IGNORED

Was the resurrection of the dead in 70 AD?

Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, iamlamad said:

It was Israel who took on Syria, Jordan and Egypt and kicked thier butts. It was Israel who took control of the seven heads(seven hilled city of Jerusalem.) That's old news.  

Perhaps you are thinking of the last war?  If so, then I see where you are coming from here. I agree, Israel got Jerusalem back. 

Yes, this war. 

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-24.htm

They did get it back for now. 

But those ten nations will unite to take it back in the end. When they have defeated the witnesses who will be defending Jerusalem. Then will come the end. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

A good docu-drama of AD 70.  can be seen in the Video section.

It was no small battle. It was prolonged and Jerusalem was well defended.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

A good docu-drama of AD 70. 

It was no small battle. It was prolonged and Jerusalem was well defended.

Well worth the watch for those interested, but if you could in the future, please submit videos in the proper section so they can be embedded properly.  I took care of it this time and will include the video in this post as the link in your post will be edited out.  Thanks :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Well worth the watch for those interested, but if you could in the future, please submit videos in the proper section so they can be embedded properly.  I took care of it this time and will include the video in this post as the link in your post will be edited out.  Thanks :)

Thanks brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

18 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Yes, this war. 

https://biblehub.com/daniel/7-24.htm

They did get it back for now. 

But those ten nations will unite to take it back in the end. When they have defeated the witnesses who will be defending Jerusalem. Then will come the end. 

Jesus says on the cross in....,

John 19:28-30

It Is Finished

28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”

29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 

30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

The End has already happened when Jesus died. To finish something is to bring it to a completion or bring to an End. 

Mathew 16:28,

Truly I say to you, there are some of those standing here who shall not taste of death until they have seen the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Mathew 24:34,

Truly I say to you that this generation will not have passed away until all these things shall have taken place.

The end has already happened when Jesus dies on the cross. But the End has to be manifested in us when we have died to our fleshly nature and have been born from above. The end has been manifested in every generation in souls since Jesus died on the cross and sent the Holy Spirit to reside in us as that Kingdom the son of Man comes into as the scripture I have quoted already in Mathew 16:28.
That end comes when we either die physically or when we die to the Adamic nature and receive Christ’s nature by being born of God. We miss things in the scriptures when we try to look for some physical or literal manifestation of how we interpret scripture.

The resurrection of the Dead happens when we make the transition from death to life. From self or the old nature unto Christ is simple a resurrection of the dead: But I would say most Christians interpret this only by a physical resurrection of a physical body. I believe that’s why many Christians stumble at understanding scripture. 

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore, if anyone (is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

John 11:25,

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

This is when the Resurrection happens according to these scriptures!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47

14 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Jesus says on the cross in....,

John 19:28-30

It Is Finished

28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”

29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 

30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

The End has already happened when Jesus died. To finish something is to bring it to a completion or bring to an End. 

Mathew 16:28,

Truly I say to you, there are some of those standing here who shall not taste of death until they have seen the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

Mathew 24:34,

Truly I say to you that this generation will not have passed away until all these things shall have taken place.

The end has already happened when Jesus dies on the cross. But the End has to be manifested in us when we have died to our fleshly nature and have been born from above. The end has been manifested in every generation in souls since Jesus died on the cross and sent the Holy Spirit to reside in us as that Kingdom the son of Man comes into as the scripture I have quoted already in Mathew 16:28.
That end comes when we either die physically or when we die to the Adamic nature and receive Christ’s nature by being born of God. We miss things in the scriptures when we try to look for some physical or literal manifestation of how we interpret scripture.

The resurrection of the Dead happens when we make the transition from death to life. From self or the old nature unto Christ is simple a resurrection of the dead: But I would say most Christians interpret this only by a physical resurrection of a physical body. I believe that’s why many Christians stumble at understanding scripture. 

