Can Depression be cured

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

joy is not the opposite of clinical depression. The main feature is numbness and an inability to feel emotions, not sadness on its own.

God heals as He wills. He can heal anyone of anything, but there is not formula of prayer by anyone which makes it happen automatically. To say otherwise is a lie. Sometimes, even with laying on of hands etc God chooses not to heal at this time. Fact.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 minutes ago, NotAllThere said:

Yes. It can be cured. Even non-believers recover from it.

Sometimes it can be a lifetime of struggle, which can ebb and flow on circumstances and become evident of situations in life that change from bad to worsening conditions. There can also be certain chemical imbalances which can also be contributing factors. It's all dependant on individualism and how each affect the degree of suffering. 

In my case, it had a direct spiritual attack component about it.

That also is a contributing factor. Satan is a destroyer of lives. 

When the occultist who was targeting me got baptised, the depression disappeared.

Sounds indicative of a sovereign deliverance. 

Which was nice.

Yes. Very much so. I'm so happy it worked out for you in this manner. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I'm very grateful it worked out for me. Depression is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, Samuel91 said:

I just want to know if people can be totally cured from depression.

Yes we can be totally cured. The Joy of the Lord is our Strength. We are to have the Mind of Christ and think the Divine thoughts of God. We need to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (2Cor10:5) "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God",

We lose all negative thinking and we bind positive thoughts to our soul. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/27/2020 at 11:45 AM, Samuel91 said:

I've been depressed for over 7years and I've been on medications for about 2years. My question is that does anyone know anybody cured totally from depression?

The medications helped in a way, i had attempted to commit suicide before about 5 times( and it was not a call for attention). Now, i dont attempt suicide again, but I still want to die most times. 

I just want to know if people can be totally cured from depression.

God is the Great Physician and able to heal and restore all things.

g

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/15/1991

On 9/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, Billiards Ball said:

*Praying/singing in the Spirit/with encouragement/in tongues

*Revisiting childhood traumas while asking Jesus to minister in those places/memories

*Meeting with qualified, Christian counselors

Praying in tongues helps. Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 9/28/2020 at 12:13 PM, Deborah_ said:

I developed and suffered depression despite being spirit-filled. 

Some forms of depression are a medical illness - a biochemical fault inside the brain. It isn't just anxious or pessimistic thoughts in these cases.

This is not meant to be mean or nasty. 

Your post demonstrates the primary reason why I strongly object to superficial, not found in Scriptures answers that too many post here. No, there is NOTHING I dislike about your post, and the fact that you correctly state that the primary factor in mental illness is a chemical imbalance in the brain is a big plus. Simply put, in mental illness, the brain, an organ in the body does not work as it should. 

And while I never doubt any of the gifts of Holy Spirit, I do not find any evidence in the Scriptures where people speaking in tongues can cause an alteration of brain chemistry whereby the mentally ill person is suddenly free of mental health problems. 

Having been a case manager for seriously mentally ill people, and including my own abuse from which I developed rage sufficient to commit murder, and having the hyper vigilantism of PTSD I can state without equivocation that the genesis of the disease is multi faceted.  As a pastor, I have seen it caused by demonetization. (Once they asked me if I wanted to be mentally ill) I told them where to go., and they left me..

Therefore, I commend you for your honesty, and I also ask you if you are in a Christian support group such as Celebrate Recovery. they follow the 12 step AA model, but they begin each meeting with a full hour of worship, and have no qualms about saying that Jesus Christ is the ONLY "higher power"

To get more data on them.  do a web search on "Celebrate Recovery" adding your zip code.continue doing the Good Work knowing that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

17 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Your post demonstrates the primary reason why I strongly object to superficial, not found in Scriptures answers that too many post here. No, there is NOTHING I dislike about your post, and the fact that you correctly state that the primary factor in mental illness is a chemical imbalance in the brain is a big plus. Simply put, in mental illness, the brain, an organ in the body does not work as it should. 

And while I never doubt any of the gifts of Holy Spirit, I do not find any evidence in the Scriptures where people speaking in tongues can cause an alteration of brain chemistry whereby the mentally ill person is suddenly free of mental health problems. 

Having been a case manager for seriously mentally ill people, and including my own abuse from which I developed rage sufficient to commit murder, and having the hyper vigilantism of PTSD I can state without equivocation that the genesis of the disease is multi faceted.  As a pastor, I have seen it caused by demonetization. (Once they asked me if I wanted to be mentally ill) I told them where to go., and they left me..

Therefore, I commend you for your honesty, and I also ask you if you are in a Christian support group such as Celebrate Recovery. they follow the 12 step AA model, but they begin each meeting with a full hour of worship, and have no qualms about saying that Jesus Christ is the ONLY "higher power"

To get more data on them.  do a web search on "Celebrate Recovery" adding your zip code.continue doing the Good Work knowing that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:6

Did someone write "people speaking in tongues can cause an alteration of brain chemistry whereby the mentally ill person is suddenly free of mental health problems"? I did not.

You and I and all counselors and advisors struggle through parsing what is demonic, what is behavorial/learned and what is genetic/chemical.

Being Spirit-filled is one powerful help against demonic forces. Why deemphasize this?

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

why are you answering @Billiards Ball by quoting @Deborah_, and not mentioning billiards ball as the one you are answering?

• Thumbs Up 1

In born again Christians, depression is not to do with demonic anything. 

Colossians 1 v 13: 

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Romans 8:38-39

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by leah777
  • Thumbs Up 3