Adam999

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I’m doing a 40 Days Fasting, starting from Aug 12 to Sep 20. It will end on my birthday 9/21/2020.

There are two purposes of this fasting as listed below:

1) Personal purification 

2) Pray for peace & healing to my family & the World

I am one week into it and I love it. I may do it longer, like 90 days.

please pray for me!!!

God bless

Adam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Have you consulted your doctor? Are you drinking water.

10 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Have you consulted your doctor? Are you drinking water.

Hi Jayne,

No, I didn’t consult with my doctor. However, I am eating some fruits and nuts as well as drinking water. I’m diabetic...

please pray for me!!! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

If you are fasting, then no real need to pray for you...God will let you know when enough is enough, or "show" you what you needed to learn or know from this, but usually a 10 day fast is good enough for most people, only from what i've heard. But I once had a close friend who was born on 9/20, exactly 6 months after mine(not the same year)...so coming across this is kind of special to me. 

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

If you are fasting, then no real need to pray for you...God will let you know when enough is enough, or "show" you what you needed to learn or know from this, but usually a 10 day fast is good enough for most people, only from what i've heard. But I once had a close friend who was born on 9/20, exactly 6 months after mine(not the same year)...so coming across this is kind of special to me. 

Thanks for the comments CaptWalker!!!

Your friend and I were born in the fall, around fall equinox and you were born in the spring, around spring equinox. I found this to be very interesting...I was born on 9/21/1962. However, when I came to America on 9/1/1980, they gave me a new birthdate, like a new beginning or born-again. September 2020 would be my 40th year in America...

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Adam999 said:

I’m doing a 40 Days Fasting, starting from Aug 12 to Sep 20. It will end on my birthday 9/21/2020.

There are two purposes of this fasting as listed below:

1) Personal purification 

2) Pray for peace & healing to my family & the World

I am one week into it and I love it. I may do it longer, like 90 days.

please pray for me!!!

God bless

Adam

Adam, you are the second person here at Worthy attempting a 40 day fast. It's nice to see it's not a total fast with merely expecting to make it on water alone. Being a diabetic, you need to understand the extremity of the risk you are undertaking. Your A1 levels could drop so severely that you may well find yourself waking up in a hospital bed. Or, not waking at all.

If you go into a diabetic shock,  the result of a coma may occur. I'm telling you this very seriously here, brother and the reason is this. I am Type II diabetic. If you are Type I or II, you're making a potentially grave mistake. Please listen to me. Do no do this to yourself. We are to take care of our temple, which our bodies are of the Holy Ghost. Don't risk it. Please. 

1 Corinthians 3:17 King James Version (KJV) 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are

1 Corinthians 6:19 King James Version (KJV) 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

24 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Adam, you are the second person here at Worthy attempting a 40 day fast. It's nice to see it's not a total fast with merely expecting to make it on water alone. Being a diabetic, you need to understand the extremity of the risk you are undertaking. Your A1 levels could drop so severely that you may well find yourself waking up in a hospital bed. Or, not waking at all.

If you go into a diabetic shock,  the result of a coma may occur. I'm telling you this very seriously here, brother and the reason is this. I am Type II diabetic. If you are Type I or II, you're making a potentially grave mistake. Please listen to me. Do no do this to yourself. We are to take care of our temple, which our bodies are of the Holy Ghost. Don't risk it. Please. 

1 Corinthians 3:17 King James Version (KJV) 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are

1 Corinthians 6:19 King James Version (KJV) 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Hello brother BaeuJangles,

Thank you for your concerns and comments. I did some research and take enough precaution. I’m only doing a partial fasting. I eat complete food before 6am and after 6pm. During the 12 hours fasting, I consume some fruits and nuts as well as drinking enough water. So far so good!!! I feel a great sensation, a warm feeling, during this fasting, like God is protecting and caring for me. I’m type I diabetic with A1 of 6.9...not as bad.

Again thanks brother!!!

Adam

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  773
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Im only doing a partial fasting. I eat complete food before 6am and after 6pm. During the 12 hours fasting, I consume some fruits and nuts as well as drinking enough water. So far so good!!! 

God bless you brother.

Don't mean to underestimate your effort. However,

Your kind of fasting looks delicious  to many poor layman on the streets.

Peace 

Edited by R. Hartono

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

14 hours ago, Adam999 said:

No, I didn’t consult with my doctor. However, I am eating some fruits and nuts as well as drinking water. I’m diabetic...

They understand weight loss a lot better than they use to. Sometimes the Pharmacist understands better than the doctor the chemistry involved in eating and fasting. I am not diabetic but I eat to much sugar and that gives me similar problems. So for me I need a low sugar diet and I have to be sure to keep orange juice around. Once my son drank all the orange juice and I made him go get some at 10 o'clock at night. He was mad but I have to keep that in the house. Now I try to keep a container in the freezer so we can make some orange just rather than to make an emergency trip to the store. I have test strips also. I can monitor my body to see when I am burning fat and when I am in a weight loss mode. There is some indication that fasting is good for diabetics and it can help them to recover. 

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

God bless you brother.

Don't mean to underestimate your effort. However,

Your kind of fasting looks delicious  to many poor layman on the streets.

Peace 

Thanks for the comments, Hartono!!!

In fact, I have lost over five pounds so far...