• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,376
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Update-- So I missed work again. I tried calling a taxi like my mom and dad suggested (to make my own way) they were booked and the lady told me theres 3 people ahead of me that already preordered rides the night before  and it would be an hour atleast before someone could get me. It was already 6-ish and i'm late at 7. I tried lyft and there were no drivers in my area again-- I had to call out before it turned 7a just to let them know something. I called my mom earlier to see what time she'd be home and she just made it back at 8:30ish... 

yeah. Idk. Idk what to do next but i'll try to seek God and see what He says.

Friend, is there a reliable co-worker on your shift that might be able to give you a ride to work?   You could offer to pay them something.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Debp said:

Friend, is there a reliable co-worker on your shift that might be able to give you a ride to work?   You could offer to pay them something.

no. the people that live near me don't have cars and uber like I do and the one girl that did she lives 40 minutes out and her car recently got messed up and is in the shop. She's also going througgh things. 

I think I might just have to let this go.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

19 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

She's also going through things. 

One thing I've learned is everyone is going though things. The difference is in how we handle those things.

I've had an idea. It sounds like you need your parents for things like rides and probably to babysit, I think you said you're a single mom. (sorry, if I'm wrong) I don't have a problem with you asking your parents for rides but if you are emotionally dependent on them maybe that's something God wants to see changed. This problem would be even worse if you have parents that like having you dependent on them. There are parents who would panic if their grown kids learned to be independent of them. Parents like this need their grown kid more than you need them. And usually the parents are totally unaware of their need for you. There's a lot more people in this situation than the average person would think. Since God has everyone's good at heart He'd want to make all of you benefit. But to do that, some unpleasant things might have to occur. I may be totally wrong here. But this kind of thing happened in my family. The grown kids never did become independent, eventually the parents died, and that's not the best thing that can happen. So I hope I'm off base here.

11 minutes ago, JTC said:

One thing I've learned is everyone is going though things. The difference is in how we handle those things.

I've had an idea. It sounds like you need your parents for things like rides and probably to babysit, I think you said you're a single mom. (sorry, if I'm wrong) I don't have a problem with you asking your parents for rides but if you are emotionally dependent on them maybe that's something God wants to see changed. This problem would be even worse if you have parents that like having you dependent on them. There are parents who would panic if their grown kids learned to be independent of them. Parents like this need their grown kid more than you need them. And usually the parents are totally unaware of their need for you. There's a lot more people in this situation than the average person would think. Since God has everyone's good at heart He'd want to make all of you benefit. But to do that, some unpleasant things might have to occur. I may be totally wrong here. But this kind of thing happened in my family. The grown kids never did become independent, eventually the parents died, and that's not the best thing that can happen. So I hope I'm off base here.

Well my mom did say she was afraid ill leave once.  Thing is im trying everything in my power to be independent and it was working but they won't help me.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hello eighty,

I'm not qualified to offer much meaningful advise, other to say never give up; Romans 8:28 (KJV) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. We each have our own tribulations, trials and testings [some more than others]; and Satan never sleeps. 

To piggyback on what Debp said above: I live outside a small city here in Tennessee. On occasion our church takes up an offering and paper product drive for our local women's crises and abuse center we support. I'm by no means saying this is your case but, this center is Christian operated and takes in women and their children with abusive spouses, homeless women, and women whom need a temporary helping hand. They help with just about every aspect to get one back on her feet; including some form of dependable transportation to get to work.

Like I stated, being unqualified and untrained; not knowing the 'root' cause of a problem; being it with you, your parents, circumstances, spiritual, or any combination thereof, have you considered the following?

I don't know what the requirements are to receive any assistance from such providers. You most likely have something reasonably close to your location to call. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give them a call, or better yet stop by there in person, and explain your situation and see if they can offer you any assistance? 

In addition; are you a member of a Gospel preaching, Bible believing church? As Christians, it is our faith, duty, honor and privilege to glorify the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; by helping our brothers & sisters in Christ and our community. Our church has provided some temporary assistance to those in need when and where appropriate and within our means. 

I know little about you or if you regularly attend church every time the church door are open but, may I suggest? If you're not regularly attending a Gospel preaching Bible believing church, you find one and start attending. A good starting point to select a Christian church and what they teach and preach; is to look at their web page and Facebook page, and read their 'statement of faith', church covenant and mission statements. If you're comfortable with their theology, teachings and beliefs; you could call their Pastor and request a private counseling with him and address your spiritual and emotional concerns. Perhaps he could help and/or direct you to someone who can? 

