• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Eric in his song acknowledged that there would not be tears in heaven. but that was not the point I was driving at in my post. It was will you know my name if were in heaven.  That is the question of thought and why I posted. Then i asked do you like the the way you lived you life? would you be at peace with God and would He know your faith. or would He say i don't know you ? 

We will know all of those who were our family members on earth but I don't know if we will know all of those we have ever met. God knows my heart and He knows my life. I am ok with that. 

46 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

We will know all of those who were our family members on earth but I don't know if we will know all of those we have ever met. God knows my heart and He knows my life. I am ok with that. 

Do you have Holy Scripture to back that up?  The Bible says that God will give us a new name.  I wonder why?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,436
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Isa 65:17

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
KJV

Rev 21:1-5

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
KJV

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,036
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 10/26/2020 at 8:01 PM, NotAllThere said:

To my knowledge Eric Clapton had a number of Christian friends in the music business. He was interested in the Gospel at one time. I've no idea what the fruit of that was.

I saw a movie of Eric Clapton's life that ends with him seemingly a Christian and dedicated family man after a few initial commitments offset by instances of backslidden behaviour. A number of sites have somewhat sketchy info about this, including the one below.

Eric Clapton: No Longer A Blind Faith  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Do you have Holy Scripture to back that up?  The Bible says that God will give us a new name.  I wonder why?

If Jesus was recognizable in His glorified body, we also will be recognizable in our glorified bodies

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

"Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?" (Psalm 56:8)

My son is in Heaven and he want to see the bottle of tears that I have shed for him. He was impressed because he did not know the feeling a father has for his child as we go through life. We want to do the best we can to be a good parent for our children.