2 Corinthians 5:17

17 Therefore, if anyone (is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

John 11:25,

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

This is when the Resurrection happens according to these scriptures!!

Perhaps you are just unfamiliar with the scriptures concerning the time of the end. 

You might believe the end was 2000 years ago but it's not. Life went on even after Jesus died on the cross. The prophecies concerning the time of the end concerning Israel and Jerusalem are found in many books in the Bible and this is just one of those verses that hasn't been fulfilled concerning the time of the end. It has nothing to do with Jesus dieing on the cross. 

https://biblehub.com/niv/daniel/11-40.htm

Now if you will notice, it states in the verse, "at the time of the end" 

This is the end I was refering to. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 8/20/2020 at 10:42 PM, Retrobyter said:

Sorry, but the AOD occurred in 66 A.D. and the believers at that time took off, as instructed, to the mountains of Israel, most of whom ended up in a little town called "Pella" on the east side of the Jordan River.

Nothing of which you provided spoke of an "abomination of desolation" being set up in the Holy Place. That term is specially used to describe the placing of an idolatrous image, not merely the act of some heathen entering into the Temple.

Deut. 7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. 26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Dan. 11:31 And forces shall be mustered by him [Antiochus Epiphanes], and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily services, and place there the abomination of desolation.

Note the distinction between merely defiling the sanctuary versus the placing of the abomination of desolation. The latter event never occurred during the Jewish war of 66-73 AD, nor under the Babylonians in 588 BC. The only time such a thing took place in Jewish history was under the reign of Antiochus in 168 BC.

So your history is accurate, but your interpretation of it in light of biblical prophecy is not.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,589
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 8/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, WilliamL said:

Nothing of which you provided spoke of an "abomination of desolation" being set up in the Holy Place. That term is specially used to describe the placing of an idolatrous image, not merely the act of some heathen entering into the Temple.

Shalom, WilliamL.

Sorry, been distracted for a while.

Well, first of all, the "abomination of desolation," which means "the desolation's abomination" or "the desolation's disgusting thing" doesn't NEED to be "set up" in the Holy Place. It just needs to be STANDING in the Holy Place. And, as a disgusting Gentile, who IS a "disgusting thing" in the eyes of the Jews of Yeshua`s day, Gessius Florus, who indeed was STANDING IN THE HOLY PLACE that day that he and his band entered to loot the Temple "on behalf of the Roman emperor," fit the bill. 

You need to remember that these words are REAL words with REAL definitions and uses in the Hebrew language. Don't make them a LABEL coined for some specific event in history! When you do, they lose their impact.

On 8/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, WilliamL said:

Deut. 7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. 26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Dan. 11:31 And forces shall be mustered by him [Antiochus Epiphanes], and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily services, and place there the abomination of desolation.

Note the distinction between merely defiling the sanctuary versus the placing of the abomination of desolation. The latter event never occurred during the Jewish war of 66-73 AD, nor under the Babylonians in 588 BC. The only time such a thing took place in Jewish history was under the reign of Antiochus in 168 BC.

So your history is accurate, but your interpretation of it in light of biblical prophecy is not.

Perhaps, you just need to see these phrases in the Hebrew to understand them better:

Daniel 9:26-27 (JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH, transliterated)

26 V'achareey hashshaaVu`iym shishiym uwshnayim yikaareet Maashiyach v'eeyn low v-haa'iyr v-haqqodesh yashchiyt `am nagiyd habaa' vqitstsow bashshetef v`ad qeets milhaamaah necheretset shomeemowt:
27 Vhigbiyr briyt laarabiym shavuwa` echad vachatsiy hashshaavuwa` yashbiyt zevah uwminchah v`al knaf shiqquwtsiym m-shomeem v`ad kaalaah vnecheraatsaah tittakh `al shomeem:

