• Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 12:52 AM, Markesmith said:

Charismatic?

speak in tongues?

why is the no flame over your head?

Paul said -`I thank my God I speak with tongues more than you all.` (1 Cor. 14: 18)

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

He also said prophesying was GREATER than tongues(1Corinthians-14:5)...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 8/16/2020 at 9:22 AM, Markesmith said:

Charismatic?

speak in tongues?

Your? Who spoke John 3:16-17? The same that spoke Luke 11:13. Do we believe John 3:16-17? Then we believe do what GOD said through Christ.

Forgive me but if we are to play this game then "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

So to the op are you casting out devils and speaking with new tongues? Laying hands on the sick and they recover?

You do know it was that moment right? They didn't for the rest of their life walk around with some fire over their head. Who is to say it does not still happen? I did ask the Father for the Holy Spirit and He gave it as He said He would. I did exactly as He spoke in His word. And I do speak in tongues. Yes.. I do also cast out demons speak in new tongues... don't pick up serpents.. I have picked up snakes to toss them out of the way.. unless I never knew it.. didn't drink any deadly thing... NEVER test God on that..not how that works (drinking deadly things). I do lay hands on the sick. Well its as my bothers Peter and John said its no us.. its FAITH IN THAT NAME! Yeshua/Jesus Christ king of kings lord of Lords.. oh praise GOD AWESOME.. holy holy holy is our lord GOD almighty

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

There is so much false teaching within the Charismatic movement it is difficult to separate Biblical truth from self-serving beliefs of some preachers.  Some believe the language that passes for Charismatic utterances has passed away, some don't.  I have spoken in tongues, laying on of hands, etc., all in Jesus name.  Nothing is done in my power, only in the name of Jesus.  I believe the Bible and the words of the prophets and Jesus meet all my needs.  So while I will lay on hands for the sick, I no longer speak in tongues.  I speak in known languages.  I've had partial prophesies enter my consciousness, but nothing I was 100% sure of.  I have been filled with the Holy Spirit for many years now who has enabled me to discern biblical truth from wishful thinking.  Praise be to God.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
changed bands to hands - spellchecker error
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 8/16/2020 at 11:22 AM, Markesmith said:

Charismatic?

speak in tongues?

Peter didn't ask that when those in Acts 10 spoke with tongues. Neither did Jesus say in Acts 1:8 that everytime the Holy Spirit would come upon believers that the flame would be over their heads. Jesus was baptized when the Holy Spirit came upon him like a dove. Did a dove go with him everywhere?

At the Pentecost event the Holy Spirit sat upon them like a flame. There was no literal flame. Not over their heads. But in their hearts. The flame is metaphoric to a cleansing of their hearts. As it says in Acts 15:8-9.

Edited by Joulre2abba
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

At the Pentecost event the Holy Spirit sat upon them like a flame. There was no literal flame. Not over their heads. But in their hearts. The flame is metaphoric to a cleansing of their hearts. As it says in Acts 15:8-9.

This cannot be proven by the text itself and to place assumption upon God's Word is a dangerous thing....

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

14 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This cannot be proven by the text itself and to place assumption upon God's Word is a dangerous thing....

You have mistaken the text to be literal. The word "like".. as in like a flame.. clearly indicates that it was not literal. Yet you have assumed that it was. Therefore you are the one practicing a dangerous thing..

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 8/29/2020 at 3:12 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

There is so much false teaching within the Charismatic movement it is difficult to separate Biblical truth from self-serving beliefs of some preachers.  Some believe the language that passes for Charismatic utterances has passed away, some don't.  I have spoken in tongues, laying on of hands, etc., all in Jesus name.  Nothing is done in my power, only in the name of Jesus.  I believe the Bible and the words of the prophets and Jesus meet all my needs.  So while I will lay on bands for the sick, I no longer speak in tongues.  I speak in known languages.  I've had partial prophesies enter my consciousness, but nothing I was 100% sure of.  I have been filled with the Holy Spirit for many years now who has enabled me to discern biblical truth from wishful thinking.  Praise be to God.

I have been involved with the Charismatic movement at different levels since I became a Christian in a Pentecostal church in 1966.  Today's Charismatic movement is nothing like what it was then.  In the late 1960s, the Charismatic movement was part of the traditional churches (Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist) and was pretty low level, and did not have all the hallelujah hootenanny stuff that the modern Charismatic movement has with all its falling over, shaking, babbling and false prophecy.  I was discipled by a Pentecostal holiness pastor who believed that believers should be men and women of the Word and of prayer.  Everything he taught came right out of the pages of Scripture.   He would not have had a bar of the bodily sensory stuff that goes on today.  He would have firmly suppressed it and taught that such behaviour is ungodly, unholy, and not of the Holy Spirit.  People falling down and writhing around the floor like snakes is more demonic than Holy Spirit.  The trouble is that modern Charismatics don't know the difference and that lack of knowledge and the lack of Biblical knowledge has so corrupted the movement in many places, that it is difficult to believe that such people are actually saved.  But not all Charismatics are corrupted, but they are gradually becoming in the minority.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1