• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

3 hours ago, Tristen said:

And all readers should uncritically accept your word on the topic - just because you are "saying"?

No skin off my nose whether people accept what I say or not.  It's like sharing the gospel of Christ.  Some will believe it, and others will reject it.   It's not our job to actually convert people.  We just share what we believe and people can take it or leave it.  Ezekiel told the Lord that if he gave his prophecy, they won't listen to him, so what's the use of opening his mouth.  the Lord told him that his responsibility was to prophesy to the people even if they won't listen because then the blood will be on their own hands;  but if he didn't speak what God told him and they suffered judgment, their blood would be on his hands for not being a faithful watchman and warning them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

I have looked into Bethel and I'm in agreement with @Paul James. He has provided ample evidence of their blasphemous teachings and false prophets in this topic. Bethel operates a "School of the Prophets" which is a warning to us all, something which the apostle Paul and the Lord Himself spoke of in the scriptures. There will be many false prophets in these last days. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I see 6 pages here. I can not judge some prophet (just who am I to judge one?) based on, lets say I only heard this prophecy. I've know some that were spot on so much yet missed it at times. We need to careful how we talk about them. There not here to defend them self's.

I've read watched some talk about what is happening right now.. before Oct, during Oct. Those were again spot on. I don't know a prophet that never got it wrong at some point.

But yes this election is not over. So I am not going to run with doubt and treat this as if Jan 20th came and went. And no matter what I will NOT praise them thank them give them any glory only the Father gets that. Nor will I speak evil of them.

People that you think GOD does nothing? Those that speak for Him and they lied? YEAH! HELLO! I am NOT getting in His way. Its a fallen world. I've seen things from our Father but.. if some beautiful angel shows up or in some vision and says a bunch of stuff. God this or God that.. do this do that. Would I KNOW who that angel really is? Oh PRAY I ask "say Jesus Christ came in the flesh" haha

• Followers:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

This is a challenge to write so I pray that I'm faithful to the task before me.  

There is no new revelation forthcoming from our Father in heaven which is to say that the scriptures delivered by the inspiration of the Spirit of Christ, even those portions lost to us over time, are His complete revelation from the beginning to the end. The same is true of the faith delivered once for all the saints.

Every good gift is given by our Father above and for those whom His Son has lifted up and baptized in His Holy Spirit, we walk in those gifts which the Almighty is pleased to bestow upon us according to His will and grace.  We know of these gifts and the good fruit which is borne by God with us serving to edify... build up... strengthen... mature... and equip the servants of the Most High to walk in those works ordained by God before the foundation of the world. 

The Lord is not a pleaser of men and every word of His mouth is Life; each one returns to Him fulfilled and none are spoken in vain. There is no Teacher but the Holy One and the children of His promise wait upon Him and no other. His sheep know His voice. Therefore the witness of His Spirit and the testimony of the scriptures exposes the charlatans and sorcerers to the light of Truth and vindicates the faithful whose reward is not found on this earth but rather, in heaven where we shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

Beware of false prophets for they are plentiful in this day. 

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/12/2020 at 5:34 AM, Tristen said:

There are "videos on Youtube" defaming pretty-much every well-known Christian ministry. That's the problem. The Bible labels Satan as slanderer and the accuser of believers. Yet so many Christians fall into the trap of thinking it is our job to go around casting judgement on ministers and ministries. I am more cautious because I know I do not have all the information. And I'd hate to think I've spoken against a work of God simply because I am personally ignorant of God's purpose in that work.

Again, I have no opinion about "Bethel" because I literally know nothing about them (apart from the rumours you have provided in this thread).

You've spoken here against Bethel - and you may very well be correct in your charges. Nevertheless, all you've provided me in the OP is nebulous accusations of failed prophecy. Based on the information provided, I demonstrated your accusations to be premature.

We should just consider ourselves duly warned about the Bethel group brother....and now that we have received a heads-up, it's up to us to seek the Lord and look into them further if we need to.  It's not anybody's job to prove it for us.  Warning is not proving, it's just sounding the alarm to wake people up to open their eyes and start to see whatever is being warned about.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  25,196
  • Content Per Day:  5.82
  • Days Won:  164
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

These are some thoughts I'm having here. 

I am in a charismatic non denominational church and have been for as long as I have been a Christian. But I do not necessarily agree with everything that goes on in churches like that. I suspect there are bad things that go on in orthodox churches that is just as bad but less often noticed because they hide it better.

Personally,  I am not that attached to church in the traditional sense. Oh I like a structure. 

I am relational and practical and I care about the lost and those in need, so I seek an active church where members actively participate, which is a hospital for the broken, that welcomes outcasts  that does missions, that seek to set captives free. I long for greater unity within the Body of Christ, because I think the world out there needs Jesus and many people who need him the most won't come to a building or a church service because they feel rejected and unwelcome. I think divisions also cause people to stay away from church. 

