IGNORED

Proposition: There Is No Bible-Verse Argument For A Future Antichrist.

JAG**

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Or another question. Will your name be written in or blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life. Much more important.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

2 hours ago, SONshine said:

@Marathoner

We are in a war, Marathoner.  We are in the latter days, and false doctrine is as serious as it gets.  Why?  Because our eternal life and that of our brothers and sisters is at stake.  Because of deception and false doctrine, many will be deceived when THE Antichrist, (the spurious messiah/the false messiah) appears, and he will; it is written in the entirety of God’s Word.  We have been warned over and over again.  That’s why our Father tells us in Hosea 4:6, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”  Some of us here are trying our best to warn others.  This is no time to be politically correct or worry about hurting someone’s feelings.  This is the time to stand for Truth.  

Your enemy is not your sibling in Christ, @SONshine

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Montana Marv said:

Or another question.

Will your name be written in or blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life. Much more important.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You tell me what you think Marv? You quoted me where I said the following. 

{And you did read the quote BEFORE you quoted it, didn't you?}

Marv Quoted JAG Where JAG Wrote:

I am an orthodox Bible believing born again Christian.

My wife and I attend a Bible believing Baptist-type Christian church
along with our grown children and our 6 grandchildren.

I believe the following with all my mind, heart, and soul:

I believe in the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus. That He is fully God. (John 1: 1-5)

I believe in the Virgin Birth of the Lord Jesus.

I believe in the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and free from all error. (2 Timothy 3:14-17)

I believe in the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus.

I believe in a coming Judgment.

I believe that salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus' death
on the Cross where He died to pay for our sins. Ephesians 2:8

I believe in John 3:16 with all my heart.

I believe in all the orthodox doctrinal Protestant Creeds. That is, I am a Bible believing Protestant
in my faith and practice.___JAG

End quote

"Or another question. Will your name be written in or

blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life. Much more

important."___Marv

_________

So whadda ya think Marv? Will I go to Hell or to Heaven?

2 minutes ago, JAG** said:

You tell me what you think Marv? You quoted me where I said the following. 

{And you did read the quote BEFORE you quoted it, didn't you?}

Marv Quoted JAG Where JAG Wrote:

I am an orthodox Bible believing born again Christian.

My wife and I attend a Bible believing Baptist-type Christian church
along with our grown children and our 6 grandchildren.

I believe the following with all my mind, heart, and soul:

I believe in the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus. That He is fully God. (John 1: 1-5)

I believe in the Virgin Birth of the Lord Jesus.

I believe in the Resurrection of the Lord Jesus.

I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God and free from all error. (2 Timothy 3:14-17)

I believe in the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus.

I believe in a coming Judgment.

I believe that salvation is by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus' death
on the Cross where He died to pay for our sins. Ephesians 2:8

I believe in John 3:16 with all my heart.

I believe in all the orthodox doctrinal Protestant Creeds. That is, I am a Bible believing Protestant
in my faith and practice.___JAG

End quote

"Or another question. Will your name be written in or

blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life. Much more

important."___Marv

_________

So whadda ya think Marv? Will I go to Hell or to Heaven?

I have no idea. Not my call.

In Christ

Montana Marv

just generic to all.  Lord did we not ..blank.. or ..blank.. in your name. His response. I never knew you.

• Well Said! 1

Yes credentials are nice. An unbeliver cares little about credentials. You don't need to sway me. You need to sway them.

What was learned from this thread.

What I got was that what many commentary writers believe is bogus. Rome the 4th empire was still in it's hayday and hadn't become feet and toes of iron and clay. So no The Antichrists there. Not scriptural. He only appears during the time of the feet and toes of iron and clay. We are not there yet.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,071
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

17 hours ago, douggg said:

Could you please copy and paste the verse.    I think you are working off memory, "THAT" Anti-Christ", is not what John said.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

That Anti-christ shall come is referring to a single entity, we know this via the very next part of the verse that states EVEN NOW, Many Anti-Christs are come...................................the later being about MANY who are anti-christ in general, thus the FORMER must be about "that SPECIFIC Anti-Christ", not the MANY who are here now (at that time). It is obviously pointing to ONE MAN, since later in the same verse he describes MANY who are anti-christs now. 

