• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Samuel91 said:

please, how did you recover?

There is no medical 'cure' for depression, but it often goes away of its own accord. I was taking antidepressants which relieved the symptoms (very effectively) for about two years. The first time I tried stopping them, the symptoms quickly came back. The second time (about a year later), I was OK - and I haven't had a recurrence since then, praise God! 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

22 hours ago, Samuel91 said:

I've been depressed for over 7years and I've been on medications for about 2years. My question is that does anyone know anybody cured totally from depression?

The medications helped in a way, i had attempted to commit suicide before about 5 times( and it was not a call for attention). Now, i dont attempt suicide again, but I still want to die most times. 

I just want to know if people can be totally cured from depression.

I've been taking advice for my "depression" for decades.  None of it has worked, and I've tried medications, and those made things worse.

I don't about you, but for me the answer is no.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

1 hour ago, Deborah_ said:

I developed and suffered depression despite being spirit-filled. 

Some forms of depression are a medical illness - a biochemical fault inside the brain. It isn't just anxious or pessimistic thoughts in these cases.

I understand. Tongues speakers are activating areas of the brain NOT related to language and thoughts, it's a way to meditate and ease anxiety.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

23 hours ago, Samuel91 said:

I've been depressed for over 7years and I've been on medications for about 2years. My question is that does anyone know anybody cured totally from depression?

The medications helped in a way, i had attempted to commit suicide before about 5 times( and it was not a call for attention). Now, i dont attempt suicide again, but I still want to die most times. 

Depression can not be cured. Although it can be treated and symptoms reduced. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,413
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

16 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

I've been taking advice for my "depression" for decades.  None of it has worked, and I've tried medications, and those made things worse.

This resonated with me. Depression manifests in different ways for different people and responses to treatment vary a lot. As much as we've heard the chemical imbalance theory of depression pushed it turns out there are actually a lot of psychiatrists who feel it's an outdated model. Some even think that the chemical imbalance might be a symptom rather than a cause. It's interesting, but not necessarily helpful for people who suffer from it.

As for me I've had depression since my teenage years. I feel like I've come to have a strange sort of harmony with it by now, but it's hard to explain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/15/1991

1 hour ago, AnOrangeCat said:

This resonated with me. Depression manifests in different ways for different people and responses to treatment vary a lot. As much as we've heard the chemical imbalance theory of depression pushed it turns out there are actually a lot of psychiatrists who feel it's an outdated model. Some even think that the chemical imbalance might be a symptom rather than a cause. It's interesting, but not necessarily helpful for people who suffer from it.

As for me I've had depression since my teenage years. I feel like I've come to have a strange sort of harmony with it by now, but it's hard to explain.

There are definitely different causes ànd effects of depression. And its very difficult to explain to people especially if it's like the one i have, which does not have a direct environmental cause.

If your spouse died and you get depressed, then people understand. Although people often confuse being sad with depression. But when you're depressed without a direct cause then people think you're ungrateful, or just weird. 

Please, am interested in knowing the "sort of harmony". It might help me.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/15/1991

18 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Please, how do you cope with it?

Edited by Samuel91

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

40 minutes ago, Samuel91 said:

Please, how do you cope with it?

*Praying/singing in the Spirit/with encouragement/in tongues

*Revisiting childhood traumas while asking Jesus to minister in those places/memories

*Meeting with qualified, Christian counselors

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Can Depression be cured

On 9/27/2020 at 11:45 AM, Samuel91 said:

I've been depressed for over 7years and I've been on medications for about 2years.

Hi, Samuel91. You must be a fairly young person. Seven years of ongoing depression sounds indicative of a situational type of depression and not a genetic form of depressive disorder. This can but not in every case begin early in child hood. It can vary with intensity depending on the underlying causes. 

Medications such as SSRIs or in more severe cases, antipsychotics, can help certain individuals. Not in every one, however. This also varies on the individual. If this is working for you, or begins to lessen in effectiveness, there are now countless of the forms of pharmaceuticals a person can try to maintain. 

My question is that does anyone know anybody cured totally from depression?

Miracles are possible in this day and age and it's been known to happen. 

The medications helped in a way,

Then continue taking them and do not suddenly stop if one or more loses their effectiveness. Withdrawal can occur and the side effects from this can be horrendous in some cases. Talk to your doctor is one no longer seems to to be working. 

Nothing is impossible with God. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1