An important part of Christianity is not to forsake the assembling of ourselves, uplift, encourage and support one another in Christian love for one another as Jesus loves us. Even with the world seeming to fall apart all around us: Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. [emphasis added]

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is a bit of a continuation of a thread I had in prayer request. 

Things seem to get in my way concerning work. I try my best but nothing pans out. 

Like today i planned to uber/lyft but the between the hrs of 5 and 6 no drivers were available. I stayed up all night with mt baby and my dad argues with me again wondering why im here sayinf its my fault amd im not takinf you anywhere

My mom said i need to makw my own way and she cant help and that i need to do somwthinf bc the holidays are around the corner

I just dont know what elsw to do ans im certain im fired. 

I feel im doing my best but i get no help. I just feel i cant be saved bc usually God comes through and helps those that are his amd i keep hitting a wall.

Ive helped my mom so much and my family to my own detriment at times.

Idk. I also have health issues that are building and probably need to be addressed my mom pointed out my swellinf legs. I kinda chalk it up to overweight and warehouse work but i could be wrong as I have some under lyinf issues. 

Idk i feel directionless.

Responsibility
Planning / time management
Putting first things first

You are responsible for your own life. You prayed, God blessed you with a child for you to take care of. So you can grow in being responsible. God blessed you with the opportunity to life together with your parents. Your parents, which you were entrusted to by God.
I am not saying that you have an easy life and that all circumstances are your own doings. I can't say that.

• When things don't go the way you want. You should reflect instead of asking God to solve your problems. He is not our servant, we are His servants. Struggles in life makes you grow, IF you are willing to follow His ways. Not following His ways will only make things worse.
  • When things don't go the way you want, it might be because you want too many things at the same time. You might have to prioritize things in your life. Leave out the clutter, the wordly things.
  • When people around you don't behave as they should, you might consider asking how God would want you to view such a situation and how God would want you to act.

You feel directionless, could that be because you have a wrong perception of God?
You feel directionless, could that be because you still are following your own desires instead of trusting in God's words and following His will?

Following Christ doesn't mean we will receive a flawless life. The problems are still there, but how we experience these worldly problems is in peace, full of gratitude and full of hope because of the received promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

16 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Idk i feel directionless.

God wrote the book of your life before you were ever born. (Psalm 139:16)He gave you all your gifts, talents and abilities to develop to bring Him praise, honor and glory. The angels are watching and keeping a record of how much you follow God's plan for you and your life. God will judge people based on the books the angles are keeping. (Revelation 20:12)

Perhaps you send time on ungodly things and you should spend more time in pray, reading your Bible and in fellowship with God. ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

4 hours ago, Wesley L said:

Responsibility
Planning / time management
Putting first things first

You are responsible for your own life. You prayed, God blessed you with a child for you to take care of. So you can grow in being responsible. God blessed you with the opportunity to life together with your parents. Your parents, which you were entrusted to by God.
I am not saying that you have an easy life and that all circumstances are your own doings. I can't say that.

• When things don't go the way you want. You should reflect instead of asking God to solve your problems. He is not our servant, we are His servants. Struggles in life makes you grow, IF you are willing to follow His ways. Not following His ways will only make things worse.
  • When things don't go the way you want, it might be because you want too many things at the same time. You might have to prioritize things in your life. Leave out the clutter, the wordly things.
  • When people around you don't behave as they should, you might consider asking how God would want you to view such a situation and how God would want you to act.

You feel directionless, could that be because you have a wrong perception of God?
You feel directionless, could that be because you still are following your own desires instead of trusting in God's words and following His will?

Following Christ doesn't mean we will receive a flawless life. The problems are still there, but how we experience these worldly problems is in peace, full of gratitude and full of hope because of the received promise of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

Thing is i was being responsible. I worked 2 provide for my son and worked overtime to help with bills bc my dad refused to work ( he had no disability he just regused) 

It amazes me i got to work then when my help was needed but now that its not im on my own.

Sigh. My parents arw talking about what theyd do when theyll get my money. I overheard my dad literally saying hed just give me a handshake after talking crap abt me earlier and barging into my room to use my bathroom without asking.

Sorry i have to vent here. If i disnt Id probably swallow pills

I helped my family so much financially. They suck and im getting depressed bc I have no true escape and just have to deal with this.

• Praying! 1

Im trying not to cry at this point.

• Loved it! 1