17 hours ago, douggg said:

John was not saying "that antichrist",  but...  as ye have heard that "antichrist shall come".

Not so brother, else he would have used the PLURAL, like he did later on in the same verse. This is why I can get to the bottom of these things, I test all angles. John is not going to say that anti-christ shall come, and then say MANY anti-christ'sssssss are here now, hes pointing to a SINGLE INDIVIDUAL, the ONE MAN I point out in Dan. 7:11 and Rev. 19:20 which is cast into hell fire. If he was not pointing to ONE FUTURE Anti-Christ he would have just stated that MANY anti-christs are here now and will continue coming. 

18 hours ago, douggg said:

It is one single person, but you are making the wrong argument, sentence structure wise.    

"that" as used in the verse just introduces the clause "antichrist shall come".

as ye have heard that ......................."antichrist shall come".

I am making the right argument, you just let the Olde English confuse you it seems. THAT Anti-Christ shall come bypasses the MANY Anti-Christs, with an S......The plural would have been all that was needed, unless John was pointing out THAT SPECIFIC MAN which was yet to come. Its like him saying, I am telling you that the Man of Sin is coming, EVEN NOW the world is full of people who love sin. 

Now say it like this.....without the......THE in it !!

I am telling you THAT "Man of Sin" will come, EVEN NOW there are many men who love sin.

The Old English just left the "THE" OUT.....Else it would make much better sense. But its like reading the sentences where they put the first letter and last letter of the word in a whole paragraph, we can still understand every word and thus the paragraph. I have a way of understanding Old English, its hard for some. I get that.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64

500  antichristos

antichrist (one who opposes Christ)
antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah

from

473 anti  and  (5547 Christ) 
opposite to, in place of , hence instead of, denotes contrast, requital, substitution, correspondence
properly, opposite to Christ:
someone acting in place of (against)  Christ  - "antichrist"

the adversary of the Messiah, 

SUCH AS IN

Daniel 11:36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished for that that is determined shall be done.

So we either believe there is an ADVERSARY COMING OR WE DON'T

WHATEVER YOU MAY CALL HIM 

So much of Gods precious time spent making Satan happy.  

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, JAG** said:

I think we are about done here. It is pointless to keep doing this.

What you said is incorrect. I have explained  it many times.

Copy and paste your explanation of how them John was writing to had already heard that antichrist shall come?      They had heard antichrist shall come before John wrote his letter.

What was their basis and what concept did they have of the antichrist, before John even wrote to them, with his 1John letter?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next question:

Since Anti-christ is composed of the prefix "Anti" added to "Christ" - what is your understanding of the term Christ?       I can tell you (the) Christ - means the promised great King of Israel, descended from David.

How many of the "even now there are many antichrists" - were anointed the King of Israel?    None.  Zero.    Because John was likening those individuals who were exhibiting traits similar to the singular coming antichrist - who will be the King of Israel - as being foreshadows of the coming antichrist.

Edited by douggg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, JAG** said:

You will live out your days KNOWING that I just spoke the absolute 

truth to you.

You have not spoken the absolute truth.     You have spoken confusion (unintentionally).

John was not writing that there would not be a singular antichrist person who shall come.   

Them who John was writing to already had heard about that person coming, and understood the concept of the antichrist as someone who will be anointed the King of Israel, coming in his own name - instead of and in opposition (anti) that Jesus is the true christ - the rightful king of Israel coming in the name of the Lord.

John wrote that even now there are many antichrists -  which you are not getting - John was describing as fore shadows of the coming antichrist person - that John AND  his fellow Christians were already aware of.

There is going to be a singular antichrist person that the Jews are going to embrace, thinking he is messiah (which them speaking greek at the time of the woman at the well - called christ, christos).    And that person will be anointed the King of Israel, but he comes in his own name.    Meaning that person is not the person that God approves of nor has chosen to be their King.

It took 24 pages of discussion to get to this point.    But well worth the time and effort.    Truth is received from the mind of Christ.

Edited by douggg
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I agree that this thread has run its course.

Perhaps a fresh new start?

• Alive locked this topic