• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Who will God blot out of his book?

And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book. Exodus 32:33

Who will God NOT blot out:

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. Revelation 3:5

Who is he that overcometh?

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:5

My understanding is that the overcomers are believing Israel. Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus, that Jesus is the Son of God (John 20:31 1 John 5:13). They are being urged to overcome in order to have a full entrance into the coming kingdom and to inherit all things.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. Revelation 21:7

Believing Israel will enter the kingdom and receive full reward. This is a physical deliverance not eternal life. Their eternal life is based on faith in Christ, that he is the Son of God.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1 hour ago, douge said:

Who is he that overcometh?

Those fulfilled the requirement of a covenant applied to them. The Jews are supposed to be God's chosen people. It is thus said with a presumption that their names are in the book.

Edited by Hawkins

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

“The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.” (Revelation 3:5) 

What is conquering? 

And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” (Revelation 12:11) 

“This means that God’s holy people must endure persecution patiently, obeying his commands and maintaining their faith in Jesus.” (Revelation 14:12) 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

God will not blot out anyone from the book of life. God knows before we are even born if we will be in the book of life. A true believer is kept secure by the power of God, sealed for the day of redemption Ephesians 4:30. The unbelievers will not be in the book to begin with. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

5 hours ago, douge said:

Who will God blot out of his book

Majoring in minor matters, what evidence do you have that ' this book ' is the Lambs book of life?

Then there are the repeated promises of Jesus that he will not loose any of his people.

Given the lengths to which Jesus went to so we might be saved, just what lengths will he go to to ensure we are saved?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I do not believe the book of life is the lambs book. There are other books also talked about in the Word. "and books were opened"

I personally believe the book of life is about this life.. explains allot. Then the lambs book.. so forth so on.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

A great segway to evangelize Muslims is that in their Koran is books in heaven, and we csn tell them, there is an important book in Heaven, The Lamb’s Book of Life, to be added in it you must caste off Allah, and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as your God and Savior.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Even Moses asked God to blot him out of the book of life. Why is that? Must be a record in heaven ....... Shalom.

Exodus 2:[29] For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves to day to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.
[30] And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
[31] And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
[32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

18 hours ago, Who me said:

Majoring in minor matters, what evidence do you have that ' this book ' is the Lambs book of life?

Then there are the repeated promises of Jesus that he will not loose any of his people.

Given the lengths to which Jesus went to so we might be saved, just what lengths will he go to to ensure we are saved?

Point taken, but Revelation 3:5 still stands in identifying who will not be blotted out of the book of life as those who overcomes. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

20 hours ago, douge said:

Point taken, but Revelation 3:5 still stands in identifying who will not be blotted out of the book of life as those who overcomes. 

Ultimately there is only one piece of evidence that anyone is a Christian and that is, that they are there in heaven.

It is why there is so much about not sinning, be careful one does not fall etc etc.

We have to endure, to strive to continue to the end, those who don't were never saved in the first place.