Peterlag

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We have the power of the Holy Spirit within us, the same power that raised Christ from the grave.  To utilize the potential we must walk in obedience, walking in the Spirit and following His leading.  However, our flesh still gets in the way even when we are doing our best.  God continues to remove the dross through trials, yet we are not faultless till we go to be with the Lord.  So the full potential to do God's will is never reached in this life.  Jesus said in acts 1 that He gave us this power to witness.  It is still God who does the work of saving and transforming people.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Alive, you seriously misunderstood what I said. I never ever say anything against Jesus, God or the Bible. You better reread what I said. I'm a Christian for 40 yrs. You attacked me for no reason. You owe me an apology.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Alive, you seriously misunderstood what I said. I never ever say anything against Jesus, God or the Bible. You better reread what I said. I'm a Christian for 40 yrs. You attacked me for no reason. You owe me an apology.

Looks to me that this happened:

On 8/12/2020 at 2:35 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

All scripture from the NASB.

Why do some of you have a problem with Jesus Christ, this is a Christian web site. If you deny Jesus you shouldn't even be posting here.

I think that if you were misunderstood, you should want to explain why you would quote a person who cited which version of the Bible was used, then reply to that with a comment about people having a problem with Jesus. Honestly, it looks uncalled for and bizarre, and it would be a normal reaction to wonder why on earth you would do such a thing. You are now expecting an apology for a perfectly normal and legitimate response? I don't get it at all. What is the connection between mentioning the NASB and asking why some people have a problem with Jesus! Inquiring minds want to know!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/19/2020 at 6:45 PM, Willa said:

We have the power of the Holy Spirit within us, the same power that raised Christ from the grave.  To utilize the potential we must walk in obedience, walking in the Spirit and following His leading.  However, our flesh still gets in the way even when we are doing our best.  God continues to remove the dross through trials, yet we are not faultless till we go to be with the Lord.  So the full potential to do God's will is never reached in this life.  Jesus said in acts 1 that He gave us this power to witness.  It is still God who does the work of saving and transforming people.

Speak for yourself. My flesh does not get in the way. It's been crucified with Christ. It's dead... completely dead in him.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 8/11/2020 at 3:01 AM, Peterlag said:

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

WE ARE CONNECTED MORE THAN WE REALIZE.

I personally love and agree with the original post (I did remove the verses).
True believers DO have Christ in them. The power to the Spirit and Christ have changed me! I have received the blessings in Gal. 5:22-23 and it is wonderful!  Those blessings have allowed me to repair or improve relationships! 
 Jesus has not given me the power to heal, but I do have the blessing of teaching others finances I or church. 
I have not yet been given the power moved a mountain, but I have run a homeless ministry at my church for years. (prior to my true conversion, I would not have been interested). 
I have witnessed to many in my family. 

The "power", to me, is different for each person, for our level of faith, and for what is needed at the time. 

Good stuff Peterlag!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

4 hours ago, WayneS said:

I personally love and agree with the original post (I did remove the verses).
True believers DO have Christ in them. The power to the Spirit and Christ have changed me! I have received the blessings in Gal. 5:22-23 and it is wonderful!  Those blessings have allowed me to repair or improve relationships! 
 Jesus has not given me the power to heal, but I do have the blessing of teaching others finances I or church. 
I have not yet been given the power moved a mountain, but I have run a homeless ministry at my church for years. (prior to my true conversion, I would not have been interested). 
I have witnessed to many in my family. 

The "power", to me, is different for each person, for our level of faith, and for what is needed at the time. 

Good stuff Peterlag!

I spent many years wrestling with moving the mountain until one day I woke up and said wait a cotton picking minute here. I was taught wrong. I don't move the mountain. The Scripture is whatsoever you should say in my name (by my authority) because it's him that moves the mountain. The power is in him. By his authority. I write a good deal about this that can be viewed from my website.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

On that day when I reached the end of this flesh on that road, I walked in the shadow of death.
Having accounted myself dead I cried out to Jesus Christ who called my name long ago:
I have failed You! I fled from Your presence and pursued my lusts;
In shame I sought to forget Your holy name for I was not worthy to abide in You.   

The Spirit of the Lord descended and the shadow of death fled before Him;
In the brilliance of His coming I couldn't see nor speak,
For this was such an impossible thing and I was undone...
This is the work the Almighty accomplished in me, His wayward son: 

I would deny this flesh and having denied myself,
Lay down my life for a friend at the end of that road. 
This was my acceptable sacrifice unto the Lord who surely did the same for me;
And not just for me, but for us all: purchasing us with His blood from this world of sin and death. 

Therefore I died with Christ that day and being dead, I was buried with Him;
And as He rose to the glory of God the Son of God lifted me up,
So His holy name might be glorified in me,
Just as the holy name of our Father in heaven is glorified in Him.

The mind that dwells on sin, dwells in sin. Just the same, eyes that behold this flesh dwell in this flesh. We who are in Christ are born of Him. When our eyes are fixated upon the Son of God then we no longer walk in the desires of this flesh but rather, after the will of He who dwells in us. There is more:

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. (John 17:11)

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:21-23)

This is the unlimited potential within us, those who have died with Christ and who are raised with Him. As the Son is one with the Father, we are one with the Son... and we are one with each other.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

On 8/11/2020 at 3:01 AM, Peterlag said:

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

When he was circumcised, we were circumcised with him.
(Colossians 2:11)

When he was baptized, we were baptized with him.
(Romans 6:3)

When he was crucified, we were crucified with him.
(Galatians 2:20)

When he died, we died with him.
(Galatians 2:20)

When he was buried, we were buried with him.
(Colossians 2:12)

When he arose, we arose with him.
(Ephesians 2:6)

When he ascended, we ascended with him.

When he sat down, we sat down with him.

We were called in him. (Romans 8:29-30)
We were made alive with him. (Colossians 2:13)
We were baptized into him. (Romans 6:3)
We were reconciled in him. (Romans 5:10)
We were redeemed by him. (1 Peter 1:18-19)
We were justified in him. (Romans 3:24)
We were made righteous in him. (Romans 5:16-18)
We were sanctified in him. (1 Corinthians 6:11)
We were glorified in him. (Romans 8:30)

WE ARE CONNECTED MORE THAN WE REALIZE.

I don't think we all have unlimited potential. We have each been given unique talents and abilities. We are told that some are given the gift of prophesy, some of teaching, some of service etc etc. Together we make up the body of Christ.  If we all that the potential to be everything, we would not need each other.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

11 hours ago, Peterlag said:

Speak for yourself. My flesh does not get in the way. It's been crucified with Christ. It's dead... completely dead in him.

You are human. Even the apostles had this struggle.

Matthew 26: 40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Ozarkbound said:

You are human. Even the apostles had this struggle.

Matthew 26: 40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

When did this occur? Had the Spirit fallen on them yet?

Paul clearly tells us in Romans 8 that we are no longer in the flesh and owe it NOTHING. Yes, we still have physical bodies and thus temptations that accompany them. BUT, temptation is not sin.  Yielding to it is. 

Yes, in our own strength, we waver. But when a man or woman reckons themselves as truly dead to sin, dead to self, and alive to God, the promises of God are finally released to see to it that we are kept by the power of God through faith. God has told us that if our shield of faith is raised, we will walk victorious over all the arrows satan casts at us. Amen?

We are not told to being our bodies under control. We are told to KEEP them  under, from the point of victory, not from trying to gain the victory.  

blessings, 

Gids