Markesmith

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

genesis chapter six....   the only things that the bible relates to as sons of God are heavenly beings and Adam at that time...    so unless Adam was messing around with his offspring, it has to be the fallen heavenly beings that we call angels...

and the fact that Angels do not marry in heaven does not negate what Genesis says...    so I'm going for it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/6/2020 at 12:26 PM, Markesmith said:
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sonsof God came in unto the daughters ofmen, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

First point: the fallen angels can never be given an honourable title! Sons of God is a refernce to obedeint faithful children of God and never to rebelious enemies of God! It would be blasphemy!

Second point: all christians would be fallen angels! 

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. 

Third point: angels are pure spirits and have no body, no ability to reproduce. 

Thanks

For the record friend, in case you are keeping score....count me out here. I think you are wrong in your thinking and interpretation of scripture. Sorry...

spock

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, other one said:

genesis chapter six....   the only things that the bible relates to as sons of God are heavenly beings and Adam at that time...    so unless Adam was messing around with his offspring, it has to be the fallen heavenly beings that we call angels...

and the fact that Angels do not marry in heaven does not negate what Genesis says...    so I'm going for it.

What about jn 1 sons of God?

7 hours ago, Markesmith said:

What about jn 1 sons of God?

John 1:11-12

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
KJV
this is talking about people who have been born spiritually as Gods direct creation spiritually.   it is not talking about the general mankind which is what I said....    before his resurrection which gave us the ability to be born into the family of God all the sons of God were heavenly beings that we generally refer to as angels...   and angels is what Genesis Chapter Six is all about.  Angels leaving there natural positions and coming to earth and creating offspring with the "Daughters of men"

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

On 8/10/2020 at 5:09 PM, other one said:

Yes and if you dare, read Enoch. At least two apostles quote Enoch in the new Testament and others allude to the Divine Council settings. Supernatural 'stuff' is shied away in our current church atmosphere, so few will ever be able to relate to it as well informed believers. The Principalities and Powers love our ignorance as it assists with their daily and hourly misinformation exploits.

40 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Yes and if you dare, read Enoch. At least two apostles quote Enoch in the new Testament and others allude to the Divine Council settings. Supernatural 'stuff' is shied away in our current church atmosphere, so few will ever be able to relate to it as well informed believers. The Principalities and Powers love our ignorance as it assists with their daily and hourly misinformation exploits.

have been reading 1 Enoch for about 50 years....   but I don't quote it to people until I get to know them for if they don't accept it, it throws a kink into the discussion.  If you quote something they don't think is reliable they don't listen to anything you say...   Enoch comes later in the discussion when they first understand, then they can get the details.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, other one said:

have been reading 1 Enoch for about 50 years....   but I don't quote it to people until I get to know them for if they don't accept it, it throws a kink into the discussion.  If you quote something they don't think is reliable they don't listen to anything you say...   Enoch comes later in the discussion when they first understand, then they can get the details.

I think Dr Heiser is in the process of writing a new book about how Gen 6 and 1st Enoch, plus other Qumran texts, are pivotal in understanding our world and the supernatural elements that play out in our daily lives. Right now Dr Heiser's book Unseen Realm has been acclaimed by what I see as a 'middle earth' thirst for understanding. I know we are on the right track, and understand your reticence since the undercurrent of major disinformation has dogged us since the second century. I see it as Providential that a year before Israel came back to their land, Qumran was discovered. There is no such thing as 'coincidence'.

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

I think Dr Heiser is in the process of writing a new book about how Gen 6 and 1st Enoch, plus other Qumran texts, are pivotal in understanding our world and the supernatural elements that play out in our daily lives. Right now Dr Heiser's book Unseen Realm has been acclaimed by what I see as a 'middle earth' thirst for understanding. I know we are on the right track, and understand your reticence since the undercurrent of major disinformation has dogged us since the second century. I see it as Providential that a year before Israel came back to their land, Qumran was discovered. There is no such thing as 'coincidence'.

I have listened to so many of his video's and interviews that I seldom learn anything from his books.   They are great if you are not familiar with him..

I agree with him that we really don't understand all the context of the Bible without the understanding of the Watchers and what they did to the planet earth.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

Jn6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

was Judas a fallen angel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 minutes ago, Markesmith said:

was Judas a fallen angel

No. The devil entered into him. There are variances of believing when exactly it occurred. 

1. Apologetics Press - When Did Satan Enter Judas?

According to John’s gospel account, “Satan entered” Judas during the meal (13:27). Luke, however, recorded that “Satan entered Judas” prior to the Passover meal (22

2. Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him.” Then, at the Passover meal in John 13:27, Satan entered Judas to take possession of him. 2. Others believe that Satan entered Judas on two different occasions. The fact that a second entrance into Judas is mentioned implies that Satan exited from him after the first entrance. According to

• File Size: 120KB
    • Page Count: 1
  3. When Did Satan Enter Judas? - Dr. Ray Pritchard ...

On two separate occasions we read that Satan “entered” Judas. Luke 22:3 says that Satan entered Judas just before he approached the chief priests to offer to betray Jesus. John 13:27 says that Satan entered Judas just after he took the bread at the Last Supper and just before he left to lead the chief priests to find Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane.

4. When Did Satan Enter Judas? | Keep Believing Ministries

Mar 01, 2016 · John 13:27 says that Satan entered Judas just after he took the bread at the Last Supper and just before he left to lead the chief priests to find Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. What can we conclude from this? First, his heart was never right. He never truly believed.