and sin no more" from the original Greek, in contextual application is more likely sin specific in this case. Jesus tells the woman to leave her life of sin of which in this case refers to the sexual sin of which she finds herself being challenged.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

It's really hard to be alone. But sin is deceiving you. As it promises good things temporarily but will kill you. And it takes away your relationship with God and your peace and your joy. King David found this out and said in the psalms return the joy of your salvation to me. If you think you will be empty if you leave your boy friend how much more empty if God is far from you. Just return and confess your sins and he will cleanse you of all the unrighteousness.  And he will give you joy and hope. We praise God for he is a forgiven God. Return to your shepherd of your soul Jesus he is there close by.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

God is not going to leave you no matter what you have done,  he cares about your situation,  Jesus paid it all on Calvary,  don't let anyone judge you,  pray to him he will help you,  do you remember the woman that was caught in adultery & the relguous leaders wanted to stone her to death,  what did Jesus do?  nothing, he just wrote on the ground,   when they kept asking him he said,  let he who is without sin cast the first stone,  then they all dropped their stones,  then Jesus asked the woman if anyone accused her when she said no then he said to her,  then neither do i condem you,  go & sin no more,  Jesus didn't judge her,  Jesus can forgive you even if you have shame

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Matthew 5:29-30 If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Jesus didn't say this, so that the whole church would be filled with believers missing their body parts.
Jesus said this to teach us how to deal with our desires and sins. Do all you can to not let yourself to be tempted.
Jesus didn't say here to face our desires or to make ourselves immune to our desires. No, He said to cutt of the things that causes us to sin. To do that seriously and with dedication, trusting in Him.

Following your own desires leads to sin. Following Jesus leads to life.
Cutting off the things that causes you to sin, makes the way easier for you to follow Him.

(I don't know your situation, but)
You could get married, that would solve the problem of fornication.
You could not live together and only meet in public places. That would cut off chances for desires to come up.

One way or the other, you have a choice to choose Jesus or something else. Only by faith in Him, you can make the right choice.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

This makes me think of Judah, who on the way home from a business trip visited what he thought was a prostitute, it turns out it was his dead sons wife, she became pregnant, and as head of the household was going to have her put to death, when she says you are the father.

Read around here for the story.

Gen 38:15  When Judah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot; because she had covered her face.