Ervin P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Without me going into a lot I ask how much wine is not to much?

My understanding is you could maybe have maybe every let’s say five days half a small standard coffee cup, so that way you don’t even get tipsy.

i am a bit tipsy wright now, it’s wrong I know which is why I need to discuss with you brothers and sisters about wine( I happen to drink red). It’s how i deal with some pain sometimes, again which is wrong, so there you go I have another weakness that I might need help for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a long time that I have been drunk. It’s the physical pain that I feel from psychiatric medication that drove me today to have some wine and I know I shouldn’t but I have had some. I hope Our Heavenly Father forgives me in The Name Of Jesus Christ Nazarene Amen.

Thanks 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

12 hours ago, Ervin P said:

( I happen to drink red).

Good taste! I like (dry) red wine and dark beer (stout, porter).

Alcohol is going to give you a slight buzz. That's what God designed it to do. "... wine that maketh glad the heart of man... " (Psalm 104:15). Though this verse applies not only to the drink, but the Spirit.

The Bible doesn't give a definitive answer, to my knowledge, how much is too much. So you really have to use your own judgment. It depends on your own tolerances, body size, presence of food, etc. And on your own conscience, since you don't want to get to the point where you feel your conscience offended.

For example, personally, for later today I'm eyeing a one pint / 16 fl oz can of Allagash North Sky stout - a delicious beer! - 7.5% ABV, so one can is enough for me.

Enjoy God's gift of drink prudently and with thanksgiving!

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

13 hours ago, Ervin P said:

My understanding is you could maybe have maybe every let’s say five days half a small standard coffee cup, so that way you don’t even get tipsy.

i am a bit tipsy wright now, it’s wrong I know which is why I need to discuss with you brothers and sisters about wine( I happen to drink red). It’s how i deal with some pain sometimes, again which is wrong, so there you go I have another weakness that I might need help for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a long time that I have been drunk. It’s the physical pain that I feel from psychiatric medication that drove me today to have some wine and I know I shouldn’t but I have had some. I hope Our Heavenly Father forgives me in The Name Of Jesus Christ Nazarene Amen.

Thanks 

As far as I know, the Bible condemns drunkeness and hard liquor, but not drinking in moderation. So the question is: How do we define "moderation"?

I go by my mother's definition: Two drinks (in a twenty-four hour period).

One might then need to define "drink." A "drink" might be a twelve-ounce beer or a five-ounce glass of wine. 

I wrestled with this issue until I discovered I had a drinking problem, at which point I stopped drinking.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Moderate alcohol consumption is one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men. Alcohol use disorders include binge drinking, heavy drinking, and alcoholism.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Ervin P said:

Thanks 

The limit is when you stop being in control of yourself. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.53
  • Days Won:  12

28 minutes ago, leah777 said:

The limit is when you stop being in control of yourself. 

The trouble is that alcohol causes damage, even when you think that everything is okay.  It is a poison; essentially, it is a product of a fruit or cereal drink that has gone off (that's "gone bad", for the Americans).  It can be made in a lab (e.g. pure ethanol) but I'm not referring to that.

One of the difficulties in discussing this issue is that, in the Bible, "wine" simply means "juice from the fruit of the vine", without distinguishing between fermented and unfermented juice.  Sometimes the context makes it clear which kind is meant, but not always; and people often assume that fermented wine is meant, even when the context implies no such thing.

It is not by chance that the advice, nowadays, for pregnant mothers, (at least in Britain) is for them not to drink any alcohol at all, because even a tiny amount can damage the unborn baby.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Ok, I wanted to post the following from the Bible:

1 Timothy 5:23 
Stop 
drinking only water, and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Now, how much is little? When does it become to much? I am asking the same question obviously only this time I quoted the Bible. Is it ok to drink other alcoholic drinks like beer, vodka, etc. I ask since wine is mentioned, not whiskey for instance, which is why I drink only wine, red in my case.

Thanks 

• 10 months later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

How much wine is not to much?

No alcoholic beverage and no addictive substance can be tolerated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

No alcoholic beverage and no addictive substance can be tolerated.

do you really think Jesus didn't drink wine????     Really?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, other one said:

do you really think Jesus didn't drink wine????     Really?

Yes, Jesus never drank wine, but grape juice. Unfortunately, when the Holy Scripture was translated, the theologians mix "wine" with "grape juice".

• Oy Vey! 1