Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

How much do you have to read or pray to be zealous for God? I keep feeling like im not saved or will be left behind bc i dont hear God, dont see a purification process in my life ( i was more pure b4 i was saved) 

Honestly i feel like a log. I have zero discernment about anything spritual. I lack major confidence about nearly anything concerning myself abt God. ( i barely have faith, im not strong or courageous. Im incredibly weak which is why im certain i was never used by God so i couldnt imagine being left behind.)

The only certainty i have is my salvation that's it. 

Everything else is up in the air.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,378
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

God looks on the heart.   Some might do alot of religious type activities, but their heart is far from God.   Their heart is focused on what they do, rather than focused on our dear Savior.

Since faith comes by hearing, I hope you have a good pastor to listen to.   Just listen, and the Word of God will go deeper into your heart and yield results.

Looking-Inward-by-Bill-Heller.jpg.f382025c91279d489ea25c05fe77115f.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,378
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

39 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im incredibly weak

Also, remember...

strength_made_perfect_ezr.png.830a8fe61e50ea9903fda4f291755b66.png

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

How much do you have to read or pray to be zealous for God? I keep feeling like im not saved or will be left behind bc i dont hear God, dont see a purification process in my life ( i was more pure b4 i was saved) 

Honestly i feel like a log. I have zero discernment about anything spritual. I lack major confidence about nearly anything concerning myself abt God. ( i barely have faith, im not strong or courageous. Im incredibly weak which is why im certain i was never used by God so i couldnt imagine being left behind.)

I think you just need to let go of the anxiety and worry,give it to God.

You aren’t alone,how do you know what God is doing in and through you?

When I was first saved I heard God for 3 yrs,then zero for 25 yrs...back to hearing him again...I believe he did a lot of healing in me to bring me back into his service....

i believe we need to be in the right frame of mind to hear him....which he brings us to that place,we can’t do it ourselves,..not biblical,but I have a personal relationship with him....

i cant get enough of God now,after 25 yrs..I feel alive in Christ again...just keep walking in faith,he’s there with you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

58 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

It is never a matter of feeling.  It is a case of knowing and of being obedient to Jesus's commandments, All of the ten commandments in our daily lives.

Hi or reading, prayer and church attendance all help to keep us on the right course.

Being active or I you prefer being zealous depends on how confident we are in our faith and in our ability to explain what and why we believe.

Paul discribed the Christian life as bei g like training for the Olympics. No one becomes a competitor overnight, it takes effort.

You say that you lived a purer life before you were saved. That just means you are more aware of temptation and of sin and have to make a greater effort not to sin.

Keep going, it is worth the blood, sweat and tears.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

God doesnt ask too much but obedience.

The kingdom of God is not found in religious buildings where people pray  but in the hearts that forgive n share happiness.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

"The only certainty I have is my salvation that's it."

That's a pretty good start. Without that, a man has nothing. 

Spurgeon, probably considered one of the best preachers---if not the best who ever preached---talked about his own blackness that he regarded himself having, and gave sermons about that color we perceive about our own nature:

"Not so the genuine Christian; he hides his face, sighs in secret, and cries before God, because he is not what he wants to be; not what his Lord was; not fully conformed to Christ in all things; and just because these short-comings grieve and vex his righteous soul, he cries, “Look not upon me, for I am black.” All the while he may be of the highest type of Christian, yet he is not so in his own esteem. He may be a star to others, but he is a blot, as he thinks, to himself. In God’s esteem he is “accepted in the Beloved,” but in his own esteem he seems to himself to be full of all manner of evil, and he cries out against it before his Lord."

Maybe, dear sister, you are just one of the more honest ones. :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,270
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,395
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Hi Figure of eighty, and how are you, I don't know your name but, 

Hope this helps you also

Love always, Walter

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

7 hours ago, clancy said:

I think you just need to let go of the anxiety and worry,give it to God.

You aren’t alone,how do you know what God is doing in and through you?

When I was first saved I heard God for 3 yrs,then zero for 25 yrs...back to hearing him again...I believe he did a lot of healing in me to bring me back into his service....

i believe we need to be in the right frame of mind to hear him....which he brings us to that place,we can’t do it ourselves,..not biblical,but I have a personal relationship with him....

i cant get enough of God now,after 25 yrs..I feel alive in Christ again...just keep walking in faith,he’s there with you.

Wow this puts alot into perspective.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Do you want to be zealous for God? If that is the case perhaps you should pray to Him and tell Him what is on your heart. 

• Brilliant! 1