IGNORED

Can satan and other demons take on a human form and live among us?

Ervin P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/10/2024 at 11:36 AM, Know Jah said:

Oh, I meant 2 Peter 2:4 states God punished the demons. Yes I believe their destruction is yet to come.

"[T]he [rebellious fallen] angels who did not keep their original domain, but left their own habitation" in heaven, are the spirits cast into the Abyss. Jude 6

Properly speaking, their pre-Flood mating with humans became the origin of the demons, being the spirits of these crossbreeds after they died.

On 1/12/2024 at 8:45 AM, Know Jah said:

I was thinking specifically to Satan/demons ability to take on human form. I think they lost that power.

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. Other heavenly spirits after the Flood again mated with women, which became the giants/rephaim on earth the Bible speaks about during both the times of the Exodus and David. Other histories record similar things in later years, such as in the time of the Romans.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,148
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

On 1/12/2024 at 4:45 PM, Know Jah said:

I was thinking specifically to Satan/demons ability to take on human form. I think they lost that power.

I read something about aliens, but I can't remember. They said there was a difference between demons and aliens, who have a body, but I can't remember what they were. Demons are the offspring from angels and women.

Maybe they'd use cloning to get a body.

Also someone said that the worst ones were locked up but would be let loose during the trib.

But don't ask me for a Bible text. It's all hearsay.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

The bible dont confirm they are offspring of demons. Aliens are not even confirmed in the bible

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Demons are the offspring from angels and women.

That seems to be a common belief, but if angels are not able to reproduce then how did they do this?

There is a strong possibility that the "sons of God" that mated with women on earth were a different kind of spiritual beings than Angels, and would have able to reproduce if they were able to mat with human women.

Apparently they were a somehow closely related species since they didn't breed true as either human nor their won species but produced a hybrid specie know as the Nephilim (who in their own term produced a variety of other hybrid sub species, all of whom were most likely destroyed in the Flood (and maybe a reason for it)).

Nothing really definitive in scripture about this, at least ones that couldn't be seen in multiple ways that multiple possible meanings.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, FJK said:

That seems to be a common belief, but if angels are not able to reproduce then how did they do this?

There is a strong possibility that the "sons of God" that mated with women on earth were a different kind of spiritual beings than Angels, and would have able to reproduce if they were able to mat with human women.

Apparently they were a somehow closely related species since they didn't breed true as either human nor their won species but produced a hybrid specie know as the Nephilim (who in their own term produced a variety of other hybrid sub species, all of whom were most likely destroyed in the Flood (and maybe a reason for it)).

Nothing really definitive in scripture about this, at least ones that couldn't be seen in multiple ways that multiple possible meanings.

In Sodom they wanted to rape the angels and they were called different flesh. I think they could just take on flesh and mate. Or they were indeed different. The book of Enoch says the watchers. But how they came to be after the flood with the Canaanites I have no idea.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

Well, I mean giant skeletons have been found among other things. We have Goliath mentioned and the Amalekites were tall.

I associate this with that interbreeding.

Yes Angels can TAKE ON human form. Not just look like humans in my opinion. IT's not a camoflauge. Apparently it's functional.

It wasn't giantism that mainly spurned the flood though. It was wickedness so bad they would have been like a worm in an apple and just destroyed all of the good. For the most part that had already happened and only Noah and family were left.

The bible says every thought was evil continually. Nothing redeeming and no hope of redemption because they had all gone that way to self destruction.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

22 hours ago, WilliamL said:

"[T]he [rebellious fallen] angels who did not keep their original domain, but left their own habitation" in heaven, are the spirits cast into the Abyss. Jude 6

Properly speaking, their pre-Flood mating with humans became the origin of the demons, being the spirits of these crossbreeds after they died.

I wouldn't necessarily count on that. Other heavenly spirits after the Flood again mated with women, which became the giants/rephaim on earth the Bible speaks about during both the times of the Exodus and David. Other histories record similar things in later years, such as in the time of the Romans.

But if they did it again after the flood that would be really dumb. First they see that those angels get locked up in chains and then they're like: hey lets go do the same thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Renskedejonge said:

In Sodom they wanted to rape the angels and they were called different flesh. I think they could just take on flesh and mate. Or they were indeed different. The book of Enoch says the watchers. But how they came to be after the flood with the Canaanites I have no idea.

In Sodom the angels had taken on human appearance which wouldn't necessarily mean taken human bodies, those wanting to rape them wouldn't know this, they would only know they were strangers in town.

This is one of those things that never seems to be settled in discussion.

Some things just aren't easily known, but what is known is that they, whoever they were, mixed their genetics with human genetics to produce the Nephilim who are not the same as normal humans or it wouldn't be stated as such.

So I suppose anybody's guess is as good as anybody else's.  I'm personally not going to jump on any side, just consider all of them as something interesting, not something that has to be known to understand the lesson involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

21 minutes ago, Starise said:

Well, I mean giant skeletons have been found among other things. We have Goliath mentioned and the Amalekites were tall.

I associate this with that interbreeding.

Yes Angels can TAKE ON human form. Not just look like humans in my opinion. IT's not a camoflauge. Apparently it's functional.

It wasn't giantism that mainly spurned the flood though. It was wickedness so bad they would have been like a worm in an apple and just destroyed all of the good. For the most part that had already happened and only Noah and family were left.

The bible says every thought was evil continually. Nothing redeeming and no hope of redemption because they had all gone that way to self destruction.

Wait a minute Starise… after reading your response (above) I immediately went to the other topic (what did you have for dinner?).

Apparently, you must have had a whole pizza last evening just before you went to bed… 

I can assure you - NEVER eat pizza before bed time.🙄

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I might be too right brain for you Charlie, what can I say? :)

I can state my reasons for what I believe. You may not buy any of it. We can still be brothers in Christ.

Giants are a fact. Whether you believe that is a byproduct of interbreeding with fallen angels is another thing. And that's only if you believed a cross breeding happened in the first place. This view is widely held by several theologians and that's my conclusion after study.

The most sterile view is the view held by one pastor I know and have sat under who explains "Sons of God" in another way entirely.

We absolutely DO have giants in our past even though the Smithsonian attempted to cover it up.

Most people who come to this conclusion place a lot of merit in the book of Enoch. And I always emphasize that book was mentioned in our canon as well as the man Enoch. So I believe some credibility is due here. I can't imagine anyone spinning a lie like that for giggles because I can't see anyone imagining it in the first place. WE KNOW angels were kicked to here.

• Well Said! 1