Because of that, while much of their teaching might be questionable,  there are things in Bethel that I admire and things I question. And if we are worried about them I hope we are praying for them. I also think you can be a Christian and go to Bethel. I believe God can speak to us in many ways, although I do believe it will always agree with scripture . Scripture is complete. But people still need healing and many need a miracle.  

My 2cents. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

4 hours ago, Paul James said:

No skin off my nose whether people accept what I say or not.  It's like sharing the gospel of Christ.  Some will believe it, and others will reject it.   It's not our job to actually convert people.  We just share what we believe and people can take it or leave it.  Ezekiel told the Lord that if he gave his prophecy, they won't listen to him, so what's the use of opening his mouth.  the Lord told him that his responsibility was to prophesy to the people even if they won't listen because then the blood will be on their own hands;  but if he didn't speak what God told him and they suffered judgment, their blood would be on his hands for not being a faithful watchman and warning them.

And thus you alleviate yourself of all responsibility and accountability for your words. You have spoken your truth. There is no further requirement on you to defend your position, or “to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15)?

You give yourself the right to make frivolous accusations against any supposed Christian you disagree with. Because after all, “no skin off [your] nose whether people accept what [you] say or not”.

We are admonished to correct error “in humility” (2 Timothy 2:25). Yet this argument positions you beyond correction. You give yourself the right “say” whatever you want and “no skin off [your] nose whether people accept what [you] say or not”. Where is the meekness, fear and humility?

As is hopefully obvious, I have no interest in Bethel - because I have no contact with them. I haven't even disputed your claims about them. My concern is for Christians who give themselves the uncontested right to make allegations against other Christians.

Satan is called “the accuser of our brethren” (Revelation 12:10). The word devil means slanderer. And in many places we are explicitly warned to not judge. It therefore surprises me when Christians fail to approach such allegations against other Christians more circumspectly; at least taking the time and effort to present a solid argument.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

We should just consider ourselves duly warned about the Bethel group brother....and now that we have received a heads-up, it's up to us to seek the Lord and look into them further if we need to.  It's not anybody's job to prove it for us.  Warning is not proving, it's just sounding the alarm to wake people up to open their eyes and start to see whatever is being warned about.

Hi Heleadethme,

You said, “We should just consider ourselves duly warned about the Bethel group brother....and now that we have received a heads-up, it's up to us to seek the Lord and look into them further if we need to

The reason for me engaging in this thread is my concern for the readiness of many Christians to make frivolous, unsupported accusations against others who also claim to be Christian – and what that suggests about those making the accusations. I could take just about every comment made against “the Bethel group” in this thread and apply it to any Christian ministry, and say, 'you have been “duly warned” about them'. The internet is saturated with such accusations against every well-known Christian ministry (and minister).

It's not anybody's job to prove it for us

The Bible indicates to me that I should be reluctant to receive an accusation against Christian ministers (1 Timothy 5:19), and reluctant to cast judgement over my fellow servants of God (Romans 14:4), and if correction is required, to do so with meekness, fear and humility (1 Peter 3:15, 2 Timothy 2:25). We should expect more from ourselves than flippant, empty, unsupported accusations. The fear of God should motivate us to be more cautious about the possibility of so glibly speaking against a work of God.

Warning is not proving, it's just sounding the alarm to wake people up to open their eyes and start to see whatever is being warned about

But surely, if we are making accusations against supposed Christians, we should hold ourselves to a higher standard for the quality of our “warning”. That is my argument in this thread.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I ask this with all sincerity:  why do so many evangelicals support Trump?  Why is the Christian agenda so closely related to the Republicans?  

Thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

12 hours ago, Tristen said:

All claims should be supported by arguments - especially claims against potential works of God.

You are welcome to provide the arguments if you feel led to do so - but that somewhat misses the point; i.e. my criticism that most claims in this thread are not properly supported by argument - and if we are going to criticise a ministry, that's really not good enough.

I'll bear that in mind next time someone promotes the Jehovah Witnesses. :rolleyes:

The time I lost all respect for Terry Virgo was when there were real issues in our church with the leadership, and his response was "Don't touch the Lord's anointed". 

First of all, that's the refuge of the insecure leader.

Secondly, David was saying "don't kill Saul". Not "don't criticise him". David criticised Saul plenty. So long as the criticism is with respect, it's perfectly acceptable. I speak entirely with respect to the people involved that TB was not from God, and that Bethel is church that is in deception.

But hey - you're not the arbiter of discussion here, so your attempts at shutting down discussion are note. And duly ignored.

Have a lovely day.

Edited by NotAllThere