26 V'achareey = 26 And-after
hashshaaVu`iym = the-Sevens
shishiym = sixty
uwshnayim = and-two
yikaareet = shall-be-cut-off
Maashiyach = Messiah; Anointed-One
v'eeyn = and-nothing
low = for-Himself
v-haa'iyr = and-the-city
v-haqqodesh = and-the-holy-[place]
yashchiyt = shall-destroy
`am = a-people
nagiyd = of-a-prince
habaa' = the-comer
vqitstsow = and-his-end
bashshetef = in-a-flood
v`ad = and-until
qeets = an-end
milhaamaah = of-the-war
necheretset = are-determined
shomeemowt: = desolations:
27 Vhigbiyr = 27-and-shall-confirm/strengthen
briyt = a-covenant
laarabiym = to/for-many
shavuwa` = Seven
echad = one
vachatsiy = and-in-the-middle
hashshaavuwa` = of-the-Seven
yashbiyt = shall-bring-an-end-to
zevah = burnt-offering
uwminchah = and-gift
v`al = and-against
knaf = a spread-out-wing
shiqquwtsiym = of-disgusting-things
m-shomeem = shall-desolate

v`ad = and-until
kaalaah = a-consummation/an-ending
vnecheraatsaah = and-that-determined/decided
tittakh = shall-be-poured-out
 `al = against/upon
shomeem: = [the]-desolate:

Daniel 11:31 (JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH, transliterated)

31 Uwzro`iym mimmennuw ya`amoduw vhilluw hammiqdash hammaa`owz vheeciyruw hattaamiyd vnaatnuw hashshiqquwts mshowmeem:

31 Uwzro`iym = 31 And-forces
mimmennuw = by-him
ya`amoduw = shall-be-mustered
vhilluw = and-they-shall-defile
hammiqdash = the-sanctuary
hammaa`owz = the-fortress
vheeciyruw = and-they-shall-take-away
hattaamiyd = the-daily-[sacrifices]
vnaatnuw = and-place-[there]
hashshiqquwts = the-abomination/disgusting-thing
mshowmeem: = of-desolation
:

Deuteronomy 7:25-26 (JPS Hebrew-English TANAKH, transliterated)

25 Pciyleey eloheeyhem tisrfuwn baa'eesh lo' tachmod kecef vzaahaaV `aleeyhem vlaaqachtaa laakh pen tiuwqeesh bow kiy tow`aVat YHWH Eloheikhaa huw':
26 Vlo' taaViy' toweeVah el-beeytekhaa vhaayiytaa cheerem kaamohuw shaqqeets tshaqtsennuw vta`eeV tta`aVennuw kiy-cheerem huw':

25 Pciyleey = 25 Carved-images
eloheeyhem = of-their-gods
tisrfuwn = you-shall-burn
baa'eesh = in-the-fire
lo' = not
tachmod = you-shall-covet
kecef = silver
vzaahaaV = or-gold
`aleeyhem = that's-on-them
vlaaqachtaa = nor-take-it
laakh = to-themselves
pen = lest
tiuwqeesh = you-be-snared
bow = in-it
kiy = for
tow`aVat = an-abomination-to
YHWH = YHWH; the-LORD
Eloheikhaa = your-God
huw': = it-[is]:
26 Vlo' = 26 And/or-not; Nor
taaViy' = shall-you-bring
toweeVah = an-abomination
el-= into
beeytekhaa = your-house
vhaayiytaa = and-lest-you-be
cheerem = doomed-to-destruction
kaamohuw = like-it
shaqqeets = utterly
tshaqtsennuw = you-shall-detest-it
vta`eeV = and-utterly
tta`aVennuw = abhor-it
kiy- = for
cheerem = an-accursed-thing
huw': = it-[is]:

The point is this: Deuteronomy 7:25-26 isn't as close to either Daniel 9:26-27 or to Daniel 11:31 as it might look in English. You've got to know what your talking about before talking about it!

• 11 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Was the resurrection of the dead in 70 AD?

At this time, from what I know, took place the Jewish Diaspora