Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Since im working and get decent pay a move out date is now set and im very scared. Im afraid to live alone with my baby bc i feel i cant protect him. 

Ive thought about owning a gun which im thinking about more and more and will most likely get one that and a dog. Not sure if a small watch dog will do or if i should get an attack dog like a doberman or something. 

Idk im just really afraid but i need to move. I cant stay with my parents forever and they wont live forever. As a matter of fact my parents were involved in a bad accident tonight ..theyre alright thank goodness but that proves my point.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,915
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  231
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

A dog is a great companion BUT it is expensive and a lot of work so think very carefully as they are not toys that can be given back if it is too much work ( just like a child it is a life long commitment )  Moving out on your own IS scary for everyone ( I left home at 16 believe me I know how scary it can be )  but once you get settled and feel " at home " it will be no more scary that being in your parent house on your own Take sensible precautions and try to enjoy this new adventure and dont let the spirit of fear rule your life :emot-hug: :th_praying:

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Since im working and get decent pay a move out date is now set and im very scared. Im afraid to live alone with my baby bc i feel i cant protect him. 

Ive thought about owning a gun which im thinking about more and more and will most likely get one that and a dog. Not sure if a small watch dog will do or if i should get an attack dog like a doberman or something. 

Idk im just really afraid but i need to move. I cant stay with my parents forever and they wont live forever. As a matter of fact my parents were involved in a bad accident tonight ..theyre alright thank goodness but that proves my point.

Praying for you and you child and your parents.

Trust in the Lord!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

There are a lot of security systems now and some of them don’t require a monthly fee. They are also very good at being able to monitor the interior of your home even if you have a pet.

they monitor the opening of doors and windows, motion detectors, and even if a camera if you’d like.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

7 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

The only down side to a dog, is that a dog adds work to your life.  So many women specifically add more and more work to their own lives, and then have stress and anxiety problems.

So you need to consider honestly how much work is this going to add to your life, and how much money is it going to cost.

Also I would consider how much of a burden is it going to be if you end up deciding you simply can't handle more responsibilities than you already have.

So I know a woman who happen to have 6 kids with her husband, and she just had to have a dog.  Had to have it.  Well fast forward a year, and everyone loves the dog, but she is getting all stressed out because she has..... six kids... and now has to also take care of a dog.

She ended up getting rid of the dog, and the truly ironic part of the ordeal was that the only person who was really honestly bothered by the loss of the dog, was her.  The husband was fine with it.  The kids didn't like it, but quickly moved on.   She was the only one really heart broken over the loss of the dog.

So you need to consider that.  Not saying do not get a dog.  There are many obvious benefits to having a dog.  But people tend to gloss over the negatives, which are just as real.

As far as buying a gun, I am generally in favor of all women learning basic self defense, and learning how to handle a fire arm.

So a small little .25 APC, or .32 or .38 pistol, will be perfectly fine for home protection.   Truth is, most criminals are complete and utter cowards.   Merely brandishing a weapon, will cause most criminals to scurry away like roaches.

https://youtu.be/A804A3WAbB0

You can watch this video if you want.  But simply put, FIVE armed men.... five men with guns... break into this little Asian couples home.  The women, this like 5 foot Asian girl, walks out with a gun, and all five men scatter like rats.

So, you don't need some big bad massive hand cannon to defend yourself.  A little .38 gun will do the trick.

So hope that helps.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Well,

There's some things that you can do like most people do...

Safeguard the important things:

Keep a savings account for when trouble comes. Cars break down, babies get sick, and unexpected expenses come in threes... usually right after you have to find another job. 

Keep an eye on your car...its issues don't get better...they get worse. You can probably change an air filter and pcb valve without much of an issue but oil changes and other issues can't really be done unless you decide you want to buy tools and do them yourself. 

Your job that provides the income... don't play games with it whatsoever. Don't be late to work. Do your best and try to go the extra step. But also don't let them get "freebies" of work off the clock or work that someone else claims credit for. 

Then....

Make friends with your neighbors...get to know them as you move in. Men and women and couples. The older single ladies can really have a good read on the neighborhood...but be careful with those who are a bit nuts too. Friends of yours from the neighborhood can really keep an eye out for you. To have a friend you must first be a friend... maybe bake some cookies or always have a pitcher of iced tea to hand out a glass of. Friendly and kind draws goodwill from most people. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Put trust in Holy Spirit of Jesus 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

If you get a gun make sure and get some training. If you are new to guns I wouldn’t look past a 22 pistol or better yet a shotgun for home defense. You can get a 20 gauge which kicks less and you don’t have to be a crack shot to shoot a bad guy.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Put trust in Holy Spirit of Jesus 

And this!!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Pray for God's protection over you and your baby.