Buddy D. Mouse

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I recently spent quite a bit of time at a board where there were a whole lot of posters - Christians - who did not believe in the Trinity - and/or did not believe that Jesus was God.

It seemed to me a Haven for Heretics - yet they were sincere, many well-versed in Greek, otherwise-intelligent posters who said Jesus was Son of God but not actually God.

I just wanted to get a feel for how important these issues are here.

In almost all cases, I have found that those who don't believe in Trinity also do not believe Jesus was God, not in all cases, but almost.

Just wondered what folks on this board thought.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Episcopius said:

I recently spent quite a bit of time at a board where there were a whole lot of posters - Christians - who did not believe in the Trinity - and/or did not believe that Jesus was God.

It seemed to me a Haven for Heretics - yet they were sincere, many well-versed in Greek, otherwise-intelligent posters who said Jesus was Son of God but not actually God.

In almost all cases, I have found that those who don't believe in Trinity also do not believe Jesus was God, not in all cases, but almost.

I've seen people fight like crazy over this issue on other forums. I don't see how that is helpful.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I think Athanasius fought like crazy over it in the 300's AD. He got sent into exile 5 times but kept coming back. Now days it is not just Jehovah's Witnesses bringing a comeback to Arianism. Non-Trinnies and NOT-GODDERS all over the net saying "aint no Tinity" and saying "Jesus is Not God - just ' a good man' " or whatever...

Jesus is God, and all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Him.

The Godhead is the biblical term for the Trinity.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jn 1:1 in the begining was the word and the word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All thinks that were made were made by the word and without the word was not anything made that was made.  In him was life and the life was the light of men.  Then in vs 14 "And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld his glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

To my understanding, since we're made in the image and likeness of the Lord, I see that we are body soul and spirit a reflection of the Lord himself.  So that Jesus is like the body that outward presence of the Lord, our infinite God.  The Father is like the soul that inward part of God and the Spirit is like our blood moving and giving life.  Jesus said that the words he spoke wasn't his own but was from the Father and if we didn't believe that his words were from the Father, then look at his works which the Father gave him to do.  Of the Spirit, Jesus said that he would send the Spirit to us from the Father and that the Spirit speaketh not of his own, but whatsoever he hears, that shall he speak and he will reveal things to come.  This shows us that the Lord has a  distinction of roles from each self aware component, but that together the truth of the Lord's nature can be seen in Deut 6:4 "Hear, O Israel,: the Lord our God is one Lord."

In another place we're told about Jesus, "he holds all things together by the word of his power."  I take this to mean that Jesus holds ever atom in the universe together so that the atom's center of like charges do not repel and he keeps each electron in a tight orbit around its atom by the word of his power.

We're given the definition of eternal life in Jn 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they might know thee, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom thou has sent."  So we'll have plenty of time to know our infinite God as we are fully known by him.

glf

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Episcopius said:

1. then they aren't true Christians no matter how nice they are.

2. the Greek in Philippians 2:6 (in the form of God morphe theos huparchon ← never ceasing to be God...) indicates his preincarnate state and continued state in the incarnation AND claims he is equal with God in the same verse.

The Trinity is simple to defend in scripture.

God WITH God (John 1:1-2) * 

And the God that God the Word was with is the Father (1 John 1:1-2) and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1-2) ← this is whay I call this "the ol' one - two." 

All three present in the beginning.

* if they try the emphatic diaglot argument about  missing article, then they got some 'splaining to do with John 20:17 where the Father has a missing article twice in the Greek text proving both John 1:1 and John 20:17 are using the noun-kai-noun grammar which omits the second article when referring to the same thing or the same essence 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

38 minutes ago, Episcopius said:

I think Athanasius fought like crazy over it in the 300's AD. He got sent into exile 5 times but kept coming back. Now days it is not just Jehovah's Witnesses bringing a comeback to Arianism. Non-Trinnies and NOT-GODDERS all over the net saying "aint no Tinity" and saying "Jesus is Not God - just ' a good man' " or whatever...

Jesus is God, and all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily in Him.

The Godhead is the biblical term for the Trinity.

Just goes to show Jesus knew what he meant when he said "few there are that find the narrow way..." now that the world claims there are 2 Billion Christians world wide.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DO  YOU  WANT  TO  LEARN  FROM  JESUS  CHRIST  OR  DEBATE  A  BUNCH  OF  OPINION

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,388
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think the major problem is that the word God does not mean the same thing as a temple period Jew nor those who actually wrote the Bible and that is the major problem with discussing the subject of the Trinity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, Episcopius said:

You are going to get a wide range of beliefs on here.  I personally don't agree with the way the doctrine of trinity as it is taught.  I dont believe God is three persons or three Gods in one.  The trinity is not taught in the bible yet has become dogma just as it was in the early Roman Catholic Church.  The bible teaches that there is only one God.  God created all things and the bible says the creator was manifested in the flesh (Y'shua/Jesus).   The Spirit that Jesus gave up on the cross is the Holy Spirit.  God is not three persons but one person manifested in the flesh and spirit.   The bible teaches man was created in the image and likeness of God.  Are we three persons in one?  Well we do have a body, soul and spirit just like God but we are still one person just as God is one. 

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Jesus is God

The Holy Spirit is God

The Father is God.

Jesus is fully human.

Anything outside of that is in my view heresy. Why heresy? Because unless Jesus was God, we can't be saved and we're left with a doctrine of works or "wouldn't it be nice if everyone were nice?". 

I have heard of a two-person Godhead, where the Holy Spirit is rejected as being God.  That might not be heresy in fact, since it "only" robs us of the fullness of God. So maybe only error. For me heresy is anything which leads people away from being saved.

The main reason I believe in the Trinity - which is extremely hard to define without going into modalism or somesuch! - is that when you read the Bible (or at least when I do), there seems to be a definite "3-ness" about God, in both the old and new testament. I think the reason why learned theologians sometimes decide against the Trinity is because it is, in my opinion, impossible for us temporal, limited humans to understand, and some people have a real problem with that. 

This is my considered view after studying theology at the University of London, Heythrop, for five years.