• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

Yes, Jesus never drank wine, but grape juice. Unfortunately, when the Holy Scripture was translated, the theologians mix "wine" with "grape juice".

No, Jesus Christ really drank wine, not grape juice. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/31/2020 at 6:07 PM, Ervin P said:

Without me going into a lot I ask how much wine is not to much?

My understanding is you could maybe have maybe every let’s say five days half a small standard coffee cup, so that way you don’t even get tipsy.

i am a bit tipsy wright now, it’s wrong I know which is why I need to discuss with you brothers and sisters about wine( I happen to drink red). It’s how i deal with some pain sometimes, again which is wrong, so there you go I have another weakness that I might need help for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a long time that I have been drunk. It’s the physical pain that I feel from psychiatric medication that drove me today to have some wine and I know I shouldn’t but I have had some. I hope Our Heavenly Father forgives me in The Name Of Jesus Christ Nazarene Amen.

Thanks 

The recommended amount of wine per day is one glass of wine for women and 2 glasses of wine for men. No more. The Bible says drunkedness is bad. And alcohol is really bad for your health. It destroys the liver. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Leonardo Von said:

Yes, Jesus never drank wine, but grape juice. Unfortunately, when the Holy Scripture was translated, the theologians mix "wine" with "grape juice".

according to history that just isn't possible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 10/31/2020 at 6:07 PM, Ervin P said:

Without me going into a lot I ask how much wine is not to much?

Probably if you can notice reaction times getting slower, you mood, judgement, coordination, thinking, speech etc. you should think about backing off. It is is costing you much money, it is probably poor stewardship. It you feel you need it, then, then you really don't. There is nothing wrong with abstaining, if you are uncertain. In fact, if you think you might be sinning, then for you, it is sin. Unless your are confident that God has given a green light to your activities, there is reason to consider doing something else. Just my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Probably if you can notice reaction times getting slower, you mood, judgement, coordination, thinking, speech etc. you should think about backing off. It is is costing you much money, it is probably poor stewardship. It you feel you need it, then, then you really don't. There is nothing wrong with abstaining, if you are uncertain. In fact, if you think you might be sinning, then for you, it is sin. Unless your are confident that God has given a green light to your activities, there is reason to consider doing something else. Just my opinion.

I don't think that is very good advise Omega. A person should only stay with the amount that is safe. Everyone is going to have a different tolerance. That is because alcohol is a drink you can get a resistance to . You may have the desired affect at first with only one drink but the more you drink the more your body wants to get the effect you originally experienced. So you are now drinking 6 glasses of wine that at first you only needed one glass of wine for the affect. 

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

drunkenness is where it takes over ... feeling the affect but still in one's full control is the concern.... there are others concerns such a personal testimony, upholding a weaker brother etc.  I would say personally I can do without it but I do not consider this a spiritual striving but a death to self event for sake of others...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

There was no widespread refrigeration back then.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The obvious chapter dealing with festive occasions  is the wedding in Cana(Jn 2:1-11) and Christ’s attitude toward wine and alcoholic beverages. According to David Guzik it certainly was not pure grape juice “e. You have kept the good wine until now! When Jesus made wine, it was good wine. It doesn’t mean that it had a particularly high alcohol content, but that it was well-made wine.

i. Some go to great lengths to show that what Jesus made here was really grape juice. While some find that line of thinking convincing, it is not the opinion of the author. Good wine is good wine, not good grape juice. It is true that wine in that day, as commonly served, had a much lower content of alcohol than modern wine. But it was still wine.”(Guzik.Enduring Word Commentary.e-Sword.softonic.com.2016.Web)

In my opinion there is no “one size fits all” definition as to how much is “too much or too little” as a normal standard simply because each individual Christian must allow Him or Herself to but guided and be led or “filled with the Spirit”(Eph.5:18).The Good News Bible has it as “Do not get drunk with wine, which will only ruin you; instead, be filled with the Spirit.”The N.A.S.B. also  reads “Do not get drunk with wine, which will only ruin you; instead, be filled with the Spirit”

Lets us face the fact that alcohol abuse is the biggest marriage killer as D.M. Lloyd –Jones interprets Paul’s reasoning in this regard, “Try to estimate the misery and unhappiness in the world today because of conflict between husbands and wives. What unhappiness is caused to men and women and children by this!...all nations- the most advanced as well as the backward...The Apostle’s answer is that there is only one way, and that is, that men and women be filled with the Holy Spirit.It is only husbands and wives who are filled with the Spirit who will have a true view of what a husband should be, and what a wife should be, and what the relationship between them should be.It is the only way to get peace and unity and concord instead of disunity and quarrelling and separation and all that results from these evils.That is his solution from this problem also.”(Lloyd-Jones.Life in The Spirit in Marriage, Home & Work.p 26-27.Banner of Trust.1974.Print).

There are certain things that according to the will of God some folks “should not do” while others “can do or handle it”. However as Christ puts it puts it figuratively “29  So if your right eye causes you to sin, take it out and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose a part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell. 30  If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away! It is much better for you to lose one of your limbs than to have your whole body go off to hell.”(Good News Bible.Mt.5:29-30) 

It is also worth bearing in mind in extreme cases of "too much wine"Eph 5:18 , that it has been said on occasion that "Alkoholisme is the only decease that tells you that you don't  have a decease."(qt. Alcoholics Anonymous  Session)      

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 9/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, pinacled said:

Are you claiming the interpreters should of wrote that jesus turned water into grape juice at the wedding?

Yes, it was a special grape juice which make the heart happy, but without take the conscious of the person.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

16 hours ago, Leonardo Von said:

Yes, it was a special grape juice which make the heart happy, but without take the conscious of the person.

Are you being serious or just pulling our leg.     

• Thumbs Up 1